Oops!...I Did It Again
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£12.94+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 25 June 2000
Alright I have to admit she has grown up since her last album quite a bit! She has matured in her voice and her lyrics aren't as sappy. My favourite song has to be Where are you now. I do love Lucky though. What you see is what you get is also a terrific song that shows what its like to try to have people change you. Songs like Stronger show what shes of. Though I still love Born to Make you happy some of these songs out-do her past album. Some songs like Dont let me be the last to know(unfortunately the next single) annoy me because its just not her style though she says she likes it. I just haven't gotten used to that song and can't say I ever will. As for satisfaction, it was a great song before... too bad she ruined it...
on 3 March 2013
A second album is always the hardest to do in an artist's career. People have already heard how good you can be, or how bad you can be in some cases. Miss Spears' debut was incredible. It was a genuinely great pop album (see my review if you wish)

This album does contain some hidden gems, but they are overlooked by some genuinely dreadful filler tracks.

Oops... I Did It Again - This, along with ... Baby One More Time, is considered to be one of her most iconic songs. The video is phenomenal, but I think the video is a lot better than the actual song. Sure, it's catchy and easy to sing along to... Everything you'd expect from a Britney song, but its just not that great of a song. - 7/10

Stronger - This was the best upbeat track in the album, the lyrics are powerful and meaningful. It gets stuck in your head easily and I think this should have been the lead single off of the album. Her voice sounds amazing on it, and again she came out with an amazing video (one of her best?) - 10/10

Don't Go Knockin' On My Door - This is the third song into the album, and already the quality has started to go down. It's a dull, uninspired song. The first few times you hear it it's okay, but after a while you do genuinely start to see what a bad song it is - 5/10

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - On her earlier albums Britney always included a cover song (on this one there is actually 2) and they are either hit or miss. Beat Goes On from her debut was not very good at all, this one is a bit better. No way near as good as the original, but she made it her own. The lyrics were changed so they suited her better, the beat was more edgy, and it actually is an okay song. A downside was that it seemed to drag on a bit too long though. - 6/10

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - Many people question why this was chosen as a single. I don't see how they could! It's the best song on the album (in my opinion) , and showcases what this girl can do. It has almost a country feel to it (probably because It was co-penned by Shania Twain) , her vocals are great, the lyrics are beautiful and the music behind the vocals is genuinely stunning. This is perhaps one of my favourite Britney songs she has ever made, even after 13 years! - 10/10

What U See (Is What U Get) - This sounds similar to Don't Go Knockin On My Door, except a bit better. Its a lot more interesting than the earlier song. Still not great though - 6/10

Lucky - This was released a single from the album, and it's a great song to sing along to, although after a while is does get very tedious. Looking back now it is a genuinely sad song, as it is somewhat prophetic to what her life would eventually become. It still remains to this day a very sweet song - 7/10

One Kiss From You - There's not really much you can say about this song, it's just genuinely dull, and an obvious filler, the lyrics are cute however. - 3/10

Where Are You Now - Her vocals sound great on this track. It's a simple, romantic ballad, but is slightly dull. - 7/10

Can't Make You Love Me - 'I'm Just A Girl With A Crush On You' is the opening line, it pretty much describes how the rest of the song is going to go, it's immature, naive but surprisingly good, one of the non-single highlights on the album - 8/10

When Your Eyes Say It - This was originally planned as a single release, but was scrapped for some unknown reason. This is one of my favourites on the album. It mostly consists of Britney talking, and singing a sweet chorus. There's not really much more to it than that, but it's a great simple song. - 9/10

Dear Diary - Co-penned by Spears herself, it's one of the weaker tracks in the album. It's too silly, but you can't help but find it adorably cute at the same time. - 4/10

Bonus Tracks : MAY NOT COME WITH THE CD YOU HAVE ORDERED

Girl In The Mirror - This tells the story of a broken hearted girl in the mirror, whom Britney eventually releases is her reflection. It's a mediocre song, nothing special - -5/10

You Got It All - This is the second cover on the album, and no way near as good as the other one. To put it frankly it is boring. - 2/10

Heart - In this song Britney is singing to her heart, who shes basically apologising too for getting heartbroken so many times. It's surprisingly a nice song - 7/10

Walk On By - The gem of the bonus tracks, I believe this is also the B-side to the single Stronger. It's upbeat, the lyrics are fun, and I believe it should have been onto the main album, because it is better than the majority of the songs on it. - 9/10

Conclusion : This song has some great songs, and some dreadful songs. Overall, it's just a very mediocre album, but still worth a listen. It's her worst album, but that still didn't stop it from taking over the world and becoming one of the best selling albums of all time!
on 4 November 2012
Oops!... I Did It Again is basically ...Baby One More Time No. 2 The bubblegum pop songs are up to scratch and very catchy to listen to. It also features some great ballads nearer to the end of the album. The only negative, for me, about the album is the talking in between a few of the songs. It's kinda cute, listening to a 17 year old Britney talk about her crushes etc. but is a bit silly. Track listing:

1. Oops!... I Did It Again - very catchy and upbeat. This is ...Baby One More Time no. 2 but I do prefer her debut. However, this song is great to listen to basically anywhere: in the car, at the gym, doing your hair... And it has the fantastic Titanic part in the middle! 10/10

2. Stronger - BEST song on the album. Britney kinda moved away from bubblegum pop but it is brilliant. And who can forget the video?! Britney dancing on a chair - AMAZING! 10/10

3. Don't Go Knockin' On My Door - this is a brilliant song too. Great lyrics. It's about how Britney's moved on from an ex and is telling him, literally, to "not knock on my door". Love it. 10/10

4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - I personally think this song is underrated. It was panned by critics as a failure and an insult to the Rolling Stones, but I think it's just as good as the orginal. Britney really makes it her own; changing the lyrics and adding in "uh's". Okay, that sounds bad but trust me... it's good! Well, I think so anyway. 10/10

5. Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know - definitely not one of Brit's best. This is actually a cover but it doesn't do the orginal any justice. It's a bit boring and just not Britney enough! It definitely shouldn't have been a single, however this is Britney's favourite off the album. I don't know why. :/ 7/10

6. What U See (Is What U Get) - Oh, this song is amazing. It's showing that Britney is herself, and won't change for anyone. The beat is catchy, the lyrics are fantastic and Britney's vocals are great. 10/10

7. Lucky - This isn't one of my favourites, but it's definitely a critic's favourite. I love the beginning and the song is quite catchy. It's about a celebrity who has it all but no love. Even though Britney's talking about a fictional girl named "Lucky" it is pretty obvious this song is about her. 8/10

8. One Kiss From You - Aw, this is a sweet song. It's an upbeat love song with adorable lyrics. Very innocent Britney. 8/10

9. Where Are You Now - The first of the slow ballads on Oops!... I Did It Again, this song is worth listening to a few times. At first, you think it's going to be a boring ballad however it does get better and Britney's vocals are very natural. 9/10

10. Can't Make You Love Me - This is very innocent Britney era. The lyrics "I'm just a girl with a crush on you!" proves that. It's basically One Kiss From You no.2 but I prefer Can't Make You Love Me. It's more catchy. 9/10

11. When Your Eyes Say It - Back to the slow ballads! This song is good and it was going to be a single until unknown problems caused it to fall through. To be honest, I'm quite glad it did but it's still a good song. 8/10

12. Girl in the Mirror - best ballad on the album. Very good vocals and you can tell that Britney really means the lyrics. It's really sweet. 10/10

13. Dear Diary - Britney's first attempts at writing a song. No, I'm not lying; Britney co-wrote this song at the tender age of 17! The lyrics aren't too great and the meaning isn't very complex but Britney's vocals are so adorable! 7/10
on 12 June 2011
I loved ...Baby One More Time and i listen to it a lot but Oops!...I Did It Again is even better than the last and i listen to it a lot more than the last.
There isn't much difference to the last album and this album except the cover, title and the amount of tracks and there are some similarities between some tracks such as Oops and Baby One More Time and From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart and Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know.
I think Britney did really well choosing all the tracks to go on this album because despite not co-writing any of them except the last track Dear Diary they can all relate to her such as Lucky and Girl In The Mirror.
I really enjoyed this album and her previous one to and also all the other albums she has released.
I recommend this album to everyone no matter what price it is, it is worth every penny.
Oops!...I Did It Again 10/10

Standout Tracks***
Oops!...I Did It Again
Stronger
Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
What U See (Is What U Get)
Lucky
Can't Make You Love Me
Girl In The Mirror
You Got It All
Heart
Dear Diary
on 30 December 2008
the start of a new millenium means the start of something new for ms.Spears she was a few years off of adulthood but this album more than shows her capability of reflecting a stronger vocal range and experimanting with newer sounds which she will do in current years.
oops i Did it Again is more than just a sequel to Baby One More Time...it's its successor with several phenominal sounds including her own rendition of the Stones classic Satisfaction,which just shows how amazingly well known and trusted Spears is.
while this album is not entirely prefect it is much more than the quality of music in the pop industry of recent years.
tracklist-

Oops!I Did It Again-4/5-the stunning lead track that lacks the punch of her previous singles from Baby One More Time but is one of Spears most distinctive tracks.

Stronger-5/5-the most perfect and greatest single release from this album due to its formidable and well ;strong; sound that makes the song entirely perfectionalist.

Don't Go Knockin' On My Door-5/5-entirely random but a sound that will be experimented with in later years for Spears.

No Satisfaction-5/5-a fantastic rendition of a a Stones classic that is personified by Spears and is one of the better tracks on the album.

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know-4/5-a nice urban fell to a surprisingly enchanting song.

What U See is What u Get-5/5-a strong song that acts like a sequel to Stronger with a similar lyrical structure and distinctive beat.

Lucky-5/5-an enchanting single from the album that deals with fame and young aspiring stras like Spears herself or more iconic Hollywood figures like Marylin Monroe who had their troubles like Spears herself encountered through 2003-07 so therefore the strongest song on the album and an easily identiyable track it is too.

One Kiss From You-3/5-not entirely iconic but nevertheless enjoyable.

Where Are You Now-4/5-a slower paced track that contains Spear recognisable sound.

Can't Make You Love Me-3/5
When Your Eyes Say it-3/5
Girl In he Mirror-3/5-all three of the aforementioned tracks are each beautiful in their structure but i can't help but feel they're uneeded for the album as they aren't entirely perfect but nevertheless good.

Dear Diary-5/5-an epic close to an all in all great album

Heart-3/5-a decent track with its slower unwinding style but as a bonus it questions its loyalty to the rest of the album.

a worthy purchase and a great album to add to your collection,she only perfects herself in her power of song writing and production style in future albums-BRITNEY,IN THE ZONE,BLACKOUT and the epic CIRCUS!!
on 20 May 2000
I don't normally go for anything so out-and-out pop, but I have to admit this is an enourmously enjoyable album. I pretty much agree with what people have said for the UK version. The bonus tracks ("Heart", "You Got It All", "Girl In The Mirror") are more of the same, "Heart" is especially good, a ballad with some lovely strings. Another good feature is that the bonus tracks are within the album rather than just being stuck on at the end. Overall, a very good pop album.
on 10 August 2011
On her second album in two years, Britney (and her songwriters and producers) replicate the formula that propelled her to worldwide fame. Whilst "Baby One More Time" could essentially be considered a classic of its times, "Oops!... I Did it Again" maintains but doesn't surpass the impact made by the début. What I mean is that there were many enjoyable album tracks on the début album in my opinion.

The album's good bits include the singles "Oops" and "Stronger", Darkchild's reimagining of The Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" and the oddly prophetic "Lucky".

Where the album doesn't succeed is on the later part of the album where the ballads are more numerous. It plays the teen pop card strongly on this album, with interjections from both her girlfriends and her 'boyfriend' at various points throughout the album, before the whole thing is wrapped up with "Dear Diary", Britney's first attempt at song writing...

In retrospect, Spears' sophomore album hasn't aged well, and just by looking at "The Singles Collection", you can see why.
on 13 September 2007
This cd has a mixture of beautifully and softly sung ballads and more lively songs such as Stronger and "Oops! I did it again." The majority of the songs on the disc don't have the most original lyrics or music but what they do have is Britney's one-off voice.This cd like the cd "Baby one more time" is hard to stop listening to and I listen to it more than
any other cd I have got.As someone who listens to all kinds of music from classical to hip-hop I can tell you that this means it's a recording of some quality.If you asked me to take two cds from any group/solo artist
and say who has the best two cds I would say "Britney Spears with "Baby one more time" and "Oops I did it again." But while "Baby one more time" has 10 good songs (out of twelve)on it,"Oops I did it again" has fifteen (out of fifteen)!If you want some music to relax to,the last 6 songs of Oops!I did it Again! will be right up your street - wherever you live!
on 8 October 2000
Britney is re-releasing her second album 'OOPS' in the UK this time with 2 new bonus tracks and an enhanced section with the lucky video and 'OOPS I DID IT AGAIN' live! 'HEART' is a lovely slow ballad and drips britney's sweetness, where as 'YOU GOT IT ALL' is more of a mid-tempo song with out her infectious beats found in her famous singles. But the album has great ballads such as the ehart warming 'WHERE ARE YOU NOW' and 'DEAR DIARY' (which britney co-wrote herself!) As well as the singles 'LUCKY' and 'OOPS I DID IT AGAIN' there's the fabulous Backstreet boys style 'STRONGER' the RnB tinged 'DON'T GO KNOCKING ON MY DOOR' as well as a ballad written by mutt lange entitled 'DON'T LET ME BE THE LAST TO KNOW' All songs on here are great, and there's a mix of styles, from the happy pop of 'ONE KISS FROM YOU' to the infectious chourus of 'LUCKY' to the big beats of 'STRONGER' to the sweet ballads like 'GIRL IN THE MIRROR' So if you already have this album 2 new songs and a video aren't really an incentive to buy it again but if you have not got the album make sure you go buy this new re-released version as it's pure britney POP!
on 28 August 2012
Britney's second studio album was probably her best vocally. The album kicks off with her most famous Pop songs and then diverts into soft Power Ballads.
"Where Are You Now" and "When Your Eyes Say It" are just beautiful ballads, they show that this girl was more than just an Industry puppet and that she really could sing. Britney is a fantastic singer... It's just a shame that in her later albums she sounds like Stephen Hawkings.
The music video to "Lucky" was pure art.
The cover of "Can't get no Satisfaction" shows off her voice. This was a great album and was in every little girl's collection who grew up in the early 2000s.
Would definitely recommend this of you're looking for a catchy Pop album.