5.0 out of 5 stars My best buy in months (years?), 12 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
Exquisite, relaxing, evocative, this pearl of latin jazz, a combination of classical and flamenco themes, provides every one of them with a new value, enriching their own. I find it hard to choose one as my favourite track, but I think the version of "Besame Mucho" is a unique jewel. As is the "Love Theme" for the film "Two Much". And many others. As soon as I heard a couple of themes I had to buy it, and when I did I had to listen to it several times in a row!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 Mar 2008
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
Another great recording by Michel Camilo, who, by the way is from the Dominican Republic, not Puerto Rico. It seems his style can work in just about any musical situation, from classical to trio to big band, and now on this superlative recording with the beautiful flamenco guitar of Tomatito. Michel recorded an excellent buleria form piece on 'Rendezvous' (El Realejo) so his percussive, highly rhythmical yet sensitively melodic style clearly works with the passion of flamenco. Spain is the kind of album that, when you get to the end you just want to go back to the beginning and play it again, and there can be no higher praise. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourites, 1 Nov 2006
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
Jazz piano and flamenco guitar music doesn't sound like a recipe for success, but "Spain" is both intensely moving and exciting. I bought this a few years ago, and played it non-stop for months. Everyone who heard it was also capitivated by this musical hybrid. The sound is a fresh, sharp, and harmonious blend of two different traditions. I loved it then, I love it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant ! I love it !, 13 Aug 2013
Ray C (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
What a great record! It is just a pleasure to listen to those 2 great musicians. Michel Camilo is in my opinion one of the finest jazz piano players in the world and Tomatito is a flamenco legend ! And they make a great combination. I normally listen to the whole cd and as soon as it finishes, I play it again from the start ! It is that good! My only criticism is that it is just too short ! Only 45 mins ! Come on guys ! I want more ! I guess I'll just have to buy "Spain Again" now ! I'm hooked, this stuff is too good, it's addictive ! If you like great music, just buy it ! Highly, highly recommended !

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
Bought Spain through Amazon originally in 2003. Hadn't listened to it in years, happened upon it while unpacking after a move, popped it into the CD player. As good, and seamless, as when I first heard it (in a bar in Spain, as it happens) a decade ago. I was afraid it would sound trite or passé. An album that has stood the test of time well - and a classic of fusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars a charming blend, 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
close your eyes and let this wonderful music take you into the warm embrace of the South of Spain! excellent execution of latin jazz: I strongly recommend listening to it !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Heard this in a shop and went out to buy the album, 10 Feb 2014
A. Lavelle (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spain (Audio CD)
This is very good background sound for when you have people over. The best song is track four. Love it.

Spain
Spain by Tomatito (Audio CD - 2010)