Price:£39.90+ £1.26 shipping

on 3 February 2004
Having been fed hard house and trance by Mixmag and Radio 1 for a large portion of my late teens (oh how embarrassingly misinformed I was!), I discovered the real 'underground' when I was told to buy this album by a mate in late 2000. My first impressions weren't great - being more used to hideous female vocals and no-brain synth riffs - but slowly the basslines and superb drum programming won me over.
Following the wispy, floaty synth intro of the mix CD, the first 5 tracks progress from dirty to filthy to positively landfill and that's where it stays. When walking through crowded streets with this on the personal, I have to check myself from dancing as each slamming bassline drops. There's tight mixing, moody movie samples, truly twisted beats and dark stabbing sounds, but most of all there is bass enough to tap into that primeval, volcano fearing, mammoth dodging, adrenaline inducing caveman gene.
In short, I love this CD and as a result my hard house and trance collection is now confined to a box in the attic. If you're a true basshead, you should make an effort to find this CD - you won't be disappointed.
on 13 September 2004
This is an album which shows bad co. in their prime. every track has been masterfully created. The energy this album brings to dancefloors is unreal, it is a very fast yet detailed album and if you like bad company this is the album for you. A few years old now but every track is an anthem. The bass lines rumble as the album rips its way from track to track, the compilation CD (CD2) is just as good with perfect mixes a tribute to Fresh and the boys talents.
on 21 April 2014
Possibly the best of various excellent releases by this band.

Whilst the band was originally called ''Bad Company'', confusion with the earlier band of the same name quickly ensued. For what it's worth, I like the band featuring Paul Rogers too, although tend to prefder Led Zepp as a bit more gutsy.

Name of this band is usually styled as an icon that is BC forward and also BC reflected backwards - kind of clever if you think about it for long enough.

Complaints from time to time that other Amazon reviewers have bought this by mistake thinking it to be the 'proper' Bad Company simply do not wash - surely any true fan of that earlier band would simply check the many online discocraphies to see what this is.

Yes, this is drum 'n' bass with incredibly deep sub-bass lines and intricate rhthmic patterns that delight the mind, and not classic seventies rock. I happen to enjoy both genres, but I am not fool enough to get the two mixed up and then complain here because of my own mistake.

As to the content itself, all of the superlatives have already been used up by other reviewers - all I can say is that I was stunned the first time I heard this.
on 11 October 2000
This is a display of expertise in the sub-genre of atmospheric drum'n'bass, dipping into sci-fi at several points whilst never losing the listener's attention through excessive abstraction. The strong, dark themes running through the album strike a strong chord with the soul of drum'n'bass fans and artists alike, yet remaining accessible due to excellent and well-judged production. Without being rough or messy, the sound retains aspects of old skool appreciation without feeling the need to constantly remind the listener of that 'virtue'. Furthermore, there is no series of peaks and dips in terms of quality, simply one continuous peak from the very first moment. At times it is excellently urban and even futuristic, yet firmly concentrated on being itself rather than a conformist to genre stereotypes. To create such an independent album, yet draw subtly on a range of well-chosen influences, earns the highest artistic respect and etches Bad Company as a permanent emperor of inventive drum'n'bass.