5.0 out of 5 stars totally turktastic!!
Published on 19 Mar 2002 by nadine@kitv.co.uk

2.0 out of 5 stars tarkan
was disappointed with this cd though it has some of his best known songs on they were then re-mixed so i viewed that as a cop-out for not putting different ones on. Not worth the money
Published 20 months ago by Mrs. P. H. Demir

5.0 out of 5 stars totally turktastic!!, 19 Mar 2002
nadine@kitv.co.uk (Hull,East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: tarkan (Audio CD)
I first heard Tarkans' music when I was holidaying in Turkey 3 years ago...and yes I did do the dance to the 'kiss,kiss' song like a silly tourist!!!I tried to find anything I could of his when I got back but to no avail.So how happy was I when I found it on here...VERY!!!I have listened to it non stop since I received it a few days ago...oh how the memories have come flooding back!!From the moment Simarik starts I am back in Turkey with my hands clapping and a big silly grin on my face dancing up and down the gullet!!lolOlurum Sana has a thumping beat and a catchy chorus as does Bu Gece which is quite dance orientated and are definitely great to dance to!!One of my favourites is Sikidim which I have managed to sing along to quite well now even though I haven't a clue what I'm singing!!lolSome of the slow tracks took a bit of getting used to as I'd only heard the more pop based stuff but I have grown to like them even more each time I listen to them.Tarkans' vocal ability seems to be quite varied but the upbeat songs seem to suit his undulation of the vowels with a bit more power than the slow stuff.Nevertheless he is a very talented singer/songwriter and drop dead gorgeous to boot!!By the time I go back to Turkey for my hols for the fourth time!!! I will have worn my cd out and be fully fluent in Turkish pop songs!!!lolIf you want a bit of culture and diversity in your audio consumption I suggest you buy this cd and see what you think!!If anything it will make you want to be back in Turkey sipping beer and lounging by the sea watching the sun go down with a gorgeous Turkish man at your side!!!(a Tarkan lookalike maybe!??)lolGo on......buy it,you will be belly dancing in no time!!:o)

4.0 out of 5 stars brings back happy memories of a very memorable holiday, 2 Nov 2000
This review is from: Tarkan [France] (Audio CD)
I first heard Simarik in Kos last year and have been longing to track it down. I could'nt remember the name of the song but by chance saw Tarkan on Eurotrash and promptly ordered it! I have to say also he is absolutely gorgeous!!!listening to the cd simarik is really,really the best a couple of the others are good too,on the whole the album is definately worth buying if you like this type of music - perhaps one or two tracks reminded me of "eurovision" type songs!!! but don't let that put you off. Whatever, I want to marry him!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best turkish pop music, 4 Oct 2000
This review is from: tarkan (Audio CD)
This is a must - have for any true fan of Turkish music. After returning from a holiday in Turkey where Tarkan was ALL that was played, i felt I should buy it. I'm glad I did. Tarkan successfully fuses traditional turkish sounds with modern european beats, and very sexy lyrics which (although in Turkish) are suprisingly easy to sing along to. I highly recommend it. kiss kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarkan:- Merhaba!, 16 Aug 2002
This review is from: tarkan (Audio CD)
Brilliant album for a Turkey holiday maker! The tunes are fantastic and yes i too was up dancing to Simarik 3yrs ago on my first visit! I have been back 4times since and am returning to buy Tarkans new album next month(sept)
Overall a great way to try to learn the Turkish language and part of the culture!
Played EVERYWHERE in Marmaris, so brings many memories flooding back!
BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Turkish music ever heard, 19 Feb 2004
This review is from: tarkan (Audio CD)
I highly recommend any of Tarkan's albums to everybody. He mingles European beats and Turkish music into a beautiful mixture, he has an incredibly beautiful voice of an angel, devlishly erotic way of dancing and a charming Turkish charisma. The songs are great to hum, to sing and to dance to. He is the true King of Pop in Turkey, and he will own your heart as soon as you catch the first notes of his melodies...

"Seni gidi fındıkkıran
Yılanı deliğinden çikaran
Kaderim püsküllü belam
Yakalarsam *muah* muah* " :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure excellence....., 13 Sep 2000
This review is from: tarkan (Audio CD)
This is the best CD i know of. Turkey has the best songs in the whole world. Even if you don't like Tarkan's music you'll love his eyes and the way he makes kissy noises on his songs - especially Simirik!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album and a definate must buy, 20 Jun 2000
This review is from: Tarkan [France] (Audio CD)
i heard tarkans most famous song simarik in turkey about 3 years ago. we knew the song as the kiss kiss song so as it was my holiday song i decided to buiy it but as cds in turkey were very cheap i decided to buy the album. i loved it and ever since that holiday i listen to that song nearly every day it brings back memories of my holiday which i really enjoyed. the album has a mixed range of songs and has a wide range of different beats. it is an excellent album and i sugest you buy it. hes not just an excellent singer and song writter but he is also an amazing person he is wonderfully gorgeous and his eyes are amazing. this album is a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Sunshine; the best reminder of a holiday in Turkey !, 27 Jun 2001
This review is from: tarkan (Audio CD)
Fresh and happy sounding music. Takes you straight back to that beautiful sunny place (wherever it was). A devoted belly dancer, the driving beat of Tarkan's music makes a refreshing change for dance from the usual Egyptian stuff. We use it regularly in class as an ad lib, we just do our own thing. Don't bother translating the words; they aren't exactly poetry and anyway they're rather rude in places. Just close your eyes, listen and let the music transport you to the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Dec 2013
nicola power (Firenze, Italy) - See all my reviews
I bought it because I'm learning Turkish and I teach English and always use music in my lessons. The songs on the album are lovely. I especially like Simarik (kiss), Inci Tanem and Sikidim. Even if you don't understand Turkish they are beautiful songs and you can dance to all of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars tarkan, 13 Nov 2012
Mrs. P. H. Demir (yorkshire england) - See all my reviews

tarkan
tarkan by Tarkan (Audio CD)