5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album - more than just easy listening, 30 May 2000
This review is from: White Pepper (Audio CD)
I bought this on the strength of a review in my newspaper -
Initially you feel that Ween are just knocking out products oftheir influences, Steely Dan for one springs to mind. But the quality of the songwriting surpasses mere slavish copying and the lyrics are funny and poignant -'Even if you don't' is surely what marriage vows are all about. And musically they surprise - you find yourself listening to steel drums and the next moment immersed in a blast of metal.
This is an album of great tunes, songs that you can sing along to (and how rare it that these days) and songs that burn a groove in your subconscious. Delightful, but with an edge. Album of the year? Oh yeah. END

5.0 out of 5 stars A great listen, I was hooked after the 1st time I heard it., 15 Jan. 2001
This review is from: White Pepper (Audio CD)
Not convinced by my brother telling me of this band i'd nver heard of,'Oh its great he says' yeah right & we all love the Queen! Then came the 1st time I heard it what a great tune, actually some great music which i havn't heard in a very long time! After hearing just one song I was succesfully convinced.Then came the greatest day of my life, as you may have guessed yes i did buy the album.Wahoo!Long story i know, but the moral is it is definately a great album, & I reccomend it to anyone with great tastse in music.I would say mainly for indie lovers or anyone with an open mind go & buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Find' of the year, 26 May 2000
This review is from: White Pepper (Audio CD)
This must be the find of the year, for me at least, considering that I had not heard of Ween prior to an impulse purchase of this CD.
It's rich, melodic and at times ironic (I think!) and it inspires me to delve into the back collection.
A question - have Dean and Gene ever toured Europe, and if not do they have plans?
This album must be a strong contender for my album of the year.

White Pepper
White Pepper by Ween (Audio CD - 2000)