5.0 out of 5 stars Nakariakov plays with superb tone, flexibility, and phrasing, 20 Sep 2000
M. Fermer (Chesterfield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
This CD of transcriptions for trumpet, and flugel horn, displays a superb control of tone in the tradition of the ultimate brass band players, together with phrasing and flexibility associated with virtuoso performances on stringed, and woodwind, instruments. In several cases, as for example the Rhapsody in Blue, the technique is almost unbelievable. This CD is quite superb, and unmissable for those who love the orchestral brass tradition, or the brass band tradition, or both! Whoever made a flugel horn sound like this? Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Horn playing like you've never heard - wow !, 25 Dec 2006
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
I was driving home one evening earlier this year, listening to Classic FM when the Bruch Canzone, played by Sergei Nakariakov came on. I'd missed the DJ's intro, being engrossed in the aftermath of motorway madness, but was dumbstruck by what I was hearing. I pulled onto the driveway and just sat in the car listening until it'd finished - and wishing it wouldn't. I identified the artist and CD from the Radio Station play list and ordered a copy that night.

The Canzone for me is the jewel in the recording but the other tracks are terrific. Recording quality is great and with Askenazy at the helm you can be sure of excellent orchestral pairing and musicality.

The arrangements of what are usually orchestral classics for Flugel horn solo's is interesting and absorbing. The transcriptions are so good that you'd believe that the scores were Flugel horn originals. There's a rich mixture of material here and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Tone is suberb and virtuoso playing abounds, with perfect control.

I wouldn't be without this one now - it's different, yet familiar, a real classic recording.

Comfortably recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars my husband was thrilled with his present, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
I chose this because my husband loves trumpet and brass and classical and we saw Sergei playing live.I would reccomend to all lovers of music.He is the worlds best player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
I'd been contemplating getting this album after listening to Nakariakov on youtube, over and over and over and . . . anyway, you get the point. I knew it would be good, but I was shocked by just how good it is. Nakariakov proves why he is one of the highest rated brass musicians of our era, absolute sublime and technically excellent, well worth the money or in my case, getting as a gift :^)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
I bought this CD purely because of one track I heard on the radio many times and loved. However, every track is a testement to the simply incredible technique of the genius that is Mr Nakariakov. It is simply sublime and a 'must have' for any brass lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely no limit, 27 Sep 2013
C. Wood (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
Nakariakov is not known as the Paganini of the trumpet for nothing. The pieces in this recording played on a flugelhorn are stunning. The Andante Cantabile by Tchaikovsky and Max Bruch's Canzone alone make the CD worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sergei Nakariakov, 29 Aug 2013
Mrs. M. Glazebrook (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov (Audio CD)
If you like Bruch and the mellow sound of the flugel horn, you will like this.
A first rate CD which arrived on time and well wrapped.

No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov
No Limit - Sergei Nakariakov by Nakariakov (Audio CD - 2000)