‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent collection of country tunes, 12 Dec. 2000
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on a whim, given the cheap price. However, Elvis fans will not be disappointed with the quality of this CD. At first, I found the fade in/fade out of Elvis jamming to "10,000 years old" between each track frustrating, but it soon grows on you. This is the only reason I didn't give a 5 out of 5 rating
A good variety of country songs, from the soulful "Make the world go away" to the upbeat tunes such as "Snowbird". There is the popular "There goes my everything" and some cover versions of well known country hits, such as "Funny how time slips away", all of which have been recorded in the unique Elvis format.
The overall feeling of this CD is that of Elvis jamming, rather than polished studio recordings destined for the charts, but the quality of the digital overhaul, the power of his voice, together with a very competent backing group and eight bonus tracks make this CD a good introduction for Elvis fans seeking something a little different to the usual "greatest hits" compilations and 70s concerts.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of His Very Best Albums, 9 Mar. 2002
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
Released in 1971, "Elvis Country" is every bit as good as "From Elvis in Memphis" and "Back in Memphis."
It cracked the UK top 10(#6) and hit #12 in the states, spearheaded by the single "I Really Don't Want To Know/There Goes My Everything", which sold close to a million copies in America, yet failed to crack the top 20. "There Goes My Everything" hit #6 in the UK.
Many songs from the album could have been big hit-singles; instead RCA released "Rags To Riches" and "Life", neither song cracking the top thirty in the states (Rags To Riches hit #9 UK).
"Elvis Country" is a mix of country standards, classic and some country rock. Every track is excellent, from a rocking "Washed My Hands in Muddy Water" and wild "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On" to a gentle, yet bluesy "Funny How Time Slips Away."
Elvis is as much a country singer, as he is a blues-man, rocker and balladeer and intertwined by snippetes of "I'm 10,000 Years Old" each somg flows effortlessly from one to the next.
Added on are bonus tracks from the his other 1971 album "Love Letters", which only hit #33 in the states, not going gold although placing only 1 position lower than "Elvis Country" in Britain (#7).
Yet, alone the songs alone "Love Letters" are magnificent, "Got My Mojo Working" is outstanding, lightnight paced, whilst "Where Did They Go Lord" is gospel inspired, and "If I Were You" we are back to country music.
This is a fabulous re-release, great packaging, digitally re-mastered plus bonus tracks from "Love Letters", which probably wont be re-released in it's own right.
I highly recommend this CD, the music is tremendous, I must also add that the re-release of the 1974 "Promised Land" album is equally as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars its your baby, you rock it, 2 Jan. 2006
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
It is a great CD, but one small thing to note, there are 18 tracks not 19. For some reason they have listed track 8+9 as seperate songs. The full title for track 8 is is 'its your baby, you rock.' Then you go to track 9 'The Fool' and so on..
Its a small matter but as 'its your baby..' is a hiden gem on the record, worth noting I think!

5.0 out of 5 stars country boy, 16 April 2007
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
A country boy at heart he would spend alot of the seventies singing it. This album with one or two exceptions is superb. I washed my hands is down and dirty and its your baby top notch country.

Elvis a country singer you cry? yes indeed and a great one at that.

If you want them all without the i was born in between each track buy the seventies box set.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE KING OF COUNTRY, 8 Feb. 2002
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
ITS IRONIC THAT ELVIS ALMOST SINGLE HANDEDLY KILLED OFF COUNTRY MUSIC, YET HE WAS A GOOD A COUNTRY SINGER AS WAYLON, HANK, CASH OR ANYONE ELSE YOU CARE TO NAME.
ELVIS COUNTRY IS A GREAT ALBUM, ELVIS BEST OF THE 70S, AND ONE OF HIS BEST EVER.
IT WAS TOP 10 IN BRITAIN, #12 IN AMERICA WHERE THE SINGLE I REALLY DONT WANT TO KNOW/THERE GOES MY EVERYTHING WAS A HUGE HUGE SELLER.
THERE GOES MY EVERYTHING WAS TOP 10 IN BRITAIN, AND FAR ECLIPSES ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS. I REALLY DONT WANT TO KNOW IS GIVEN A BLUSY READING BY THE KING, WHO SHOULD HAVE RECORDED AN ALBUM OF BLUES.
THERE ARE SOME COUNTRY ROCKERS HERE TO, I WASHED MY HANDS IM MUDDY WATER IS EXCELLENT, FAST AND TOE TAPPING WITH GREAT LYRICS ABOUT A MAN ON THE RUN, THIS IS PERHAPS THE BEST TRACK ON THE ALBUM.
WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN GOIN ON IS OUTSTANDING, THIS UPDATE OF JERRY LEE'S CLASSIC PERHAPS IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL.
WILLIE NELSONS FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY IS EXCEPTIONAL, TREATED GENTLY, WHILST TOMORROW NEVER COMES IS BOMBASTIC, AMAZINGLY SUNG, WITH SUPERB DRUMMING FROM RONNIE TUTT.
THE REMASTERED EDITION ALSO FEATURES BONUS TRACKS, LOOOK OUT FOR THE GOSPEL TINGED WHERE DID THEY GO LORD, THIS IS TREMENDOUS, IF I WERE YOU IS EASY GOIN' COUNTRY WHILST I GOT MY MOJO WORKIN' IS SENSATIONAL, FAST AND HARD AS ELVIS DRIVES THE SONG AND THE MUSICIANS.
ELVIS COUNTRY IS A CLASSIC ALBUM, GARTH WISHES HE WAS THIS GOOD!

5.0 out of 5 stars elvis, 11 Feb. 2012
Rw Grocott "trebor" (uk stoke on trent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
this was a present for my wife could not have been more pleased with the all round satisfaction of service from every one one lady wife real happy cheers bob

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourite Elvis Cd's, 22 May 2015
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
One of my all time favourite Elvis Cd's, had the LP years ago and love it as much now as I did then. Adore how 10,000 years old links all the songs together

5.0 out of 5 stars IM 10,000 YEARS OLD, 6 Dec. 2013
THIS ALBUM WAS BRILLIANT
A MUST FOR AN ELVIS FAN WOULD RECOMMEND
I HAVE PLAYED IT LOADS AND LOVE IT EVERY TIME
BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars The King!, 9 Jan. 2013
Steve H (Northamptonshire) - See all my reviews
I've been an Elvis fan & a country bass guitarist for nearly 50 years and was NOT dissappointed with this album. What more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Presley, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: I'm 10,000 Years Old (Audio CD)
If you Love Elvis music then you will really love this cd with compiled tracks on one cd album!recommended album!;-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I'm 10,000 Years Old
I'm 10,000 Years Old by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2003)