Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£11.63+ £1.26 shipping

on 11 December 2000
After the success of At The Heart Of Winter, I wondered how they cold better it. Well, with the addition of Iscariah, Abbath and Horgh found time to be able to both write music for Damned. Demonaz' lyrics are not as good as they were on At The Heart.. but I think that they are still good.
The songs contain a death metal influence, and still retain the black metal that made the band. The songs Damned In Black, Triumph, My Dimension, are all excellent, and the riffs bring to mind Angel Corpse quite a lot, but still unmistakably Immortal. Abbath's playing seem to be great, and as ever Horgh is unstoppable. The song Triumph even contains some idea of Abbaths Influences with some Celtic Frost style singing and riffs.
Another fine release from Abbath and co. Can't wait for the next one on Nuclear Blast!!
on 29 December 2010
Well after my copy of Damned in Black was laid to rest a few years ago (definately one of my favourite Immortal albums) my girlfriend got me a new copy for yule, the album is as great as I remember and for the album I give it 5 stars. However I have a major gripe I am a collector and when I found out it was meant to be the special edition version in the clam box I was really excited unfortunately it was not... I recieved the regular jewel case version oh well still an insane gem in the sea of mediocre black metal!
on 14 March 2015
Another fine Album from one of Norway's original Black Metal outfits.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2011
This rating is for the product information here on Amazon, and not for the product itself (which is one of Immortal's greatest album - a must have).

The product depicted here is not the limited edition (neither the digipak nor the box edition), but the regular jewelcase edition. Amazon should correct this error as it may lead to people ordering it on a false assumption, as I did - I already had the regular edition and ordered this to add it to my collection - will be giving it as a gift now).