4.0 out of 5 stars Debut album for this 80's pop diva
This is a very dated but fun debut album from the latin pop sensation Martika. Lots of catchy hooks and synths.
Published on 29 Jan 2006 by Neil Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, but not great
For me this hasn't dated at all well, and really serves as a warm-up for the far superior "Martika's Kitchen" album. The songs (and production) are very reminicent of Madonna (True Blue era), in fact almost carbon copies in some cases, the version of "I Feel the Earth Move" is up there with Tiffany singing "I Think We're Alone Now"...not good for me I'm afraid.
Only...
Published on 11 Feb 2011 by edchristopher

4.0 out of 5 stars Debut album for this 80's pop diva, 29 Jan 2006
Neil Parker (Melbourne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martika (Audio CD)
At the time Martika was hyped as the new Madonna. Sadly things went on the slide after the huge success of this album and the several singles released from it. Her second album was a moderate success and then she disappeared. Never to be heard of again. Which is a surprise as she was a talented writer as well as a performer. What went wrong?
If you are into 80's pop and fancy a stroll down memory lane then buy this gem of an album. Best tracks are Toy Soldiers, More Than You Know, Cross My Heart and ofcourse I Feel The Earth Move and the rest of the album is great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Martika cd 1989, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Martika (Audio CD)
fantastic cd I loved every song... Brings back memories of the 1980s. one of the bst cd's ever made. BUY IT !

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS MASTERPIECE!, 31 May 2010
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Martika (Audio CD)
I'd really forgotten until I played this again recently after a long time what a really good album this was! It makes you want to get up and dance - a really catchy sound and style of music that was to suddenly come to an abrupt end at the end of the decade.

This features three hit singles - including the classic: 'Toy Soldiers' and also an up-tempo version of Carole King's: 'I Feel The Earth Move'. There's also a couple of songs on here that for some reason I can hear others singing that haven't done to my knowledge, which are; 'Water' (I can hear Madonna singing this) and 'It's Not What You're Doing' (Janet Jackson)

This was the end of the 80s when music was about to change forever - and not for the best...

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, but not great, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Martika (Audio CD)
Only really worth picking up for "Toy Soldiers" which still sounds great.

Martika
Martika by Martika (Audio CD - 1989)