5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but a little rushed
Published on 16 Sep 2003 by Weather Warden <3

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing
At first when i heard the discotastic 'Right now' i thought this alb would be jam packed with non stop pop. I was really annoyed to find seventy percent of it if ballad based. Although whole again is a classic it isnt all bad with the fantastic 'Turn me on' which in my opinion should have been the new single. 'You are' is an exellent pop tune but sticks to 'Eternal Flame'...
Published on 6 Nov 2001 by george.m@virginstudent.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but a little rushed, 16 Sep 2003
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
This is the rerelease of the "Right Now" album. The original was released in 2000. This version was released in 2001, with Jenny's vocals on some songs, but not all. They rushed to get this CD out, which is my review title says 'a little rushed'. Not that I don't love this CD, cuz I do. It's a mix of dance songs and slow ballads, all blending in together nicely. My rundown of the tracks:
1. Right Now
The debut single from the Kittens, released in 1999 with Kerry. It's still fun now, 4 years later. It has kind of naughty lyrics if you listen hard, but it'll still be a favourite with the kids. The chorus is really catchy, and the verses are great. 4.5/5
2. Follow Me
Why do so many say AK are ripping off Uncle Kracker? This songs sounds NOTHING like his song! It's brilliant (and Kracker's song, unfortunately, isn't)! I love the music, with it's steady beat and the cool chorus. Tash sounds really strong on this song. 5/5
3. Whole Again
The song that got the girls to where they are now. This is still a great song after all the overplaying it's received. I still love listening to it now. It's so simple, and short, and that's what makes it great. I love Kerry's talked vocals in the middle 8 (but Jenny does it great on the new version too). 5/5
4. Eternal Flame
I prefer the radio edit of this song, but it's still great! This version is better if you want to hear Tash's amazing vocals, she gets much more backings to do on this one. I love this Bangles cover, it's rad! 5/5
5. Tomorrow and Tonight
One of my favourites. I just love the way this song is arranged. The chorus is SO cool, I love the lyrics. The way the verses and lines are put together is amazing. The middle 8 with Jenny's vocals is cool too. 5/5
6. Get Real
This song is so weird! It has such odd lyrics (much like "Maybe I'm Right" from the 2nd CD), like "let your backbone slip, slip down to your hip" eh?!. But anyway, this is still cool, and catchy with great sound effects. 5/5
7. Turn Me On
This has to be my favourite. When I first got the CD, I hated this song. But it grew on me, and I now love it. It's just so catchy. This is glittery, swirly, and great to sing along to. I've seen this live, and I love the dance routine. Tash does great vocals on this song. TURN IT UP! 5,000,000/5
8. Hippy
Another odd song. This song doesn't mention the word 'Hippy' in the entire song AT ALL. But it's still cute, and short, with funny lyrics, and great music. 4.5/5
9. You Are
Everytime I hear this song, I think of the Kittens singing with Cliff Richard *shudder*, but that's not to say this song isn't great. Cuz it is. It has a good chorus and great verses. 4/5
10. Cradle
My second favourite - this is also my favourite ballad on the CD. How can you not love this song? They mention the word 'Cradle' in it twice, but newayz, this is so beautiful. Tash again, amazes you with her fantastic voice, and I always sing along to the chorus. 5/5
11. Bye Now
This is a mixed up kind of song, but it's still great. I love the chorus with it's different bits, and the strong middle 8 and and I love the ending. 5/5
12. Strangers
Another favourite. This is really short, only about 2 minutes. Liz's voice is suited perfect for this song (like her solo song on the 2nd CD), I love the Asian music, and the super strong middle 8. 5/5
13. See Ya
This was the second single from the girls, their best charting song when Kerry was in the group, reaching No.6. This has cute music, and again great lead vocals from Liz. 5/5
14. I Want Your Love
I love this song! It's a very fast techno pop kind of song, and you'll find yourself singing along on the first listen with the fast chorus. I also love the 'Boom's! 5/5
Favourite songs in order:
1. Turn Me On
2. Cradle
3. Strangers
4. I Want Your Love
5. Tomorrow & Tonight
(that was hard to list, cuz I love every track)
Overall, a great debut album that will please everyone - if you're a fan of ballads you'll like this, if you like fast dance pop you'll like this, if you like pop in general you'll love this! If you haven't already, buy this now!

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY song on this album is fantastic!, 23 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
Although i thought this album would be a bit young and partyish, it in fact proves to be a brilliant, mature pop album, with feisty dance tunes and some of my favourite ballads:
Right Now - 8/10 this is a really cool upbeat dance tune.
Follow Me - 8/10 this is a little bit slower but has a nice tune and some good lyrics.
Whole Again - 8/10 we all know this song, a pretty ballad to celebrate making the group whle again.
Eternal Flame - 10/10 this is a great cover version of the Bangle's single. It really shows thier fantasic voices.
Tomorrow and Tonight - 7.5/10 this is a slightly more upbeat song about girl's and boy's idea's of relationships.
Get Real - 8/10 I really like the chorus of this song - a good disco choon.
Turn Me On - 10/10 I love this song! It has a great 70's style song and a suductive tune, but can still be a dance song. Apparently it the USA 'turn me on' is considered a bit too rauncy and may be changed to 'you can do no wrong', i say it's perfect how it is!
Hippy - 9/10 this is a cool, kinky hip-hoppy song. This chrous has a really funky line in it too.
You Are - 8/10 This has a great melody to it, and is good for slow dancing.
Cradle 8.5/10 - this is a beuatiful ballad - one of this best on here. It is not that lovey-dovey as the title suggests.
Bye Now - 9/10 This is in my opinion the best ballad on here, with lovley lyrics and a gorgeous chorus.
Strangers - 7.5/10 The verses of this slow-song are quite good, but the chrous is much better. It has a distinct tune to it.
See Ya - 8/10 One of the songs that first got the Kittens noticed back then. It has a fast pace, great for discos and dancefloors anywhere.
I want your love - 9.5/10 This is another 'back then' song, a really fast rythmn and great tune, although it does tend to repeat itself a lot. (i won my dance competition to this song!).

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 OF THE BEST*******, 26 July 2004
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
THE 1ST ALBUM WITH JENNY ORIGINALLY RECORDED WITH KERRY IN THE UK, JAPAN, TAIWAN & THEN A TAIWANESE PROMO CD-ROM. THE ORIGINAL ALBUM DIDN'T GET A REALLY GOOD POSITION & WENT TO NO. 39 BUT THEN KERRY LEFT AND THEY RELEASED IT AGAIN IN 2001 WITH JENNY AND WENT STRAIGHT TO NO. 1. THE ALBUM INCLUDES THEIR SINGLES FROM 1999, 2000 & 2001. INCLUDES RIGHT NOW, FOLLOW ME, WHOLE AGAIN & MORE.
(CHARLIE FISHER Age 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant album!!!, 4 Sep 2001
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
I was a bit cautious of buying this album as I thought it would be a little too young for my liking (i'm 16) but it turned out to be brilliant! It is one of my fave CDs. It has some great new party songs such as Right Now, some lovley ballads like Whole Again and the brilliant cover version of Eternal Flame. It also has some funky tunes such as Hippy, Turn me on and Get Real. The CD also has two 'back then' tracks - I want your love and See Ya, which proves how they're songs have really matured (although all thier songs are great). I say buy it now - it's fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars A FRESH EDGE TO A POP ALBUM, 11 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
This is a re-released album, ... and they have gained a new member along the way too, jenny. They have re-recorded tracks such as Right Now, Follow Me and I Want Your Love... along with recorded new songs such as Tonight And Tomorrow and Eternal Flame.
This album is a pop album, it shows with songs like See Ya, Get Real and Right Now. There is also the odd disco sounding songs with I Want Your Love and Turn Me On. There are the ballads, Strangers, Cradle and Bye Now. And of course they have some RnB numbers such as Eternal Flame and Whole Again.
Overall this album has a variety of different sounds, varying from fun pop songs to cool RnB songs to beautiful ballads. The girls have chucked out the weak pure pop songs, altered some existing songs to make them more appealing and also recorded some more cool tracks. This album is for those who have likes atomic kittens previous hits. Whether you like their new stuff or their old stuff, there's something for you there!
1. Right now 2. Follow me 3. Whole again 4. Eternal flame 5. Tonight and tomorrow 6. Get real 7. Turn me on 8. Hippy 9. You are 10. Cradle 11. Bye now 12. Strangers 13. See ya 14. I want your love (album version

5.0 out of 5 stars This be good, 6 Nov 2003
K. Hansen "ulle_dk" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
First of all, you don't have to be a teen (I ain't), or a girl (I ain't that either), to be listening to this album. I don't know why such music would get the classification "girlish teen-pop". I guess the lyrics is aimed at females rather than males though (?).
Whenever I say: "I like Atomic Kitten", people look rather strangely towards me, like I've got green spots all over my face.
Anyway, this is a nice album for the entire family, as it doesn't contain satanic messages when played backwards, no mentioning of drugs or sex, etc.. So grandmum can be in on it as well.
Personally I prefer this album to "Feels So Good", but that double-pack with both CDs is great value.
"Right Now" is very rhythmic all the way through, with its climax in the very last track, which just bounces its way across the floor (boom!). Great vocal-arrangements (and three excellent vocalists), and nice tunes (thanks to Andy and Stu), with the occasional cover song, but the Kittens pull 'em off better than anyone else doing covers. This is without a doubt my favourite 'teen-pop' album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Catastic, 5 May 2003
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
My mum borrowed this from the library 3 years ago and it sounds good.Here's what I think of the songs:Right now:Very lively.10/10 C U:Very hateful.7/10 I Want Your Love:Another lively song.4/10 Strangers:Good for kidscape.9/10 Eternal Flame:This would be great if it didn't sound so similar to Underneath Your Clothes by Shakira!2/10 U R:Their 7th single.5/10 Turn Me On:As every one says this really good.10/10 Whole Again:They once played this at a school disco.7/10 Follow Me:This is good but I'm sure copying Uncle Kracker!4/10 Cr8al:A very slow song-purrfect for Valentines day.<3 9/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Get this right now!, 14 April 2003
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
I borrowed this from the library 9 months ago and is sounds good.Here's what I think of the songs: Right Now:A very lively song that will get you dancing around in no time.10/10 Whole Again:They once played this at a disco.7/10 Cr8al:A very slow song-purrfect for Valentines day.<3 4/10 I Want Your Love:Another lively song.9/10 Eternal Flame:This would be great if it didn't sound so similar to Underneath Your Clothes by Shakira!2/10 C u:Very hateful.5/10 Follow Me:This is good but i'm sure they're copying Uncle Kracker! U r:Their 7th single.

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE THAN YOU THINK, 5 Oct 2000
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
You may thing this is just a pure pop album, well think again! Atomic Kitten have bounced back after 3 pop songs with 'follow me' and it is more of an RnB influenced song. The song 'strangers' really shows off the girls voices, and other ballads such as 'cradle' really warm your heart. The songs are not pure pop they are more credible, 'whole again' is catchy yet not tacky. This album reveals more to those atmoic kitten girls than you may think. Well worth a buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal Grace, 25 Nov 2002
This review is from: Right Now (Audio CD)
A great range of music on this album, with a variety of songs with different tempos. Definitely one I would listen to now and again especially with the 2 number 1s "Whole Again" and Bangles chart-topper "Eternal Flame" which they made their own. A lot of effort has gone in to all the songs which certainly prove the identity of Atomic Kitten since Jenny Frost joined.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Right Now
Right Now by Atomic Kitten (Audio CD - 2000)