5.0 out of 5 stars Get Down With The Sickness!
Published on 23 April 2002 by jayisgod

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but this is not good music!
Published on 19 Jun 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Down With The Sickness!, 23 April 2002
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
This album IS AMAZING! Disturbed are possibly the best new band I've heard in a very long time, it crosses new bridges in rock music, leaving the bands such as Linkin Park and Nickelback in the gutter where they probably belong. The Sickness is a refreshingly good CD overall, each of the tracks displaying their own unique heavy guitar riffs, flowing drums and amazing vocals from David Draiman (how he does that stuff with his voice, I'll never know! But it does sound damn good!) particular songs that stand out are 'Down with the Sickness' 'Stupify' and 'Shout 2000' which really reflect the darkness of Draiman's impressive vocals. Best album of 2001 without a shadow of a doubt. Two words: BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its like a remedy..., 3 July 2002
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
The timing for me buying this album was perfect. Feeling low, alot of people were on the list for a real good ear bashing to let them know my thoughts about them. Then this album came along.
It was like a new lease of life. A dark, angry album, Disturbed come with something that makes u feel someone else feels the same way you do. David Draiman's vocals are simply out of this world. The whole album is mind blowing. And the lyrics to Down with the sickness? There, enough said.
Buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Damn Good!, 31 May 2002
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
OK so the first time I heard Disturbed I had borrowed a movie soundtrack off a friend and heard their track "A Welcome Burden".I had to hear the album and when I did I was not disappointed!They stand out from the crowd with David Draimans amazing voice!That guy has some issues and although "Down With The Sickness"is one of the best tracks I have to ask why he starts screaming obscenities at his mother?!Stand out tracks are "Fear","Stupify","Game" and "Down With Sickness".One I tend to skip is the kinda pointless "Shout 2000", but I am not a big fan of covers.That said "The Sickness" is undoubtedly one of the best albums I own.If you like them check out their soundtrack work on "Dracula2k" and "Valentine".

5.0 out of 5 stars Heres what I think..., 27 Nov 2001
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
Despite what some people may say, the Disturbed boys have put together a fantastic first album. From the opening track "Voices", through the brilliant "Stupify", and "Numb" the album shows that they have a lot of potential to be great. When I first heard this album, as a friend had bought it, I said to myself I had to buy this. So I did... and I can say I havent been disappointed since. The mix of themes and variation in the styles of each track on the album gives it great variation and means it keeps you interested throughout the album. I would recommend this album to anyone, as I really enjoyed it and hope for a second album!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but this is not good music!, 19 Jun 2001
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
Now I'm not really too big a fan of nu-metal, although some bands I can listen to. Take Slipknot for example - they may look stupid, but there is skill there, especially the drumming and singing. But skill is precisely what Disturbed do not have. The only original element in their music is the 'noises' that bloke makes, which really just sound silly. The first couple of songs are alright, but this album really is one of the most boring albums I have ever listened to (along with Gift by Taproot), and Disturbed are one of the least talented bands I have heard. I think I'll stick to Tool and Machine Head!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop reading this and buy the album!!!!, 11 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: SICKNESS (Audio CD)
Why are you still reading this when you should be buying this album. to put it simply, this is one of the best albums that i have ever heard and one of the great albums of 2000. Any self-respecting metal fan should already be familiar with diturbed, and if your not, what are you waiting for?....All of the songs on this album kick ass- not one duff track. also, its worth bying just to hear thier cover of shout.....inspired!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get down with the sickness..., 16 Feb 2001
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
Aw, I love Disturbed!! Every song on this record is fantastic, it is heavy yet melodic, aggressive and angst-ridden yet still something you can sing along to with tremendous glee, and jump about and dance and be happy....every time I hear it it puts a smile on my face...probably my favourite album of all time past and present. Er...buy it, and stuff...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get down with the sickness!!!, 12 Mar 2001
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
This offering is the first album from the Chicago four-piece, Disturbed. This album is a must for any fan of alternative music. The opener, Voices, is a prime example of why this band have risen to fame in such a short amount of time. The track was written in retrospect through the mind of a serial killer. I could go on about the all the songs, and why they are so damn good, but I'll leave that for you to discover.... Draiman's mind numbingly powerful vocals, along with Donegan's pulsating guitar riffs, make each track on the album ones to truly realise that a part of your life was missing; that a certain part of your soul had never been touched in such a way and that this band is what you had been waiting for to save you from the narrow minded views of society today. If you want something refreshing, uplifting, mind blowing and different - then this is definately the band (and album for you).
GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best metal albums i have heard, 18 Mar 2001
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
I can't really say more than the last review, other than buy it. It is an amazing cd, and easily one of the best Nu-Metal albums I have heard. It's better than Hybrid Theory,which seems to be the nu-metal album of the moment. Go buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars BY IT ......NOW!!!!!!!!!!! IT ROCKS, 17 Dec 2000
This review is from: Sickness (Audio CD)
THIS CD ROX.IT HAS BE THE CD OF YEAR.If you're a disturbed fan then you should get it.When you first hear the cd and the techno tune comes on you probaly think that the cd's going to be crud but isn't believe me.This cd is so good because the way disturbed change there music between techno and metal rock.You may find this uncomftable but after that you get used to it.Virtually every song on the cd is my favourite except numb because its a bit slow for me but it is good.My personel favourites have to be VOICES,THE GAME AND FEAR.Fear is probaly my best cos I the way it begins in a kind matrix music then into rock.Most of the songs on the cd are exactly like that and its great.BUY TI!!!!!!!!!!,

Sickness
Sickness by Disturbed (Audio CD - 2000)