4.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!
I'm writing this review nearly two years after I bought this but what the world needs right now is this album!.
Rockier than their superb follow up "Vapen and Ammunition", Hagnesta Hill is an epic,sprawling vision of wintry Swedish rock.
Published on 14 Oct 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars I understand little of it, but I prefer it in Swedish.
Published on 24 July 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 14 Oct 2002
This review is from: Hagnesta Hill (Audio CD)
Highlights are everywhere, there are no poor tracks and the themes of lonileness and despair are balanced by some more upbeat numbers.
Jocke Berg has a distinctive but strong voice with echoes of Thom Yorke or David Bowie, whilst the band supply muscular back-up with some great production.
Standout tracks are the euro-disco/alt-rock classic "Music Non Stop" the eerie,sparky "Heavenly Junkies" and the beautiful harmony,drenched winterscape "Rollercoaster".
This is the sound of a band of the cusp of greatness(check out new album Vapen and Ammunition for proof) and an engaging,rewarding listen for the coming winter months.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb recording whole cd hangs togther brilliantly, 5 Oct 2000
This review is from: Hagnesta Hill (Audio CD)
Stumbled on by accident I am absolutely bowled over by this great band. Great songs excellent recording and some lovely detailed playing. Needs to be played loud (ish) and with the furniture moved to one side because after a couple of tracks you will not be able to sit down. Truly epic in places and capable of reducing me to tears. One of the finds of this year. A definite buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars I understand little of it, but I prefer it in Swedish., 24 July 2000
This review is from: Hagnesta Hill (Audio CD)
OK, my Swedish is poor. I mean SERIOUSLY poor. Consequently I have very little idea what they are actually singing about when the boys do it in Swedish, but somehow I prefer it. I can't really explain why. It just sounds right, whereas the English version sounds like a bad cover. So, the short summary, in English I have to give it two stars. The Swedish version gets four from me. Get that one instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 21 July 2000
This review is from: Hagnesta Hill (Audio CD)
I am not good in writing reviews of cds, but it is for sure that Kent's album is really FANTASTIC, especially the tracks 'The King is Dead' 'Revolt III' 'Music Non Stop' 'Heavenly Junkies' 'Stay With Me' and 'Rollercoaster'.
Definitely this album will be one of the best for this year.
Great job guys, keep it up !

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastisk!, 4 Oct 2001
This review is from: Hagnesta Hill (Audio CD)
The greatest of contemporary bands to emerge from Sweden...this album contains some sublime moments. From the depressive delights of 'Heavenly junkies' and a return to their Isola styled 'Music non stop', this is a Kent at their almost finest.
The group does not speak English too well (which is odd for a Swedish outfit), so my recommendation would be to hunt down a Swedish version...you might not be able to understand the lyrics, but the feelings are portrayed across to the audience on a much finer scale.
If you like what you hear, then an essential purchase has to be Kent's second album, Isola. Quite possibly the coolest record I own, the track '747' will have you begging for more...

3.0 out of 5 stars nearly but not quite, 5 Aug 2002
This review is from: Hagnesta Hill (Audio CD)
This is the sound of a band trying to find themselves and their musical identity. It is also the sound of a band that is capable of massive sales if they get it right. Hagnesta Hill is far too long at over 60 minutes and contains too many attempts at different styles to keep your attention. It's as if they're not sure whether to be a pop group or a rock band. The vocals are a bit whiney but in'Just like Money' and 'Quiet Heart' there are two solid gold hits in any language and show what a class act they could become. Worth investigating.

Hagnesta Hill
Hagnesta Hill by ケント (Audio CD - 2000)