Colour: Cerise|Change

on 17 May 2007
Keep all those favourite cooking utensils to hand in this robust STONEWARE Utensil Jar, from Le Creuset.

COLOUR : VOLCANIC.

Approximate size, (based on my own):

* 8.75 cm diameter at the base, gently tapering out at the top to 12 cm

LE CREUSET embossed on one side, and on the base.

Also available in a LARGE size, which stands c 15.25 cm high with an external base diameter of around 14 cm, widening out at the top to 17.25 cm.
on 4 January 2011
Perfect container for all those spare kitchen items by leading name. This would look good in any kitchen and is of the quality one expects from Le Creuset. The height is just right as you can easily see what you are looking for.
on 16 December 2011
Le Creuset has long set the standard for quality cookware, so I was really excited when I saw that this utensil jar was not out of my price range. I also liked the colour- for me, the classic 'volcanic' range is a little gaudy, but the graduated turquoise colour seemed perfect. I chose supersaver delivery and clicked BUY as soon as I could!
As expected from Amazon, it was very quick to arrive. But I was presented with a box much larger than expected.. puzzled (and excited) I opened it up, and found that within the large box there was a lot of paper packaging and a smaller box in which was the jar.
What is difficult to gauge from the picture here is the true size of it, it is a BIG JAR. Big enough to fit around 10 utensils in, and the stoneware is thick and shiny. It looks extremely durable and unlikely to overbalance no matter what you decide to put in it, so if you were worrying whether it can stand the test of time- don't worry, it will.
The description tells you it will even withstand oven/freezer temperatures (although why you'd cook/freeze anything in a utensil jar is beyond me) so it seems pretty indestructible.
I hope that this jar will last me a lifetime (i'm nineteen), the combination of simple design, beautiful colour and quality manufacture means that I can't think of a better jar to buy.
Hope I was helpful!
on 21 December 2009
I needed a cream jar that would look good on the work top to hold the basic utensils to keep them close to hand. This fits the bill perfectly. I have in it now: 2 wooden spoons, spatula, masher, draining spoon, serving spoon, fish slice, pasta spoon, veg peeler...so plenty of room!
The jar is just the right weight to allow it to cope with the host of utensils that it can hold without toppling over, it therefore scores very highly for that alone. I keep the teal version on the worktop and one in cerise is put to use under the sink to hold all of my washing up brushes and the other bits and pieces that can otherwise easily be lost in a cupboard. Both come up well when washed up by hand or in the dishwasher. They are produced in sufficient varieties of colour that there should be one to match your kitchen scheme.
on 19 November 2013
Keep all those favourite cooking utensils to hand in this sturdy and robust HOLDER, from Le Creuset.

◄ Apologies. Amazon has amalgamated products and this review now appears as a duplicate. ►

COLOUR : MARSEILLE BLUE
MATERIAL : STONEWARE

* 8.75 cm diameter at the base, gently tapering out at the top to 12 cm

LE CREUSET embossed.
on 19 May 2010
Keep all those favourite cooking utensils close to hand in this sturdy STONEWARE Utensil Jar, from Le Creuset.

COLOUR : CASSIS - subtle shading of PURPLE, generally darker at the bottom.

Approximate size (based on my own):

* Stands 14.5 cm high - 8.75 cm diameter at the base, gently tapering out at the top to 12.25 cm.

LE CREUSET embossed.
on 20 July 2007
Keep all those favourite cooking utensils to hand in this sturdy 'SMALL' Utensil Jar, from Le Creuset.

MATERIAL : STONEWARE
COLOUR : ALMOND (aka DUNE)
The colour can vary a little on this depending on the year/place of manufacture, varying from an off-white to a cream as per the images on the item.

* 8.75 cm diameter at the base gently tapering out at the top to 12 cm

LE CREUSET embossed on one side.
Comes complete with STONEWARE use & care leaflet.

Also available in LARGE size, which stands around 15.25 cm high with a base diameter of 14 cm, gently flaring out to 17.25 cm at the top.
on 14 November 2011
...that looks marvelous in my kitchen.
Wide (12cm diameter) opening means lots of utensils fit nicely.
It is expensive but then it is Le Creuset.
I also have the cream one which complements it well.
Usual amazon excellent service wise with an expensive product.
on 9 April 2013
As you would expect from le creuset an excellent quality utensil holder. Looks great on my black worktop against black, grey and white wall tiles. Only thing is, now I have to get new utensils! A nice matt black colour.