5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!
This is the only film that I have rented out more than three times! I think that it is that good. The film is great for people who are into cars and chase scenes. Daniel in his BTCC 406, and the Germans in there Merc 500E's. Great to watch.(Plus you get to hear a throaty V8 roar!) Unfortunatly it is only avalible in french. Please, only buy/rent the subtitled one. I was...
Published on 5 Nov 2000 by alan.williams3@btinternet.com

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay
did not play full screen, played movie on centred of screen. its watchable but full screen is better as we all know.
I played it on my Blu-ray player and not on a dvd player.
Published 1 month ago by Mohammed87

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper car movie, 17 July 2009
C. Sabbuda "C55" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taxi [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
It is French made, but they do know how to make movies, jokes are hilarious...absolute fun! so are taxi 2,3&4

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 30 Jan 2004
J. Stewart "HughGBallsack" (Bo'Ness, West Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taxi [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
Having seen and bought the second one, i thought sequels are never as good as the original. So i bought this used. However, due to the snow the past couple of days made it a slow delivery, but the CD is like brand new.
If you like scenes with fast car chases then this is the film for you. Its in French by the way, but that doesn't make it any less better. Yes you have to read the subtitles (If you're like me and don't speak a word of it), but that just shows that Foreign countries can get stunts on camera with the quality of Fast and the Furious. If you like cars and chases then get this. That's all im going to say.....

3.0 out of 5 stars Brain in neutral....., 8 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Taxi [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
I really wanted to love this film - Luc Besson and it had all the signs of being an action packed, 'where did the last hour and half go?' type of flick and yet fell short.But having said that I wasnt bored - I just felt it wasnt quite 'high octane' enough for me (and I should add I have no points on my licence either!). The car chase thing has been done before so theres a lot to live up to here. But, entertaining stuff though and perfect for a few beers with the volume up (top soundtrack). Also, dont expect deep characterisation and a complex plot - its not that sort of film - and theres nowt wrong with that. Great fun but no Bullit or French Connection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 20 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Taxi [1999] [DVD] (DVD)
I can't believe how much praise this movie is getting. It's really dull. Not afwul, but boring. Very little tension, very little action (strangely enough). I'm a big Luc Besson fan and I know he only wrote this, but it was very disappointing.

ARRAY(0xa30c40cc)

Taxi [1999] [DVD]
Taxi [1999] [DVD] by Gérard Pirès (DVD - 2002)