5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Invaders. This is the real story.
Usually with a remake you either loose some of the original zing or regardless of how good it is just not the same (nostalgia factor). Well this time you are in for a treat. The original was improved on and it is a positive exaggeration of the TV program. I am not sure that a talking suit really adds to the movie. However it does not distract.

All the original...
Published on 28 Nov 2002 by bernie

3.0 out of 5 stars My not so Favourite Martian
Maybe time has inflenced my opinion but I it's not a patch on the original but my grandchildren liked it.
Published 11 months ago by Mags

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Invaders. This is the real story., 28 Nov 2002
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

All the original characters are in the movie and some added characters to round it off. I appreciated the method used buy Coleye (Wallace Shawn) to test for alien residue. By the way if his first name was Ernest, he could be "E. Coleye." Jeff Daniels made a believable Tim O'Hara. And it was a nice touch to put the late Ray Walston (the original Martian) in this picture as the investigator.

This film is a laugh a minute and so realistic. They must have hired Dave Barry for their science advisor. Sharon 'Mae' West the real script supervisor also was script supervisor for "Twin Peaks" (1990) If you do not see this movie to the very end you will miss the whole point.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty penny, 28 Sep 2013
This really was a pretty penny. At 1p and mint condition. Very surprised. No scratches on the disc or cracks in the case. Great :D

3.0 out of 5 stars My not so Favourite Martian, 20 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good family film., 21 Jun 2012
Mr. Kenneth W. Jones (south wales u.k.) - See all my reviews
so glad i found this film on amazon, had seen it on tv years ago, and it is so funny, all the family enjoy watching it, would recommend if you have not seen it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney DVD, 18 April 2012
Ms. L. Morton (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
My son absolutely loves this dvd, he had it on video and its one of the films he wanted to keep so got it on dvd and it works and there are no problems with this item, I am really pleased as he is a happy chappy which makes me a happy mummy!! Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney did it again, 23 Feb 2010
A Kid's Review
Typing for my son, he had this on video and loved it so much I decided to buy him it on dvd, and he still loves it! Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Anybody who saw and remembers the 1960series will love this!, 23 April 2000
By A Customer
As a kid I remeber the series. It always made us laugh. Now, with some modern film special effectes technology it has all come to life. Even my kids today laughed at the film. My Wife was amazed at my belly laughs. Better if you saw the series, but great if you didn't. Get it!

ARRAY(0x959b3ce4)

My Favorite Martian [DVD] [1999]
My Favorite Martian [DVD] [1999] by Donald Petrie (DVD)
Used & New from: 202.85