5.0 out of 5 stars ****Absolutely Brilliant - Must Watch****
I searched for ages for this video, remembering it as a child. Particularly Brer Rabbit and his old pal Brer Bear. The songs and story were just as I remembered if not better.

Zippy De Doo Dah!!!!! Finally found it and paid well over the price for it but it was well worth it. The animation and live action are put together so well it is almost believable...
Published on 12 Feb 2007 by G. Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars not a dvd
Unfortunately thought it was a dvd not vhs my mistake
service was very good though
unable to watch it at the moment
Published 17 months ago by Beryl Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars ****Absolutely Brilliant - Must Watch****, 12 Feb 2007
G. Allan "Lyn" (Cupar, Fife) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Song of the South [VHS] [1946] (Videotape)

Couldn't believe it when given another copy just a few weeks ago as a present!!!!

A film I will always recommend as a definate must see. For all children and adults. A wonderful, colourful spectacle filled with fascinating creatures as it states on the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will keep you humming and laughing for days after., 20 Dec 2000
W. Kevin Hazzard (Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Song of the South [VHS] [1946] (Videotape)
I saw this film when I was just a little boy in the theatre. It was filled with so much of that wonderful Disney imagery and music that is notably absent from modern films, esp. from Disney. We yanks can't buy this film because it doesn't send out the correct racial and political messages. I'm so glad to be able to buy it in PAL format and have it converted so my kids can enjoy this beautifully written, performed and produced work. After watching it, you will dance and hum and sing for days on end. And you'll find the colorful Southern American themes such as Brer Rabbit's "Don't throw me in that there briar patch!" useful in everyday life. A truly joyful film experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shame on the deniers at Disney!, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Song of the South [VHS] [1946] (Videotape)
This is one of the most heart warming of Disney's animations and for the company to even refuse to list it in their output is a matter that should shame them greatly. Such a pity a remastered DVD/Blu Ray has not been produced. Great songs, great cartoons/cartoon characters. It was made in 1946 for goodness sake, anyone claiming racism has lost their marbles IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHERE IS IT...???, 30 July 2010
It's brilliant - every bit as good as Pinnocchio or Jungle Book. And I KNOW it is...! - so why doesn't Amazon UK stock it...???

5.0 out of 5 stars victim of pc..., 9 Sep 2007
Dirk De Bruyne "Dirk" (Schoten, Belgique Belgique) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Song of the South [VHS] [1946] (Videotape)
There is NO dvd release of this film, and the reason is obvious : the little children are not to be exposed to the now politically incorrect sesitivity of "song of the south".....WHAT RUBBISH !...if films like "gone with the wind", ANY film from the 1930's with a black character and even, for heavens sake, "birth of a nation" are widely available on dvd then i cannot for the life of me understand why a simple and harmless tale like this should be withheld from distribution. Sure there are points of contention and discussion that should be adressed concerning the attitude towards the black characters in this film, rightly so some people are offended by it, but how can that be done if the work itself is not available for viewing ?

5.0 out of 5 stars film, 27 Jan 2014
Spr Marshall (uk) - See all my reviews
this is an old film but it is so good i love it so does my grand daughter who watghed it with me

5.0 out of 5 stars Zippidy do da my oh my what a wonderful day!, 9 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Song of the South [VHS] [1946] (Videotape)
What a splendid tale for children and adults. This is a story of a young boy who has grown up most of his life in the city however his family are having some troubles and they have to go out west to live with relatives. This is where the story begins and where the little boy meets the best story teller of all time 'uncle Remus'!! There are songs along with interludes of cartoon when the story is being told of brare rabbit. I love this tale, it is a classic. Curl up with this on a wintery afternoon and you'll never get those catchy tunes outta your head!ENJOY! Zippidy doo da.....

5.0 out of 5 stars A definate hit!, 15 May 2014
I read through all the reviews prior to buying.
When you have a film in your head that you loved as a child and search to buy it you really do not want to be disappointed!
Happy to say I wasn't, this brought back all those memories and I fell in love with it all over again!
I had raved about this film to my kids and when we went to Florida Disney they wanted to know more about "that rabbit"
With this film they fell in love with it too!!
The quality was fine ok not super clear as we are now used to but to be honest it really didn't matter!

4.0 out of 5 stars Song of the south, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Song of the South [VHS] [1946] (Videotape)
A film I remember from my childhood. Oh the innocence of youth. The only regret is that it is not produced in DVD format yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 1 Mar 2014
Looked for this DVD for a long time, remembered as a child. I love the film. Arrived when stated well packed. Would have been better if not a copy for the quality no so good. That's why 4 stars.

Song of the South [VHS] [1946]
Song of the South [VHS] [1946] by Harve Foster (Videotape - 2000)
14.43