5.0 out of 5 stars The Best
This has been my favourite film since it came out. When i was younger i remember watching it so many times i could recite the whole thing on cue. Its still the only film that can make me sob and now i even know what to expect but still cant control it.

Published on 1 Jun 2006 by Ms. L. K. Muschamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie
Set in 1972 in Madison, Pennsylvana this is a cute coming-of-age tear jerker that I could probably watch over and over! As usual Macauley Culkin gives a good performance as 11 year old Thomas J. This film introduces Anna Chulumsky who is very convincing in the role of 11 year old Vada who is go through a very painfull experience for a child of that age. However the...
Published on 17 Aug 2001 by hananh_4884@hotmail.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 1 Jun 2006
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] [1992] (DVD)

I watched it again a few weeks ago and now im older it takes on a whole different meaning. Before i liked it cos it had kids my own age and i cried because her friend died. It ws only when i got older i realised what else she was going through and it made me cry for different reasons.

I love this film and no film will ever come close to it. I am surprised the giril who played Vada didnt go on to be a big actress beacause in this she makes the film.

Whether your young or old, male or female this film is for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully sad, 8 May 2011
A. RHODES - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
Although I was born in 1992 a year after the film was made, I only watched it for the first time recently. I think that this was probably a good thing as it allowed me to understand it better. The story follows Vada Sultenfuss an 11 year old tomboy. She lives in a funeral parlour which makes death a big part of her life. Her view and feelings on this difficult subject changes as the film goes on and as we see her grow up over the summer of 1972. I will not give away anymore of the story but I challenge it to even move the hardest of hearts. It had me blubbering, but I always become emotionally involved in films. I would definately reccomend it to anyone but maybe not small children as they may find it distressing.
The acting is suberb from favourites Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Akroyd and Macaulay Culkin. By far the strongst performance is from new young actress Anna Chlumsky as Vada. A five star film.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this movie, 14 Sep 2014
I loved this movie.

i originally wanted to watch this due to Culkin, as I'm a big fan, but Chlumsky pleasantly surprised me!

It's a beautiful story and I really recommend it. There isn't really much to say, but just so you know, don't watch number two if you know what's good for you. It spoils the first one because it really does not live up.

Veta grows up in a funeral home with her father after her mother passed away during childbirth. She's smart beyond her years and is a worrier. She doesn't have time to be a kid between her visits to the doctor due to hypochondria and witnessing her Grandmother's demise (She has dementia), as well as new corpses being wheeled into the basement for funeral prep, but her best friend Thomas Jay shows what it's like to be a kid.

i don't want to spoil the rest for you, but I love this film:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sob story, 15 Jun 2009
Gemma. (Bristol, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing film, worth watching, but is guaranteed to make you sob. The sequel is not as good, but this is definately worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
it made me cry but thats not your fault i blame his glasses

5.0 out of 5 stars oh boy, 8 May 2014
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
a lovable film as a hypercodriac girl loses her best friend and is heartbroken as while he is alive she tries to show her feminine side ,funy and sad to watch ,well recommended for all the family

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film, 6 May 2014
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
Very good film didnt realise it was sad, not sure it was suitable for my 9 year old daughter as there were references to the birds and the bees

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this film as a kid, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
As a child I loved this film, made me cry everyone I watched it. Also made me very scared of beehive and bee's lol although I am no longer a kid I can still own this movie and still remember a childhood movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY Girl DVD, 28 Feb 2014
Le Dinning - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
My granddaughter who is 9 years old really enjoyed this DVD.
So much so I also bought her My Girl 2.
I didn't see it myself so I can't comment on the plot, but she was very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: My Girl [DVD] (DVD)
Super good film love it but I am a girl lol, tissues used cause it made me cry a lot x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

My Girl [VHS] [1992]
My Girl [VHS] [1992] by Howard Zieff (VHS Tape)
Used & New from: 0.01