5.0 out of 5 stars STILL ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS EVER
It is not often that I feel compelled to write on a website but I have to say that this is Oasis at thier most amazing, ear shattering, melodic best. After this album things went seriously downhill and if Liam and Noel cannot even remeber recording this due to thier drug induced haze at the time my advice would be to go back to the drugs. For me the standout track isn;t...
Published on 12 Dec 2006 by Mr. C. J. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome classic album terrible remaster!
Of course this album is a Britpop classic par excellence all swagger attitude and tunes the soundtrack of a generation. Disc 2 and 3 are great collating all the b sides and rarities. But the remastering is awful. Everything has had the life compressed out of it another brickwall travesty. Noel's backing vocals and all the acoustic guitar tracks are just compressed into...
Published 1 month ago by Bad Monkey Mick

‹ Previous | 118 19 2025 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars [whats the story] morning glory, 22 Feb 2005
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
OASIS, no band in the world are better! and there is no beter way to experiance there pure briliance than to listen to [whats the story] morning glory. at the pinicle of career, noel gallagher [lead guitar, vocals, mellotron, piano, producer and writer] writes each song as a monster hit. liam gallagher [vocals] sings every song with his unique voice using so much aggresion it makes your heart pace. Look out for wonderwall, don't look back in anger, champagne supernova and she's electric all five star songs. hello, roll with it, cast no shadow, some might say, hey now and morning glory are all four and a half star songs. Highly recomended!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best album ever, 25 July 2001
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
I have bought this album 3 times because the first was taken by my sister and a friend of mine ran away with the second but I just allowed them because I can understand how much the like it. All the tracks are worthy of being top singles and Wonder Wall is a special Oasis song which should have probably be the title of the Album. Don't look back in anger is the best song sang by Neol, and Champagne supernova is just super. Its the only Album that I have liked all the tracks and I taught they would never produce an album better than their debute (Definitely Maybe) , but Oasis will never produce an Album better than Morning Glory.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Album, 24 Oct 2004
Graeme S. Hay "Media Junkie" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
One word can sum up this album:
Sensational!!!
Possibly the greatest album of all time! When I first heard this album when it was released I was hooked. Every song on the album is immense, even just the album ones. With huge hits like "Wonderwall" and "Don't Look Back In Anger" this has confirmed Oasis to be, without a doubt, the greatest band of the 90's.
From my point of view it walks all over the first album "Definitely Mabye" and TRAMPLES everything ever since.
Believe me: if I was rival to Oasis and I heard this, I WOULD GIVE UP!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Nov 2014
A brilliant CD by a brilliant band!

5.0 out of 5 stars class, 28 Nov 2005
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
Great cd. buy it, you'll like it

3.0 out of 5 stars What's The Story? I really couldn't tell you...., 18 Jun 2002
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
Please, please, please children, let's calm down, shall we? After all, there's not much point in getting so overworked about an album that needs you to cringe when you actually listen to it. Now, are we sitting down? I'm gonna be a little controversial (well, to you I am; there are tons more reviews by other people that aren't gushing at the eyeballs that should be printed), and say, well, this isn't a very good album at all.
Firstly, I would like to say how much I enjoyed Definetely Maybe, and that I actually like a couple of songs on here; specifically Cast No Shadow and Morning Glory. Yeah, they're great. But what else? Wonderwall is an atrocity! Lyrically, it's preposterously numb, it's also the musical equivalent to stale porridge. Roll With It: don't even get me started on that Status Quo homage/travesty. Don't look back In Anger is possibly the most trite and pedestrian of Oasis' number 1's, possibly excepting The Hindu Times (ughhhhhhhh!!!). I won't drill a hole through every song on the album, because it tires me to even write about them.
The Most Overrated Manchester Band In The World...Ever!!! FACT. Gallagher Snr. once said in an interview; "The Smiths have done their bit for music, the Stone Roses have done their bit for music, the Happy Mondays have done their bit for music, and Oasis have done their bit for music." I wholeheartedly agree with Noel's observations for the first three bands, but the last one? Who is he kidding? They've released one good album in the last ten years, and proceeded to get more and more prosaic with each release...
And that debut, by the way, was shot out of the park by, in the same year, Portishead's 'Dummy', Blur's 'Parklife', Prodigy's 'Music For The Jilted Generation' and , more so than others, Jeff Buckley's 'Grace'.
I know I'll probably get at least 20 negative votes from peeved off Oasis fans with nothing else to do, but , Hey! that's what Amazon's for, sharing views and opinions.
Over & Out.

5.0 out of 5 stars follow up to fame, 31 July 2005
C. L. Griffiths "serve the servants" (West Yorkshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
follow up album to there debut definitaly maybe this album shows what britain is made of.heart felt songs such as wonderwall and dont look back in anger plus amazing rocky lead breaks make this album an excellent edition to anyones music collection with the exception of the front cover cos its just two blokes walking down a street but play this album at a house party and the neighbours wont complain theyll join in,a real taste of things to come for the nineties. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult second album?............ NO!, 14 July 2007
A. M. Salmon "Andy - Flash*" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (Audio CD)
How do you top 'definitly maybe'..... simple...with whats the story morning glory!! This proved that oasis were no 'one massive album band' but were a fantastic sounding, prolific band on top of their game, with Noel Gallagher probably the most talented song writer since John Lennon!! Wonderwall, shampagne supernova, - genius!! 'Hey now & some might say, - vocal excellence from Liam!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, I gave in!, 13 Oct 2013
Machinehead (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Actually I was never an Oasis fan but one track that I couldn't help but like was Champagne Super Nova. So having finally to admit that Oasis made a positive contribution to music I accepted I needed to have at least one of their CD's in my collection. Champagne Super Nova reminds me of a wonderful relationship I had at the time it was released so Whats The Story Morning Glory was my choice. And it's actually quite good!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Top Album!!!, 17 Feb 2005
By A Customer
I would recommend this album to anyone who likes the sound of guitars. The lyrics are the some of the best to date. The winning song of the album has to be Champagne Supernova with THE best guitar solo ever created.

‹ Previous | 118 19 2025 | Next ›

(What's the Story) Morning Glory?
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis (Audio CD - 2001)