Format: DVD|Change

on 8 February 2016
I bought this dvd to replace the video my children had. A childhood dream broken Emilio Estevez's character doesn't find his way in life, which leads to a bout of community service helping a failing children's ice hockey team. This too almost leads to disaster, but with the children's determination and a touch of romance, their dreams look as though they could start to come true. A bit corny, but life is serious enough isn't it?!
on 15 March 2016
As a new fan of ice hockey, wanted to see this iconic film........good fun,....good mix of comedy and not to much sick bag....just right in fact. Nice cast list,....maybe the 1990s is now a bit dated....but the story is nice with a good message in this cynical world!!!!!!-even more so in nightmare 2016. Great advert for a great sport....great family watch.
on 19 August 2002
This is a typical sports movie: loser team who eventually make it to the top. However this plot is only partially essential to this movie which is just full of fun and stupidity mixed in with a bit of ice hockey and nostalgia!.Unlike other American sports movie it has also picked up on a sport that is played internationally not just in America. It's great for anyone especially if they're under 10 or a hockey fan,however be warned it'll make you want to go out and have a shot yourself!!!
on 28 March 2014
See this on the telly one Saturday afternoon, but got distracted. Was able to watch it again on a Sunday but again got distracted, so it was easier to order the film on dvd. Did not realise that their are 3 dvd's in the series so I thought it would be better to order the whole collection in the end... GLAD I DID !!!!!!
on 25 August 2004
A definate must for hockey fans. I saw this film back in the 90's, probably about 94, and I thought it was excellent! It's a film that will get you in the mood to give it a try. So, go on! I did, and I'm still playing 9 years on, and loving every minute of it!
on 11 January 2001
I saw this film in 1993, when i was 10 (17 now) and since then u guessed it i have started playing hockey. These films where so good that it has started a good hockey future. Great for kids and full of funny lines.
on 19 August 2001
These Films are some of the best childrens movies ever, and there soooooo good that even adults love them too. Its great to see all the present stars such as joshua jackson, as children, and there still as cute as ever. I recommend this film to anyone who wants a bit of light hearted entertainment, Cause its just great!
on 30 October 2000
Just breathtaking I don't understand hockey myself but this was a really eyeopener. A really must for your collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 14 April 2012
Fab movie. Great cast of young kids and Emilio Estevez. This bunch of misfits cant skate but love the game. They come from mixed backrounds but work together...eventually...to face up against they're rivals on the hockey rink.
Great movie for a family night in.
on 7 January 2011
A childhood favourite for both my brother and myself, so I bought the DVD for my younger cousins. It's really good classic family entertainment, with a bit of something for everyone. I'm not a big sports fan, but when I was about 8 years old I desperately wanted to be an ice hockey player because of this film. Around the same age I also developed a massive crush on Joshua Jackson, who plays the main child lead.
The story is that of the rubbish hockey team who get a new coach (he's sentenced to community service after speeding). Pridictable outcome, but a lot of fun along the way. The ice hockey games are brilliantly shot, and there's also a nice romance story between the coach and one of the team's mother. Very sweet.