5.0 out of 5 stars Calm is the right title
Published on 27 Jan 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others.......
I purchased this CD on the reviews already given, and also own a large number of the other Body & Soul cd's.

I am incredibly disappointed by this CD. The only song I listen to all the way though was Pastures New - beautiful.

Published on 24 Feb 2009 by R. Belson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm is the right title, 27 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD to see if would help me to relax. It is so good that when I play it I actually fall asleep. The tunes are so haunting, yet calming and you just find yourself floating. I bought the same CD for my daughter who gets really stressed out at Uni. This CD has even managed to de-stress her and she loves it too. I am actually buying another one so I can leave one at home, and take another one abroad. I would recommend this CD to anyone who just wants an hour of relaxation. Excellent value for money too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm, 4 Dec 2003
Amazon Customer (Redditch, Worcestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
Wow I absolutely LOVE this CD! It's so chilled and I fell asleep as I was so relaxed listening to it. Definitely recommend this, especially if you want to listen to it when you've gone to bed, it creates the right atmosphere for restful sleep. I bought this as a present, but I've decided to keep it instead....sorry H!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others......., 24 Feb 2009
R. Belson "Whiteoleander31" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)

The other songs on the CD start in such a beautiful way, then are totally ruined by uneccessary "vocals" (which are creepy! I wouldn't have bought it had I known.. other Tony White CDs in the Body & Soul collection are all instrumentals).

If the songs had been left as instrumentals, then this would easily be the best CD in the entire Body & Soul range.

I didn't find this CD at all relaxing or calming and the vocals were just to distracting and creepy for my liking. I have given it to my local charity shop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm by tony white, 14 Jun 2008
T. E. Coster (east london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
I love love love this Cd. It is gentle and calming and exactly right for massage use and other calming therapies. There various tunes some with lilting vocals and ethenic influences. One tune reminds me a bit of Omars there is nothing like this as the intro is similar bass line of guitar. All my cleints love it and I listen to it over and over with out getting bored. It is just the right hint of relaxation and tuneful melodies. I highly recommend it to all. It is a good unwind at end of the day cd too.It has great mix of asain and western influences and I will be looking out for more of this type of Cd as does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things, only good things., 7 Dec 2008
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
I feel calmer every time I put this CD on. Its gentle tones and pace really sink in and create a relaxing, calming mood.
I'm a qualified masseuse and I find this CD of great benefit in encouraging a deep relaxation in clients. I've really got nothing but good things to say about the CD. I recommend it fully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Relax Don't Do It!, 1 Aug 2009
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
I always try to be 'constructive' in any criticism that I may make about anyhting - be it a CD, a Play, Book etc.
But regretably I am unable to offer any 'positive or redeeming' comments about this particular CD, which is meant to contribute towards one's relaxation. This is 'Cheesey' at best....so much so that I don't wish to waste time - as I have money on this.

What I can recommend as far, far better alternatives, that should you want a CD of relaxation music, really do have some substance:

Buddhist Chants & Peace Music (Music for reflection and relaxation from the far east)
Howard Goodall's "Enchanted Voices"
Jonathan Goldman's "Ultimate Om"
Jon Anderson's "Angels's Embrace"
Coyote Oldman's "Landscape"
Coyote Oldman's "In Medicine River"
Nigel Shaw's "Dartmoor Journey"
Taith's "Now & Then"
Alan Stivell's "Renaissance Of The Celtic Harp"

With the exception of the first suggestion, none have been specifically for 'relaxation', but ALL do the job far bteer than this Cheesey offering.

Peace Out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing and great value too!, 29 Dec 2008
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
This was £2.98 very well spent indeed. I usually listen to this in the bath and within a short time can drift away and relax. As someone prone to stress this is not something I usually find easy.

My personal favourite is track 2 which is relaxing and comforting at the same time, but it's all excellent!

1.0 out of 5 stars annoying, 7 Aug 2010
J. Bray -. Hemingway "mad one" (leeds england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
the first minute or so of each song is really relaxing, then a man starts humming and moaning which is really annoying and at that point the CD gets turned off. I would not recommend this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, relaxing and inspiring, 1 Nov 2008
Serghiou Const (Nicosia, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
This disc is simply beautiful. Two are its main characteristics:continuity and change. Continuity relates to individual tracks which display a pronounced element of recursion that is repetition with slight variation of the same theme which promotes a feeling of soothing, calm and relaxation. Recursion is something employed successfully in distinctly different areas:in music famously employed by J.S.Bach to excellent effect in his baroque compositions, in graphics by Escher and in Mathematics by Goedel while it forms the basis of fractal Geometry. The change is provided by the eight tracks each exploring a different theme or to use the more sophisticated word of the liner note a different 'soundscape'. This combination of continuity and change along with the beauty of the melody in each track are what provide this disc its unique fascination. The quality and clarity of the sound are excellent while the price of the disc inexpensive. The rare and attractive combination of these characteristics is seemingly too good to be true but it is true. I could not recommend this disc more wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and relaxing, 12 Jan 2008
This review is from: Body and Soul - Calm (Audio CD)
I brought this to listen to while meditating. The music is lovely and relaxing it is also nice to listen to while doing the housework. It is a great CD.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Body and Soul - Calm
Body and Soul - Calm by Tony White (Audio CD - 2000)