Format: Audio CDChange

on 19 September 2000
This is one of the best Salsa complilations you can buy. Best record for Salsa is "La Receta" and best for Merengue is "El Tiburon" which always gets me out of my seat to dance. This is real up-to-date Latin music with a regular beat. Excellent, if you're teaching or learning Salsa dance and are bored with old classics or newer commercial records. So if you're not a Salsa music expert and want good music to practice your Latin moves to, you won't take any risks with this CD.
0Comment61 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2002
This is a wonderful, upbeat CD for you to practice those moves to and deserves to be in every salsa dancer's collection. There is a good mix of merengue and salsa tracks at different tempos to suit everyone from beginners to advanced dancers and even if you just want to lie back in the summer sun and lef the Cuban vibes wash over you this is perfect background music .
For me the highlight of the CD is the wonderful Procura (Knicknamed "Happy Clappy Song' by my salsa teacher). This is a fantastic feel good song that is everything that salsa should be.
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2002
Although I really enjoyed the music,I did find a lot of the tracks very fast to keep up with being a complete beginner.You either have to go ultra slow or extremely fast.I found there were only a few tracks that went at the right speed to comfortably practice as a novice.Will keep it for when I'm an expert!If anyone out ther knows of a CD with a more suitable for beginners,please let me know.
11 comment50 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2001
This CD is great value for money, whilst providing a variety of syles within the music. The tunes can be a little heavy however, myself prefering something a little "happier"! Overall, a must purchase for practicing those moves.
on 9 June 2000
Hi all amigos,, I listened to this CD and I really recommend it to all salsa teachers/advanced and beginners. It is really fundamental for learning the step in a gently and smooth way. It also penetrated the rythm of salsa in your blood to find your self dancing alone !
VINE VOICEon 10 January 2010
This cd does exactly what it says on the tin, it is perfect to practise your newly found moves to and has a good mix of music.
on 15 May 2011
I like the cd because it is something that I can play again again without getting bored because and it is good for practicing your salsa steps to, either while your chilling or just before you go out to get you in the mood. I would recommend this to a friend.
on 21 July 2010
Some catchy tunes but no well-known salsa songs, and a lot of the music could be faster. Suitable to dance to for salsa beginners, but more experienced salsa dancers would prefer something with a bit more 'oomph'.
on 15 November 2013
I would highly recommend this album if you like Salsa. All the tunes are good, there is no fluff. There are several tunes that I have heard before and the rest are new to me but welcome.
on 6 September 2010
did not set me on fire found it more down beat than up beat, more suitable for sedate dancing, did not find it very rthymic, but would be ok to listen to on the car radio