5.0 out of 5 stars A nice debut Album from the prince of Dance Hall
Published on 24 Jun. 2007 by Jenny J.J.I.

1.0 out of 5 stars it sucks
This is dancehall rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. I love 'Dutty Rock' by Sean Paul, it's probably my favourite all-time CD, and 'Trinity' as well' but this one, there's nothing on it that I like. I know dancehall takes some getting into, but I can't see myself getting to like any of this.
Published on 30 Nov. 2007 by Mr. R. J. Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice debut Album from the prince of Dance Hall, 24 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Stage 1 (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic when "Stage One" first came out I was simply addicted to it plus the artist himself. I must agree with some of the reviewers that say that there are too many skits on this 21-track album. Still, there are some enjoyable tunes here, namely the hit single, "Infiltrate," which burned up dancehalls with its pumping beat, and "Hot Gal Today," a duet with ultra-hot DJ Mr. Vegas, which displays an interesting blend of Sean Paul's hard voice with Vegas' smoother vocals. "Faded," a take on Shania Twain's "Looks Like We Made It," also illustrates clever treatment.

I had this album on repeat for a long time. Some of the beats you might had already heard but with Sean Paul's voice over it, it makes a whole new sound. I can't pick out a favorite track in this album because I love it so much but if I had to it would be "Infiltrate," "Deport Them," "Haffi Get De Gal Ya," "She Want it," "Mek It Go So Den," "Check it Deeply," and "Next Generation."

While this album is not one of the best Dancehall Reggae has to offer, Sean Paul's debut album makes for a good intro to those who are seriously looking for a true Dancehall Reggae album. Anyone who likes dancehall and are unsure about whether or not to get this album, believe me this would be a nice start. Nothing but back to back non-stop dancehall music and most importantly it's all Sean Paul.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many skits, 18 July 2012
Becky P - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Stage 1 (Audio CD)
I love Sean Paul so he can do no wrong, and my only gripe, and the reason for only giving this four rather than five stars, is that there are far too many skits on it. I know that was big in the day, but it does detract from the continuity of listening to the otherwise great tunes - and the tunes really are good, Sean's voice does things to me! Still glad I bought it though, and if you are patient enough to sit through the skits without hitting skip, then track 10 might amuse you...be warned, there are some expletives on this CD so adults only.

5.0 out of 5 stars music cd, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Stage 1 (Audio CD)
this is the cd which launched his successful career and this was well produced and was well very good value for a debut album,and would recommend this album, to any of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014

Mr. R. J. Paul (Devonshire UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sean Paul is the don dappa, 22 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Stage 1 (Audio CD)
I think this ablum presents the jamican music & their culture to the fullest.Sean Paul is the next largest thing to come out of kingston jamica.

Stage 1
Stage 1 by Sean Paul (Audio CD - 2000)