5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect HD transfer
A timeless classic. God knows how many times I've seen this movie but just watched it on Bluray and wow, it's lost none of it's magic.
What I love about it is that it's a completely original take on the Peter Pan legend and that's what makes it unique. It was also one of my favourite childhood movies so I got a lot of love for it.
Everyone is cast perfectly, but...
Published on 11 Oct 2011 by Mr. Martin T. Hanley

3.0 out of 5 stars To live would be an awfully big adventure.....
Peter Pan has grown up to be a cut-throat merger and acquisitions lawyer, and is married to Wendy's granddaughter.

Captain Hook kidnaps his children, so Peter returns to Never Land with Tinkerbell.

With the help of her and the Lost Boys, he must remember how to be young again in order to save his children by battling with Captain Hook once...
Published 5 months ago by Mr. Corey S. Newcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect HD transfer, 11 Oct 2011
Everyone is cast perfectly, but Dustin Hoffman as Hook and Bob Hoskins as Mr Smee really stand out.
The musical score by John Williams is magical.
Awesome family movie which will get plenty more views in the future when I myself have kids.

Concerning the Bluray it self, great quality. Considering it's a 20 year old movie they've done a good job. Obviously it's not at the same standard as a Transformers Bluray but if your upgrading from DVD there is a huge improvement in picture and audio.

The only downside is the lack of special features, there is not a single one, not even a trailer.

But at the end of the day the movie is a classic and that's the important bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray impressions, 8 Oct 2011
Just got the film after preordering at a fantastic low price, which made me wonder how the picture quality was going to be especially for a 20 year old film.... I was blown away by what I saw, it was like watching the film for the first time, clear and sharp almost 3d in some scenes. If only all transfers of older movies to blu-ray could be this good. If you are thinking of upgrading from the DVD do not hesitate it is worth it many times over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Film, 15 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Hook [VHS] [1992] (VHS Tape)
I'm writing this review fourteen years after it was made because I need a new copy as it's been watched too many times!
This film is no doubt my favourite. I've been watching it since I was two, and it's the one I would miss most if it was taken away from me.It's one of those films that suits everyone, and the acting and music is quality. Truely magical, and great a story line. The sets and special effects are fantastic. The only thing I would criticize it for was the fact that they didn't have the Indians in the film. And Dustin Hoffman, as much as he's an absolutely perfect Hook, he needs to work on his English accent!!
In general though this film is a true classic that everyone should have the pleaure of watching. It doesn't take anything away from J.M Barrie, it just extends his great ideas onto a new and modern level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Picture, 6 Oct 2011
First off, I wish amazon wouldn't colate reviews for films. DVD and blu ray reviews should be kept seperate.
Now, with that out the way, to the blu ray.
I have to say at first I was worried that this would be a hash job with how cheap the blu ray was to begin with. But boy was I wrong. To say the film is 20 years old this year, the picture has new life breathed into it.
Hook is one of my fave films of all time so naturally I have seen it countless times. With this new blu ray release I am picking out details that I had never noticed before and its fantastic. The picture is clear and sharp, the colours more vibrant. This is how the film should look, to do neverland justice and it makes me very happy that a good job has been done. Im sure the tech heads will find something to pick apart at, but for the general viewing public this will be a treat. Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of,if not the best movie of all time!, 13 Oct 2004
This review is from: Hook [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
Forget your Citezen Kane,your Godfather and your Shawshank Redemption,Hook is where it is at.This Seriously underrated film has all you could need.It has a great story line, a magnicfent cast,Amazing effects and Brilliant music from my main man,John Williams.
I usually find Robin Williams really annoying but in this film he is at his careers best,and Dame Maggie Smith and Bob Hoskins are as good as always.Dustin Hoffman needs no introduction.He is fantastic.This is one of the already flawless Steven spielberg's Greatest film and should be shown more respect for this.The only bad part in the film is when it becomes too americanized but apart from this it is oscar-worthy.If you havent seen it then you are missing out big time,and if you have already seen it,watch it again for old times sake.

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to my youth, 26 Oct 2011
I remember this film as a 12 year old, watching it numerous times as I babysat my younger sisters, and now, as a parent, will be watching it numerous times as my kids LOVE all stuff Peter Pan.

A lovely film, full of innocence, guest appearances and above all, a great performance from Dustin Hoffmann.

The Blu Ray picture quality is there too, and I recommend this film as a real rainy day film with the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantstic, 3 Dec 2011
A fantastic movie, and it now looks incredible on blu ray release. I would recomend to everyone. Buy this NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hook, Hook Where's The Hook?, 19 Mar 2006
Caleb Williams (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hook [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
Robin Williams, Bob Hoskins, Julia Roberts & Dustin Hoffman make up the best starting line up for a movie ever. The story is based around Peter Panning (Williams) Name sound familiar? well it is Peter Pan only 40 years old. Peter left Neverland and forgot who he was and eventually began to age and forgot about his childhood. Work becomes Peter's first priority over his marriage and his family which isn't a good thing. Determined to make Peter remember who he is Tinkerbell (Roberts) comes to collect Peter and remind him of who he truly is.
Once in neverland we are first introduced to the scary and imposing figure that is Captain James Hook (Hoffman) and his trusty sidekick Smee (Hoskins). As the story progresses of Peter being brough back to neverland we see the painful task of reminding Peter who he is so he can go into one final battle with Captain Hook. Apart from Hook, Peter has one adversary to overcome first and that's Rufio (Dante Basco) the new leader of the Lost Boys since Peter's absence.
Because of Peter's neglegance of his children his son Jack is easily persuaded to join Captain Hook along with his little sister and this is a true low blow for Peter.
I have already said too much but all's i'm going to say is you'll love this film as much as i did. Very heartwarming, funny and just a plain nice film that is for the entire family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Family Film for all generations, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hook [DVD] (DVD)
Hook, not a film which initially comes to mind when talking about BAFTA's and EMMY's, however, in my opinion, more than deserving of both those accolades. A stellar cast with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman (Fantastic villany!) help boost this fim into all viewers long term memory. A solid plot based on the novel Peter Pan, alongside brilliant acting, an AMAZING song that becomes etched into the memorys of all who watch it, coupled with amazing acting, make HOOK a must see film for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great film has got even better, 11 Jan 2012
J. White (London, England) - See all my reviews
i have loved this film since seeing it at the cinema as a young boy but on Blu-Ray it has gotten even better. I cant believe how good this film looks considering how old it is, the picture is sharp & the colours really pop & the brilliant sound quality allowed me to hear details that i didnt even know where there, there are much newer films that dont have as good of a transfer as this. I already had this film on dvd but decided to buy it on Blu because of all the great reviews i saw about the picture & sound & i must say i was not dissapointed.

Hook [DVD] [1992]
Hook [DVD] [1992] by Steven Spielberg (DVD - 2000)
4.25