Format: DVD|Change

on 14 April 2001
I really enjoyed this film and have watched it several times. The plot is beautiful and heart renderingly sad. I urge you to watch it. Though I do admit its a bit of a girls film!
on 18 January 2013
I actually really enjoyed this film. The acting is alright and the story is poignant and told well. This is an under-rated film which I think is worth watching.
on 5 June 2014
Delivery good and great movie
The story is real and it is true
to life. I am happy to have it
on 6 November 2003
A beautiful story that should touch every woman's heart. How could anyone not feel the pain when Ernie was bound by his pride and let the only woman he had and would ever love walk away?
on 27 August 2013
Great to see that these 80s film really dont age! Sandra Bullock is her usual lovely self and Mr O'Donnell just gorgeous! Still couldn't help but blub at the end!!
on 11 October 2013
I really enjoyed watching this DVD, I have wanted to watch it for a long time and couldn't wait to find some time to sit and enjoy it
on 30 March 2014
Really lovely heart warming romantic movie with two of my favourite actors in it! Recommended if you like these sort of movies!
on 26 June 2013
Very poignant story which is a real tear jerker (especially it being a true one). Makes you wonder how he could let his own true love just walk away, because of his pride.... devastating end. Just waiting for him to turn and say: 'come back, come back'....
on 24 January 2016
Brilliant! A true love story, very moving. Beautifully played by Sandra Bullock and Chris O`Donnell. Well worth watching!
on 6 June 2008
This film is directed by Sir Richard Attenborough a director/actor whom I have the utmost respect for, I love films like Gandhi and Shadowlands, but sadly for me this did not even remotely touch either of these films.

The main problems for me is a lack of heart in most of the film, plus the lead actors were simply not convincing enough, I do like Sandra Bullock alot, but until now I've only ever seen her in light hearted/comedy roles, after this showing it's not hard to see why, Chris O'Donnell gives yet another acting class (on how not to act), how this guy has ever appeared in as many films is beyond me this can only be down to his looks, either that or he's got an amazing agent.

The film is okay and would recommend that you hire before potentially buying, it's just about worth watching once, that's all I intend to do.