4.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Modern Pop Singer
A fantastic selection of Whitney Houston's best songs of all time is finally compiled on this double album, featuring a whopping 38 songs.
Published on 11 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD
Love this cd it warms my heat makes me feel relax just love the music this is one of Whitney best CDs
Published 9 months ago by brandy

4.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Modern Pop Singer, 11 July 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
The album is divided into two; cool down, the first CD, features slower, gentler sounding songs, while the second CD, throw down, has more upbeat and loud songs like her unforgettable 1987 hit 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody.' There are old favourites, such as 'The Greatest Love of All,' but Whitney also includes some new tracks, most notably her recent single, 'If I Told You That' with George Michael, a honky tonk, lush song with rich piano and a prime example of Houston's immeasurably powerful voice.
Also included is a duet with Enrique Iglesias, a smooth, classy sounding song. Some of the songs do overdo it somewhat, with Whitney bawling out lyrics to overquiet musical backing, especially on the cool down side.
Whitney Houston has been and still is one of the most well known, successful, and excellent musicians. All of her classic hits are on this album. Consider that when - and it should be 'when,' not 'if' - you buy it, you aren't just buying a great album of music - you're buying a part of modern musical history.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER!, 18 April 2003
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Whitney's greatest hit's is the best album I have ever heard. She's my favourite singer and has an incredible voice. It has two disks, the first disk is all the ballads and the second disk is the dancy tracks. My favourite song is "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" which I constantly listen to. "The Greatest Love of All" is an amazing ballad sure to make you cry if you give it a good listen. Whitney's biggest hit "I Will Alway's Love You" from the movie "The Bodyguard", really shows how incredible Whitney's voice. Once you listen to this you'll alway's love Whitney, so what are you waiting for, buy the album for crying out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars *******FANTASTIC*******, 16 Nov 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
There is no other way I could have described this amazing album! I have grew up listening to Diana Ross and Whitney Houston being blasted around our house since I have been very young so I know all her songs and when my mum decided to buy her album I thought that I would like it. I didn't though. I ADORED it!! It has all the great songs on it such as I have Nothing, Didn't we almost have it all and one of her most famous songs from the Bodyguard soundtrack, One Moment in Time. The two CD's have names; Cool down, with all the ballads and Throw Down with all the up-beat songs on it. As I am only 14 years old my friends wonder how I like Whitney so much but who couldn't enjoy music from the most talented woman with the most amazing voice in the world?!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fab, 28 July 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you like remixes get the US released Greatest Hits as the CD2 is full of them. If you want the originals stay with the UK release. What can you say about this album as just simply GREAT. It is great for BBQ, makes an ideal gift for Xmas and just simply cool for whenever. To me having the song One Moment in Time in the album made it so meaningful as it brought back memories of 1988 Olympics - just like walking down memory lane.
All I can say that to those who have not purchase this Greatest Hits by Whitney Houston, you would have not known what you have been missing out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits, 10 July 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Even if you never thought yourself a Whitney fan this album will still have you dancing to the old favourites and singing along to both the old and new ballads. You seem to forget just how many good tunes Mrs Bobbie Brown actually came out with in our time going back to the ealier 80s numbers right up to her remix of 'If I told U that' with Goerge Micheal. The new songs too compliment the old and include immediate favourites such as 'Same Script, Different Cast'. Go on you know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars At her best, lasting memories of Whitney before the drugs, 17 Feb 2012
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
With the sad death of Whitney I wanted an album of her hits to remember her by. I am pleased to say that this one contains tracks recorded before her relationship with Brown and subsequent use of crack cocaine which damaged her voice.

These recordings are as fresh as the day they were recorded. She has a truly beautiful voice with power but also with precision and control. We can only imagine the great hights she would have reached if she had never met Brown and got involved with the hardcore drugs.

There are a couple of greatest hits albums around, the only track missing from this that I wanted was her version of the Star Spangled Banner from the Superbowl. I just added this as a separate MP3 track.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest albums of all time, 13 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
What artist could me more deserving of a greatest hits album? This album is brilliant, the only reason not to buy it would be if you already have her other five albums or if you don't like her. Well I like it and I bought it. I think that its smashing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatests hits or what!, 22 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Whitney has done herself proud with this album, the first cd comprises of the slow love songs, the ones that you can sing at the top of your voice, the 2nd cd is the dancer songs, ideal for the summer BBQ'S. The album covers a variety of songs from over the years. From 'one moment in time' to 'if i told you that'. I am completely satisfied with this cd.. Well done Whitney!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 8 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I used to be an old fan of Whitney in the late eighties and when my husband said he would like the Greatest Hits album, I must admit I moaned and said we had all of the tracks that were on it! However, after listening to it, I must say I was very impressed. The disco tracks of I'm Your Baby and I Will Always Love You are real foot-tapping! And as for the ballads - they bring back some very happy memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Brilliant

The Greatest Hits
The Greatest Hits by Whitney Houston (Audio CD - 2004)