5.0 out of 5 stars A ballad to suit every event in my life
I love this album, I play this on a loop and never tire of the play list. Toni's rich tones and meaniful lyrics keeps me entertained for hours. I particularly love 'just for a ring' and 'still breathing'.
Published 13 months ago by Sweet Pepper

3.0 out of 5 stars Her usual self...
A good album overall but nothing drastically new. Some songs are very similar to many tracks in Secrets. "Spanish Guitar" sounds very much like "Un-break My heart".. but it's still quite beautiful. I'm sure all fans of Toni Braxton will like this album even though it won't bring any surprises.
Published on 4 Mar 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A ballad to suit every event in my life, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Heat (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars contrary to popular belief, a great album, 21 Oct 2001
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
i have just read all the reviews of this album and i had to write to give a good argument. this album is excellent and contains a mixture of styles. my personal favourites are fairytale, spanish guitar, and i'm still breathing. i don't think she could've made her comeback any better and her voice is as usual on top form. i suggest to other reviewers to actually listen to what is there, rather than listen to what they thought would be there but isn't. well done toni!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Her usual self..., 4 Mar 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better!, 30 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
I have mixed comments about this album..The songs are great and I listen to them over and over..definitely a good come back in that sense. Spanish Guitar is especially soothing in my opinion..My mum has not returned this album to me..However, I think the quality of her voice is not of satisfactory level. She sounds huskier and often I cannot understand what she is singing.. Still, this, to me is offset by the nice songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of the year!, 5 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
What a return! This album is amazing! I love all the tracks! My favourites include "The Heat", "Maybe" and "Speaking in tounges" This CD did not come out of my player for a very long time!

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit flat - all the songs merge into one!, 1 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
Like most I was motivated to buy this album after hearing Toni Braxton's hit single 'he wasn't man enough',I had never taken notice of Toni Braxton b4 this, howver this album didn't deliver the same quality! The only other track I liked, & would not be ashamed 2 admit 2liking was the 'heat', this is the only other track with an original,upbeat summery sound, but I agree is ruined by the by the misguided 'any 1 want some ice-cream'? Spanish guitar was quite soothing 2 begin with, but soon becomes overtly 'gringy'with the spanish additions and the female backing singers repeatedly singing 'i'll be your song'!. The rest of the album is just so love sick and uninspired, that the rest of the songs remain unremarkable. 'he wasn't man enough' seems 2 be a one off!An album pitched at an older audience!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype!, 11 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on the strength of all the glowing reports I'd heard. Big mistake. Although I loved "He wasn't man enough" I was sorely disappointed by every other song. By the closing bars I must I was quite getting into "The Heat", but was brought out in a cold flush by the immortal words "Does anyone want some ice-cream?" WHAT! I don't think so, Toni. This is the sort of CD you put on if you can't sleep. All the songs sound the same and all are rather dull, if somewhat soothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the best thing I packed in my suitcase!, 1 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
This was the best thing I packed in my suitcase to go on holiday this year! There is a really good mix of upbeat and slow relaxing numbers on this album to make it a real joy to listen to. I can't stop playing 'Spanish Guitar' - along with the guitar playing and toni's singing its one of the best love songs I have heard in a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a comeback!, 23 July 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
When an artist disappears for a while it is always nice to see what they return with. This does not disappoint. An amazing selection of songs with a summerery, Spanish feel. From "He wasn't man enough" to "Fairy Tale"...I loved them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly captivating!, 21 July 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
After waiting years for her new album, this was well waiting for! "He wasn't man enough" is funky and catchy, "Spanish guitar" is smooth and "The Heat" captures the sound of the summer. Well worth a good listen!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Heat
The Heat by Toni Braxton (Audio CD - 2003)