4.0 out of 5 stars She's back, better than ever.
Published on 26 Jun 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit flat - all the songs merge into one!
Published on 1 Sep 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars She's back, better than ever., 26 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
After a long wait, I'm glad to announce that Toni Braxton is back. Now some people have slated this album saying it's "too smoochy for it's own good". My answer to them and all the lovers out there is, their is no such thing !. From track one to twelve you can listen to this album and lose yourself in the slow classic R'n'B vibe Toni has mastered. My personal favourite's on the disc are the funky " He was'nt man enough", the slow sensual title track "The Heat" and the smooth "Art of love". Plus their are some more up beat offerings such as "Maybe". All in all folks this is a must buy, it will deffinatly enhance the overall balance of your collection. And to all you guys out there, if you want a romantic evening in with the other half and you've got some groveling to do then this is the cut for you, you'll have her eating out of your hand. Nuff Props to miss Braxton, 48 minutes of pure class.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit flat - all the songs merge into one!, 1 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
Like most I was motivated to buy this album after hearing Toni Braxton's hit single 'he wasn't man enough',I had never taken notice of Toni Braxton b4 this, howver this album didn't deliver the same quality! The only other track I liked, & would not be ashamed 2 admit 2liking was the 'heat', this is the only other track with an original,upbeat summery sound, but I agree is ruined by the by the misguided 'any 1 want some ice-cream'? Spanish guitar was quite soothing 2 begin with, but soon becomes overtly 'gringy'with the spanish additions and the female backing singers repeatedly singing 'i'll be your song'!. The rest of the album is just so love sick and uninspired, that the rest of the songs remain unremarkable. 'he wasn't man enough' seems 2 be a one off!An album pitched at an older audience!

4.0 out of 5 stars A classy return for one of the best female solo artists, 17 May 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
This album will definitely satisfy fans of Toni Braxton...people who claim there are too many mediocre ballads must simply not appreciate this type of music. It gets off to a great start with the hit 'He Wasn't Man Enough' and continues with the unusual and very effective title track, 'The Heat'. 'Spanish Guitar' is an impressive classic ballad and the other stand-out tracks are 'Fairy Tale' and 'Never Just For A Ring'...'The Art of Love', a kind of saucy interlude set to music, is perhaps a mistake but it is the only blip....all in all, a great album that, as long as you like this type of RnB/high-quality pop, you should love.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype!, 11 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on the strength of all the glowing reports I'd heard. Big mistake. Although I loved "He wasn't man enough" I was sorely disappointed by every other song. By the closing bars I must I was quite getting into "The Heat", but was brought out in a cold flush by the immortal words "Does anyone want some ice-cream?" WHAT! I don't think so, Toni. This is the sort of CD you put on if you can't sleep. All the songs sound the same and all are rather dull, if somewhat soothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars contrary to popular belief, a great album, 21 Oct 2001
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
i have just read all the reviews of this album and i had to write to give a good argument. this album is excellent and contains a mixture of styles. my personal favourites are fairytale, spanish guitar, and i'm still breathing. i don't think she could've made her comeback any better and her voice is as usual on top form. i suggest to other reviewers to actually listen to what is there, rather than listen to what they thought would be there but isn't. well done toni!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better!, 30 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
I have mixed comments about this album..The songs are great and I listen to them over and over..definitely a good come back in that sense. Spanish Guitar is especially soothing in my opinion..My mum has not returned this album to me..However, I think the quality of her voice is not of satisfactory level. She sounds huskier and often I cannot understand what she is singing.. Still, this, to me is offset by the nice songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the best thing I packed in my suitcase!, 1 Aug 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
This was the best thing I packed in my suitcase to go on holiday this year! There is a really good mix of upbeat and slow relaxing numbers on this album to make it a real joy to listen to. I can't stop playing 'Spanish Guitar' - along with the guitar playing and toni's singing its one of the best love songs I have heard in a long time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Switch off the phone, light the candles, pour the champagne, 29 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
and relax with this brilliant album. He wasn't man enough is the new anthem in the clubs/homes for all the girls out there - so guys watch out! Spanish Guitar is just beautiful, no question, you almost want to be one. A great all round album that will not disappoint the lovers and the fighters out there. Do yourself a favour - buyit!

3.0 out of 5 stars Her usual self..., 4 Mar 2001
This review is from: The Heat (Audio CD)
A good album overall but nothing drastically new. Some songs are very similar to many tracks in Secrets. "Spanish Guitar" sounds very much like "Un-break My heart".. but it's still quite beautiful. I'm sure all fans of Toni Braxton will like this album even though it won't bring any surprises.

5.0 out of 5 stars A ballad to suit every event in my life, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Heat (MP3 Download)
I love this album, I play this on a loop and never tire of the play list. Toni's rich tones and meaniful lyrics keeps me entertained for hours. I particularly love 'just for a ring' and 'still breathing'.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Heat
The Heat by Toni Braxton (Audio CD - 2003)