5.0 out of 5 stars A truly great tale for the younger Disney fan, 13 Mar 2002
timhardcastle@totalise.co.uk (Hertfordshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jungle Cubs (1996) (Disney) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is an excellent follow up to the Classic "Jungle Book". The original Characters are very cleverly re invented as their young counterparts. Imagine all those favourite animals, but as young cubs. Even the voices are endearing, perhaps more so than the original. For the younger Disney fans, from 18months, it is a video on the "Wish list". For "older" Disney fans, it is an equally endearing film.
The magnetism for younger children is without doubt, this film's ability to appeal to them. It "oodles" with "Aaaah's", has voices that young children can relate to and a story that they can understand and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 sided oppinion, 16 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Jungle Cubs [DVD] (DVD)
The stories told on this dvd are really cute. The animation to my standards was alright. However seeing all my favorite characters as cubs made me think of what stunning possibilities this could have as a pre-quel if Disney were to give it a shot. However I live in the USA and Jungle Cubs was only on the Disney Channel and you got it if you paid for it. I never got it so this was a real special treat for me.
King Louie and Sher Kahn were my personal favorites. However everyone is sure to be enchanted to see this is they have never seen or heard of it. Also has anyone heard of anyother episodes being released to dvd.
The down side of this dvd was its bonus features or there for lacking of.
But material alone, yeah this dvd rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars NEED TO GET MORE STARS, 7 May 2006
C. B. Dillon "zakima2" (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jungle Cubs (1996) (Disney) [VHS] (VHS Tape)
First of all I give this a title a 5star rating for a few merefacts. First of all the animation is horrible as of todays standard, however back in the day this animation rocked. So out of respect I give it a 1star for animation. The voice talent was wonderful I give it a solid 2stars. The backgrounds for the characters was great I give it 1star as well which brings me to my final star, Story. The story itself should have recieved more stars however this is only on a 5star gig. So, so whoever thought, wow what were the jungle book animals like when they were kids, and Mowgli wasn't around. Well now we get to see it. I place this movie between my Jungle Book 1 and 2.

To me this seems more like a midquel. The show is based on Balloo taking Mowgli back to the Man village, Bagerah nagging the whole way there and the trio running into characters such as Kaa the snake , Hathie the elephant, and SherKahn the tigger.

the narrator of the story is King Loui the ape. I recommend this movie to people of all ages who love animation. This is a small piece of history you can own for a very low price. I have a 4 year old son who absolutly loves this dvd. However if you are in the USA like me, you need to have a MULTI-REGION PLAY. Your regular dvd player will not cut it for a dvd that is not our region, which is region 1. Disney is holding out on us with many dvds. I have found that having a multi region player had given me the freedom to view movies from other countries and see bonus features that we do not have here in the USA. Also some countries have movies that are unedited such as Melody Time from Disney. The USA digitally removed all of the cowboys smoking, because the USA feels its not nice for kids to see that. Anyway This movie is a must see. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kids DVD, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jungle Cubs [DVD] (DVD)
Great DVD for young children, I actually had this on video when I was a child and bought for my young son, nice short little movies within the DVD that are great for little attention spans, and as always Disney is fantastic quality entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars jungle cubs, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jungle Cubs [DVD] (DVD)
The dvd came on time excellent kids film a would reccomend it to any one who eants it for there kids

Jungle Cubs (1996) (Disney) [VHS]
Jungle Cubs (1996) (Disney) [VHS] by Jim Cummings (VHS Tape - 1999)
1.55