4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful.
Before I watched this film I was really skeptical, given the bad press it seems to get from most people, but after watching it I wondered what they were on about. It is a fantastic film.

Published on 1 Dec. 2007 by wCow

1.0 out of 5 stars A freak show
I loved the original Babe film. But this has got to be one of the worst sequels I've ever seen. Didn't enjoy it as a child and certainly not now. It is dark and has such a creepy alien-like tone. It's just a freak show. Not an ounce of charm. Stay well clear.
Published 17 days ago by L. Franklin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 1 Dec. 2007

The main problem people seem to have is how dark it is, yes it is a very dark film and quite twisted in places, but to me that is what made it great, it was a true progression from the sugary sweetness of the original yet retains the cuteness and charm that made the first magical.

I am not a kid so I will have overlooked how 'safe' it is for them to view, but despite some of the scenes I think it offers something deeper and lasting compared to your typical childrens fare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Carnivale masterpiece, 23 Feb. 2005
B. T. Jefferson (London, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Yes, Babe 2 is a dark film. Sinister, gothic, visually stunning and intertwined with a wickedly camp sense of humour; like Angela Carter without the rude words. Why on earth people think that children wouldn't like this film is beyond me: the darkness and motifs of the film are taken directly from the world of fairy tales. Despite some of the fiercer, more frightening elements of the film, innocense endures and sentiment prevails. A brilliant film, worthy of Tim Burton. Don't condescend children by thinking they can't handle a tale of a little pig lost in the big city who gets by with a little help from his friends. This is the stuff great kids movies are made from.

5.0 out of 5 stars One for all the family, 22 Aug. 2013
I bought this Blu-ray to replace my DVD copy, the change to Blu-ray makes it look like your watching a new film because you notice details that you hadn't seen before, so I can recommend this Blu-ray. Babe in the city is a film that expands on the first film Babe, and is even better for it with many more characters to enjoy. A film for all the family, and appeals to young & old alike, before long you will forget that the animals are talking, as you get drawn into the plot. A lovely film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore them all - it's brilliant, 1 Mar. 2009
Yes, this film is dark. Very dark. And it will scare your kids. So?
With allusions to so many films and stories of the past, (The Singing Ringing Tree in particular, in the scene involving a fish out of water and left to die - just take a look at the reviews for THAT one on Amazon!), this film is a joy for kids and adults alike, only they will view it in different ways. If little Johnny and Jessica are frightened of this, then let them watch the Tele-Tubbies until they're adults and in a home for those who daren't go out.
The choir of cats, the speed-freak Jack Russell with wheels instead of back legs, the Mafia Bull Terrier... and yes, a pig. You'll see nothing like this anywhere else, so why miss out because of a few wusses? Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first film, 26 July 2007
This film is really good. I don't understand why people say it isn't. I suppose you don't see much of babe rounding up sheep but it is still a nice heart-warming story. Don't listen to what people say about this film, it is really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babe, 26 Feb. 2014
I bought this dvd to replace an old vidio cassette, always a favourite! Im sure the grandchildren will enjoy watching it

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 30 Oct. 2013
my little girl loved this film, got it at a great value price and worth the money as my little girl enjoys the film

1.0 out of 5 stars A freak show, 20 Jun. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL IN REGION A, 3 May 2012
I'm glad I took a chance on this wonderful movie on Blu-ray.
I couldn't discover if it played in Region A unless I made the purchase and it plays and looks beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babe.. Pig in the city., 6 Dec. 2012
If you liked Babe, you will love this. Slightly different to the first Babe, because it was made by the man responsible for Mad Max..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Babe: Pig In The City [VHS] [1998]
Babe: Pig In The City [VHS] [1998] by George Miller (VHS Tape - 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01