5.0 out of 5 stars How good can a dustpan and brush get?
I thought that I would take a bit of time to look into the 'best' dustpan and brush that you can buy. It is not that I have nothing to do, or that I am a particular fan of housework....but more that I was mildly irritated with the last two rubbish dp & b that I had bought...

Published on 21 Jun. 2010 by Mrs. S. Aistrope

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not the wonder-brush.
Like many others, I have had a series of dustpans that have been poorly designed or not lasted. Having read good reviews of the Oxo Good Grips Dustpan and brush I decided to purchase and eagerly awaited the answer to all my floor debris problems.

Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by Neil

5.0 out of 5 stars How good can a dustpan and brush get?, 21 Jun. 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)

So I googled and looked at various expensive danish designs with scandanavian heritage...but kept coming back to this OXO one.

Although I really wanted a brightly coloured one, I compromised as this came only in black and white. It was a compromise worth taking.

It is the best dp&B ever...no sarcasm, or irony. It just is.

Buy and enjoy it - buy them for your friends. It will strengthen your friendships, believe me!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not the wonder-brush., 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)

On arrival initial impressions were good, it's a quality product that is well put together. That said, I do have some negative comments to make and these mostly relate to the type of surface that I am using it on. We have a rough hewn slate floor that seems to accumulate food and other debris at an alarming rate; most of this is due to an 18 month old with a penchant for food re-distribution. The brush has quite soft bristles and whilst probably ok on a smooth surface, it lacks a little 'oomph' for moving stuff out of the cracks and crevices of my floor. Coupled with this, the pan does not have a rubber lip, like some pans have. Again, this causes problems on an uneven floor as it doesn't seal against the floor thus allowing an element of debris to escape under the pan when you are brushing into the pan.

In summary, a good set that will work well on smooth surfaces, but is not ideal for those with rougher or uneven floor surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dust Pan & Brush, 24 Jan. 2011
Mrs. Diane Mitchell (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
This is a very sturdy set, just what I wanted. The price is fair and delivery was prompt. Would recommend this Company

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst dustpan and broom in the existence of mankind!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
I have purchased many many OXO products so thought that this would be a wonderful addition to my collection of happy purchases. I couldnt have been more wrong! The pan is not completely flat (im unsure as to whether i received a faulty product or whether the quality in general is bad) so all the dust i collect simply gets swept under the pan instead of inside it! I have flat ceramic tiles so it is not an issue of uneven floor. It is a big oversight that this pan does not have a silicon/rubber end like all other pans do to prevent this problem.
The brush is nice because it is flat so gets into corners better than other brushes however because it has less layers/hairs than a conventional miniature broom it does not collect dust as efficiently (i checked this by comparing my old set to this one).

I would rate it 0 if that existed...

EDIT: OXO responded to my complains and sent me the newer model of this broom : OXO Good Grips Dustpan and Brush Set

It has a silicon/rubber edge so if you are going to buy this product opt for the newer and more improved one. Definitely not this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dustpan and brush, 13 Dec. 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
Bought one of these years ago in John Lewis in bright yellow (understand they only now do B&W). It would still be going strong if my son hadn't managed to break the pan by using it to defrost the freezer! And don't put it in the dishwasher cos the bristles go funny - but hey, ho that is my mistake. Excellent choice and I am going to get myself another one right now here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient Tool, 5 Jun. 2010
J. Sagi - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
Our previous dustpan had a triangular dustpan and a 'brush' which was made with rubber bristles and a scraper on the reverse side, so we were looking for a similar replacement when the pan cracked. This was the most impressive of the choices online, and has been great, our grandaughter (5) is particularly 'taken 'with it which has got to be good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay but not great!, 27 Jan. 2013
A. KURRIM "Useful need to knows" (East London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
Hi, I feel compelled to write a review for this product due to the very high praise it has received. I have recently bought and used the OXO good grips dust pan and Brush set, and that its design makes it different to use when compared to conventional dust pan and brush, i.e. the bristles are thin, narrow coverage and bit flimsy. The handle itself is in a round ball shape made of rubber, and this causes you to continually have to adjust your hand in an angle that feels unnatural when using the brush to clean. I can only compare the experience to using a painters brush to brush with. Not a great product in my opinion. Sorry to disagree folks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
Bristles are too soft and not very effective. Ok, but not as good as some budget sets that you can pick up for about £2. I must say I'm getting a bit suspicious about the number of rave review the OXO brand products get on Amazon. And I've noticed a lot of one star reviews on competing products end with "I'm sending it back and going to buy an OXO one instead" and give a link to buy one.

Could be wrong, and I hope I am, but if you want an "amazing" dust pan and brush you haven't come across one here. Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rave review!, 19 Jun. 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
I can't believe I'm going to write a rave review about a DUSTPAN & BRUSH (!), but this is a seriously great one. Having had some pretty poor dustpans in the past - rubber edging that becomes twisted & repels dust for example - this dust pan is everything I had hoped for. Solid, sturdy, lightweight - generally brilliant! The brush is also very good (though quite heavy for its size, but I think that it just unfamiliarity at the moment) and manages to pick up all the cat litter that gets scattered across my kitchen in a very efficient manner. Love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set (Kitchen & Home)
I have both the smaller sized dustpan and brush and this the bigger size. LOVE the smaller size, works perfectly. Sadly this larger size doesn't have a rubber lip on the dust pan and so when trying to get crumbs from the wooden floor into the pan, it's a nightmare. I have also found that the lip has warped so now have a large gap in the middle. It's so bad I've put it in the bucket, but I will be ordering another of the smaller size.

OXO Good Grips Dust Pan & Brush Set