5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product
I've tried various garlic presses on the market and finally found the Good Grips one. It's heavy duty and even has a self cleaning plate. However, after about a year, it broke so I contacted the dealer. They informed me that they've improved the garlic press and sent me a new one and I haven't had a problem with it since. I was disappointed that my garlic press broke...
Published on 9 Feb 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars seductive, but deceptively fragile
I too was initially impressed with the garlic press, but was irritated by the need to remove the plastic grip of the handle to avoid stinky water seepage in the utensil drawer! This is a problem with all the Good Grips utensils I've come across (and what are the odds you'll eventually lose the odd grip?). And my press also snapped after a few months of use; that's what...
Published on 22 Nov 2004 by BeyondOurKev

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, 13 July 2008
G. Raeburn - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
Handles fill with water in the dishwasher, garlic squeezes out the side of the compartment when crushed, hinge snapped after a couple of months of use. Poor design, appalling build quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed!!!, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I had one these for quite a few years with no problems.Chunky solid item seemed to be well made and crushed the garlic reasonably well.It was Seldom used and always did the job but it has snapped in half at the hinges.If it was an item that had some substantial use then that would be acceptable wear and tear.Well out of warranty period now so will be looking for something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars its great I love it so helpfull, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
i choose this item because i have seen it in my friend house and i just love it and very easy to clean

1.0 out of 5 stars Triumph of design over functionality, 3 Dec 2012
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
It feels satisfyingly heavy, which implies quality (as does the price), and it looks good. Unfortunately, it is not fit for purpose. Utterly useless at crushing garlic, you get about one third of each clove ending up usable, the rest is just flattened and oozed and congealed around the head. The trouble with it is, the two parts which fit together to form the crushing "housing" are simply no where near an engineered close fit, so much of the garlic just gets flattened around the edge. Yes, you can get these bits out, but if you want the garlic crushed, you end up having to chop these bits up yourself, or chucking them. Shoving them back in and crushing again just doesn't seem to work because there isn't enough left there to push it through. If you want 2 crushed cloves, you have to shove 4 through this to get the required amount.

The cleaning bit is not long enough to push all the garlic out of the holes either, so cleaning is a real fiddle. A design student probably had a lot of fun producing the drawings for this, but clearly never actually built a prototype and tested it. I can't comment on the water-in-handle or reliability issues, as I simply don't use it.

Save yourself a load of hassle, just flatten cloves under a broad knife blade with a single whack, then chop or mash to a paste with a bit of salt - skin falls off, no garlic stuck anywhere so it all gets used, simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars No idea what these people are using!, 5 Nov 2012
Paul (Highlands, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I have to say upfront I didn't purchase this from Amazon.

Best garlic press I have used so far (and I've tried a few). It's solid, has a good grip and, to use a well worn phrase would crush a (hard) grape. Does some of the garlic creep up the side? Yep, a little. Not enough for me to care about.

Washing - like all knives etc. I just clean it. I don't submerge it (mainly) as it's got hinges etc. that would take forever to dry. Just dip it and wash! Works a treat.

Rubber grip handles - haven't had it long enough to confirm if the 'drip' or 'seep' as has been suggested.

Best thing about it is the cleaner. Saves me scraping garlic skin off of it. Just turn the handle around, push the cleaner into the press and voila, it just pulls off. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved design, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
We have had several garlic presses over the past few decades. We use them daily. We have found this one gets the most useable flesh from the garlic and that it endures well. We have had ours for a year now and nothing has gone wrong yet. I understand from other reviewers that previous models had problems but it looks like the improved design is actually working.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish - surprised it's still on the market!, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
Totally useless! We bought this a few years ago and we used it less than 5 times, it ended up in the garbage after sitting in the drawer for ages! It just didn't do what it was supposed to do - pressing garlic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Press, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I love almost every OXO Good Grips equipment. Have full set of OXO knives and I am also happy with them.
This press does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it brilliantly.
Very good handle and very good grip allow you without any extra effort to crush every piece of garlic.
Was looking for such a equipment for a year and now will definetely not change it for another couple of years.
Recommended.
Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars garlic press, 18 April 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
i find the press very easy to use and clean, they realy crush all the garlic out of the bulbOXO Good Grips Garlic Pressand would recommend it to anyone

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 20 Dec 2008
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this because i've got various other Oxo Good Grips items (e.g. the excellent potato masher and salad spinner) but it just doesn't work very well. Takes up lots of space too (which i wouldn't mind, but it's just not functional).

OXO Good Grips Garlic Press