5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant zester/citrus peeler
At first I thought the teeth on the zester were a little on the small side, but once you get the hang of it you'll be producing zest like nobodies business. None of the pith has ever been gouged out.

Published on 18 July 2011 by Zarniwoop

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well - for right-handers
Published on 6 Oct. 2012 by Jonners

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant zester/citrus peeler, 18 July 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)

I've not yet seen anyone mention the "peel" part of the zester, used to create long strips of citrus peel that have great decorative effect - I use long strips in various cocktails and on cakes, and with a bit of practice you can skin a whole lemon in one big long strip. Unlike the zester, on the lemons I use the peeler will remove some of the pith - not an issue for me since I never eat decorative peel but some might not like this. Not sure that the peel function would work well for left-handers though, it definitely seems to be a hold-in-the-right-hand-and-pull-towards-you kind of deal. Lefties should have no issues with the zester part of this tool though.

The grip is large and comfortable, either in my large hands or the small ones of my SO, and still grips well when wet, also easily wiped clean of any errant sticky citrus juice.

I settled on buying this one after using a few similar zesters at friends houses, and so far it's superior to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lime and Lemon Zester par excellence, 28 Oct. 2009
Dr. J. Buchan (N.E. Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
this zester is absolutetly excellent. it stops just on the 'pith' and strips the lemon or lime zest completely in it's multi tracks. the grip is comfortable and ergonomically designed to work with minimal effort. unlike 'graters' there is no likelihood of adding knuckle skin to the cooking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zest for arthritic cooks, 29 Nov. 2003
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
I've had one of these for about a year now, and despite my arthritic right wrist (I'm right handed) I've found this (like most of the Good Grips range kitchen tools I've bought) excellent, effective, efficient, easy to grip, easy to use... and it doesn't hurt!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile extra, 2 May 2011
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
Would not be without this gadget now. Easy to hold and does exactly what it says. Fantasically quick and if used in short scrapes better than a grater as non is wasted. Works even better for fine grating on slightly dried up citrus fruits. Longer, heavier scrapes produce ideal 'peels' for marmalade making without much pith but I have to get my husband to do these due to my arthritic lack of enough strength to do 12 or more oranges at a time and even he is so impressed with the gadget he has got into the habit of scraping the peel off all his oranges for juicing with it so I have a supply in the freezer for baking and his favourite tomato soup!

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I using it wrong?, 11 Jan. 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
I have purchased this over the weekend and had an initial go on an orange which was not too terrible after I applied a lot of strength. However, when I tried zesting a lemon nothing happened. I have tried moving up/down one way around and another and am just feeling stupid and not sure if it's me or the zester that's at fault. I cannot remove any skin whatsoever from a lemon no matter how hard I push the zester into the lemon. I will take a lemon with me and go back to the store and have someone to teach me how to zest (I am hoping the zester is faulty, otherwise I will be very embarrassed!). As for all other OXO products I would give them 5 stars as they are faultless.

-----

Edit:

Reading other people's reviews and having another few goes I have finally got the hang of it so it wasn't the product that was faulty but the user. It is probably the same thing as learning to use peeler for the first time, it doesn't seem to be working and the peel is too thick when you start but then you learn to curve it correctly and voila!

I have changed it back to a 5 star rating because it definitely does what it is supposed to do. Thanks for the comments, guys.

Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars This works, 2 Sept. 2011
Terence Craven (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
Having had to return a similar zester to my local hardware store because it was useless, just would not work and their whole stock was the same, I decide to look at the reviews for zesters on Amazon. The Oxo zester had many good reviews and rightfully so, this is a quality item which does the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job. Good value, 14 Jun. 2011
O. Bastide "Ollie" (Richmond, Surrey) - See all my reviews
Good item form Oxo.
Although :
- The size of the citrus rim cut is quite narrow (not as thick as the one u would expect in a martini for instance).
- Beware it is NOT suitable for LEFTIES.

O.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well - for right-handers, 6 Oct. 2012
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
This is basically a good implement - the chunky grip handle is splendid, easy to use and no slipping, and the zester part is sharp and efficient. It is a feature of canelle knives that they have to be either right-handed or left-handed, and for those southpaws among us, this one in common with almost all canelle knives is right-handed. This means you have to use it away from the body, which leads to less tidy results. My r-h housemate found it fine though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy to hold and ..., 31 July 2009
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
it does exactly what it's description says. It's an excellent lemon zester. Would totally recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable to Hold and Satisfying to Use, 7 Nov. 2010
This review is from: OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester (Kitchen & Home)
This works well, is comfortable to hold and satisfying to use.

It removes the lemon zest but not the pith.

Worth buying.