on 2 October 2013
I don't normally write reviews but after loosing my trusty old peeler in the bin by accident with the peelings a hunt for a new one began! We have bought about 8 different peelers wooden ones, fixed blade, swivel, metal you name it we tried it but all were awful! Peeling became a chore until I read the reviews about this peeler. I was sceptical about buying yet another peeler but I'm so glad I did. The peeler is fantastic it's just made light work of sweet potatoes we had for dinner tonight, you can also put more pressure on it easily to peel deeper or lighter. Excellent product totally recommend I'm buying a spare just incase a loss with peelings in the bin ever occurs again!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 June 2014
I have to post my experience of this item. Like the other two one star reviewers I found this to be useless. It may have a sharp blade but the handle is far too big and chunky in comparison to the very short blade. I'm not sure if the blade is too "indented" or what, but it's really terrible to use. I have weak hands and wrists with some limitation to their mobility, but I can work much more quickly using a 99p supermarket peeler. The tip of this peeler just sums up the product for me - it's meant to be for taking the eyes out of potatoes etc but it's thick plastic and useless!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 September 2013
One would be surprised how rare it is to find a peeler that is actually easy to use. The grip has to be just right, the peeling head has to swivel not too much and not too little and its edges have carry just the right amount of sharpness. I went though a number of peelers which I all eventually abandoned in favor of my trusted knife. However, once I got my hands on one these OXO ones, I never used my knife again.

Nowadays, that seems you cannot go through a single day without coming across Food Shows, this swivel peeler is a must in every kitchen.

RECOMMENDED.
Originally bought from JL, our OXO Good Grips peeler is probably well over ten years old by now, and is showing signs of age; for example the soft frilly bits on the handle have long since vanished and the stainless blade is tarnished.

Fortunately it still works immaculately in its daily tasks of rapidly peeling potatoes, apples, carrots, in fact almost anything with a thin skin. And it survives regular immersions in the dishwasher, unlike all our previous swivel peelers where the blade always rusted away.

I fully expect it to last another ten years.
on 1 October 2010
Nice chunky non-slip handle and a sharp blade make peeling almost a joy. Its also got a gizmo on the end for getting the eyes out of potatoes so you only need this one tool. Get one and you won't be disappointed.
on 17 June 2013
For ages I have used one of those cheap peelers with a sharp metal handle, that digs right into your hand when you try and use it. I thought I would splash out on a good grips peeler, despite the price.

It is absolutely worth it. It's much more comfortable to use, which makes a real difference when you're doing a lot of peeling, or peeling something tough like a thick skinned potato. The blades are sharp, and the swivel head means you don't end up slicing off half the vegetable when all you want to do is get rid of the peel. Great product.
on 5 March 2012
I purchased this peeler about 15 years ago. I still have the original, anyone that comes to help with making the tea that uses it asks where did you get this peeler. I sent one to my sister in the US as she has had carpal tunnel surgery, she thought i didn't like peeling potatoes with her knife, i told her it was better to use it since she had had the surgery like myself. maybe she will try it. a neighbor was here and i gave him one since he does the cooking in the evenings before the wife gets home. haven't heard any return comments yet.
This peeler is very effective; if you've never used a swivel peeler IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Or maybe a small part of it. Anyhow, it will improve your peeling experience, save you time, and make you a better person. It might even make you more attractive.

However, the one thing this feature-rich kitchen-wonder is lacking is a potato eye remover.

Other than that, it really is very effective, comfortable to use and well made. I've had mine ages, and it's still great.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 November 2014
You would be surprised how rare it is to find a peeler that is actually easy to use. The grip has to be just right, the peeling head has to swivel not too much and not too little and its edges have carry just the right amount of sharpness. I went though a number of peelers which I all eventually abandoned in favor of using a knife instead. However after a few near misses using a knife I took a chance and decided to get this. Once I got my hands on this, I never used my knife again.
on 29 September 2011
One minute I was eating my potatoes unpeeled and skins on then *BAM* I am peeling like a maniac and eating chips WITH NO SKINS ON! The part of my life that involves potatoes - and indeed carrots and to a lesser extent, turnips - has improved almost 10000% and for that, I have this awesome peeler.

I would have given it 5 stars, but that would imply perfection and this wee thing is not Angelina Jolie, so 4 stars it is. Great price.