Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 March 2001
A really great Lp with the original (and best) packaging. Great to see the b sides at the end as well. My only complaint is that the version of Here Comes The Summer is not the Original as stated in the track listing. Oh well, Can't have everything I suppose!
on 29 March 2010
Quite simply amazing.

One of the best albums I now own and can't get enough it. If you love the raw sound of guitar and drums you will love this album.
on 9 March 2016
The Undertones First Band I Ever See Live1979 Marquee Club Wardour Street London ., With John Peel Spinning Some Discs, What A Night.
on 6 February 2014
This album is up there with the best in Punk Rock / New Wave. The best album from Ireland if you ask me.
on 11 January 2006
Man, I have loved the UNDERTONES since, I'm not sure, about 1980 or so. They played once in San Diego, 1981 I think. I had to work late but I sent several relatives and friends and they all said it was like a BEATLES concert (ok, mini) in that the people were all into it and happy and jumpin' around.
There's nobody like this band. Pure power pop. Well written pop songs with strong guitars and that quirky Fergal Sharkey vocal. You gotta get over that or you just can't like this band. Their first two albums, this and Hypnotised, are classic UNDERTONES. And the bonus trax which include non-lp singles (and more?) fit right in with these first two albums. I don't come to this band from the pop part, I come to them from their punk association. Many U.S. punx I've known over the years don't consider them to be punk at all because they're nothin' close to hardcore. And, in fact, they proudly have that pure pop sound. Course, their lyrical content continues to fascinate me given they were a Northern Ireland band and could, obviously, have had very political lyrics. Instead we get some of the greatest teen/love/yearning lyrics with strong guitars in very strongly musically written songs.
Does a band stand the test of time? This one has for me. I get as happy listening to this album today as I did then. Well, of course, they didn't have this version with the bonus trax. Thank goodness for CD reissues and the good habit of adding non-lp songs.
on 26 January 2016
Great album lot of very good tracks for one album
on 14 May 2003
Funny how after many years something you remember only a little about comes back, and you think that was really good stuff, especially for one who at the time thought that punk-like stuff was stupid. But the more I listen, the more the lyrics amuse, and it's a good thing that CDs unlike vynils don't wear out, as it's permanently in my car CD player. It's that good. Some of the tracks are very short, but that adds to the quality in my view, and they are all worth listening to and tell their own message of the time.
on 4 February 2006
this album is amazing-truly amazing.if you like music at all youll love this.i have seen the undertones twice in concert (in 3 months)they were,are,and will always be the greatest band of all time.the album blends in well-each song following a song suits following it if you know what i mean!! this is my favourite album and the only other album i think comes close to this is the artic monkeys debut alb.(or any other undertones 1 4 that matter)
on 18 March 2016