5.0 out of 5 stars Is this the Year for Rock or what??????? Top Album
Well what can I say Excellent album. After hearing Leader of Men i was captivated and thought I have to get that album. I wasnt dissapointed at all. From the first song to the last excellent songs and they have a bush/silverchair sound to them. I don't know how they did it but they did. Excellent debut album just waiting in anticipation for the follow up. If they...
Published on 30 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Not there best.
0NLY RECENTLY HAVE GOT INTO THE MUSIC OF NICKELBACK.
AFTER LISTENING TO SILVER SIDE UP AND DARK HORSE I WAS HOOKED.
I SOON PURCHASED THE STATE WHICH I WAS INITIALLY DISSAPOINTED WITH,BUT ITS ONE OF THOSE ALBUMS YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO A FEW TIMES BEFORE YOU APPRECIATE IT.NOT MY FAVOURITE BUT CERTAINLY A MUST.
Published on 25 Sep 2009 by Mr. C. A. Drury

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant for their 1st album., 24 Sep 2000
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
Well, what can I say - I first saw "Leader of Men " video on MTV2 in Mexico, and WOW it was like...incredible. I then got the CD when I got home and haven't stopped listening to it since. Of course, as it is their first album I have heard better - Battle of Los Angeles by Rage against the Machine for example, but as a first it hits hard and stays in your head for weeks. When asking for people who had heard this CD one person said they were "the talented Bush", a compliment indeed.
Just one more thing, don't take my word for it buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, 9 Dec 2001
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
I bought this yesterday and at first I wasn't too sure about it. I've listened to it a couple of times now and it is absolutely amazing. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes either rock or grunge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have album for all alternative music fans, 13 Aug 2001
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
I have heard this album many, many times despite not actually owning it myself. It is a truly great rock album much in the same vein as Bush. Not only if you like bush will you surely love this but fans of the likes of nirvana would too. Anyone who is into excellent vocals, great riffs, and generally good rock music should own this album! Just listen to the samples and see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ummm, 30 Mar 2002
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
Its a grower.. well the main singles.. Breath, leader of men, old enough and worthy to stay are the best and show Nickleback are something special.. the other songs are raw post grunge at its best.. such songs as Coboy hate and hold out your hand maybe great but parts of them just tend to let them down alittle, the acustic leader of men is better then the original..

5.0 out of 5 stars Nickelback's Best, 1 Nov 2002
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
If you're considering buying this album, my advice would be that it's punkier - more Sum 41-like - than Silver Side Up, and slightly more like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers than the debut album from Nickelback - Curb.
In my humble opinion, 'Leader Of Men' is the best track on here, followed closely by 'Old Enough.'
I know that everyone's heard 'How You Remind Me' from Silver Side Up - but that is not, by any means, Nickelback's best track. It's just on the radio because there's no swearing!
Nickelback's best is most definitely present on this album!!
ROCK ON

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too heavy!, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
Excellent album. This is proper Nickelback but not too heavy. Great driving music with no bad tracks on the album. A must for any true Nickelback fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars i had no problems with this purchase, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
i'm glad i bought this album because i had not heard there earlier music and will continue to by there albums

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
After purchasing the Curb album, i thought i would buy The State and im glad i did. Fantastic album and i would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars music, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
Brilliant album by one of the best bands ever. glad to have this album as part of my collection so many thanks to amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Nickelback Album, 13 Nov 2002
Matt (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The State (Audio CD)
I listened to Nickelback's albums in the following order: Silver Side Up, The Curb, The State. After loving Silver Side Up so much and then listening to The Curb and realising it wasn't as good, I wasn't expecting that much from The State but I was wrong.
After listening to it just once, the Curb became my favourite album by the band, mainly due to the songs Leader Of Man and One Last Run, both of which I could listen to all day. It's a real bonus (at least for me) that there's a bonus acoustic version of Leader Of Man at the end of the CD.

The State
The State by Nickelback (Audio CD - 2001)