Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 January 2013
Sassy, clever lyrics with great south american rhythms sung by a really good singer / guitarist. What is not to love!!!
on 11 January 2013
Great CD makes me feel I've been dancing on the beach somewhere in some crazy shoes - loved it - even the cover is great
on 13 May 2014
Music you can't help dancing to or singing along with.
This album cheered me up on a dark February day
on 25 July 2015
How did I not hear this when it came out. brilliant her voice is so good
on 10 May 2012
I first bought this CD after seeing Kirsty on The Jools Holland Show in about 2000. She did a couple of tracks from this album and I just knew I had to listen to the rest. It was the BEST cd that I have ever listened to. I played my original CD so many times that it just wouldnt play anymore, hence, I have had to re-buy it. I certainly think it is worth re-buying.

This is a fantastic feel good album. It wont be long before you are singing along to the tracks.

My fav tracks are: In These Shoes?, Treachery, Here Comes That Man Again, Celestine and England 2 Columbia 0. The lyrics to these songs, I feel, are ones we can all relate to. Certainly worth looking up on You Tube.

The whole album just smacks of summer, BBQs, drinks by the poolside and that chilled out feeling you get after having just 'one too many' :-)

I hope this review has compelled you to order this CD... you won't regret it.

It will be interesting to see more reviews.

Sandy
on 23 April 2016
Great - just what I wanted
on 15 April 2015
Brilliant Kirsty MacColl
on 12 November 2014
so much fun - i miss her
on 27 February 2016
The final studio album by Kirsty MacColl, released the year she died from head trauma after a scuba diving accident on holiday, contains an ominous 13 tracks. The final track is titled, simply, 'head'

With a very upbeat sound for the best part, this album is a constant contradiction, with the lyrics often contain messages of sadness, anger or despair, with a running thematic of singleton life, or failing relationships of some variety. It also goes some way to breaking down the wall of celebrity, by inverting the stereotypical idea of being stalked by a fan.
on 11 July 2014
Haven't played it fully yet bit Kirsty's brilliant