Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£27.40+ £1.26 shipping

on 21 February 2001
I think the idea behind this release was to give us something to wet our taste buds while we wait for the new album.
This EP mixes some of their older stuff, with the newer stuff. 'Happy Man' is the old classic, although I much prefer the original version. I assume from the Amazon review that 'Happy Place' is yet another version of this.
The EP includes two live tracks, and some newer sounding material, such as 'My Yoke is Heavy'. It sounds a little bit more upbeat than usual, and could be a sign of things to come. Or lets hope it is anyway...
on 23 April 2009
Anyone who has followed Sparklehorse's career from the beginning will love this CD ( described as an EP, but more a short LP at a bargain price on Amazon).
Great stuff from Mark - buy it!
on 16 June 2001
If anything, the reason for any Sparklehorse fan to go out and buy this EP is for the appearance of Happy Man before Mark Linkous intentionally destroyed the song on Good Morning Spider. The song starts off teasing the listener with the fuzz that appears on Good Morning Spider, along with a splash of Chaos of The Galaxy before promptly turning into what is Sparklehorse's best standard rock song. However, what appears here is a different version/mix from the one that appears on Good Morning Spider, and, typically, not as good (the fantastic guitar solo has been mixed out), but nevertheless it's good to finally have this song. The other tracks, save for My Yoke Is Heavy, are not essential, but really I bought this for track 1 alone.