5.0 out of 5 stars Great Disney sequel
Published 13 months ago by NaomiT

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor characters, poor songs and poor relationships
I was deeply dissapionted with this film. I found the characters bland, and the songs quite dire, and in whole the film left much to be desired.

Nothing like the origional.
Published on 14 May 2007 by Danielle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor characters, poor songs and poor relationships, 14 May 2007
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)

Nothing like the origional.

1.0 out of 5 stars A contradiction, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
This film was a great let down. For someone who is a big fan of Disney's and particularly of Pocahontas 1 this film was very disappointing. Don't get me wrong the songs and graphics are excellent as always but the plot was painfully poor and the writers have completely altered the personalities of the characters. Their actions and words often contradict ideas from the first film and their original personalities. John Smith and Pocahontas suddenly seem to no longer care for each other and in the end they go their separate ways. This of course completely ruins the storyline of the first movie, in my opinion they should have left the great classic to stand alone without the sequel. However I suppose that if you haven't seen the first film then this one could be enjoyable, but if you have then I would not recommend watching this one.

In addition the price would be a complete rip off for any film, and for one as poor as this it is practically robbery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pocahontas shines again, but not her new companion, 19 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
Pocahontas finds a new path in her life, as she sails to England with her new companion John Rolph in a mission of peace. Once again, the animation and music are stunningly beautiful, the old characters especially Grandma Willow, Meeko, Percy and Flit add sparkles of humour to the film. The obnoxious, horrible Governor Radcliffe is also back with a vengence. He makes the perfect villain and you will be rooting for his downfall! Pocahontas is spectacular once again as the brave, spiritual heroine who is determined to make peace with the English King, James.
Personally, I was not entirely convinced by her new companion John Rolph. I didn't sense much passion between them, unlike when she was with John Smith in the first Pocahontas where you could really see them interacting spiritually and falling in love. John Rolph seemed to be a bit of a cold fish at times and he was a little arrogant to Pocahontas upon their first meeting. This is just my view however, others may see this differently. You'll have to watch and find out!
The only other downside was that the film only ran for approximately 65 minutes; it was a little bit short and there were no bonus features on the DVD other than multiple language selections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Disney sequel, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this to replace the VHS copy I had. One of few Disney sequels I actually enjoy, and I like that there are bits of the true story in there (albeit mostly tweaked to suit the Disney audience, and not offend anyone - given that in reality she was about 12 when she saved John Smith in 1607, was captured by the English and held for ransom in 1613, chose to convert to Christianity, married a tabacco planter in 1614, had a child a year later, came to London in 1616, and died the following year - probably of a common cold - aged 21/22.)

Delivery and packaging as you'd expect from amazon, fast and secure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmal, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
As a child, I'd grown up adoring the first Pocahontas film, and I still do when I watch it with my little sister, I adore it just as much as I did then. I was shocked that I'd never heard of this second film until a good few years after it's release. I sat down to watch this one with my sister (who is five) and I have to be honest, I was bitterly disappointed. Disney have let themselves down with this one. The songs don't scratch the surface of the great songs in the first, like Colours of the Wind and the Drums of War. I also found that the story in this film was not great. The fact that they introduced someone new for Pocahontas to fall in love with ruined it for me. With the first, you could see her and John Smith falling in love and you could feel the emotions Disney were trying to convey, in a way. With this one, you can't. It's as if Disney didn't even watch the first film before making this one. They completely forgot about her love for John Smith, and this ruined it for me. I grew up with Disney, and I love their films, but if you want a Disney film to sit down and watch with your kids or brothers and sisters, or even yourself, don't pick this one. You would be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED!, 29 Jan 2008
S. Razooki (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
truly appalling! wer do i begin? firstly it slaughters the first movie which was fab and destroys the romance in it that was btwn john smith and pocahontas. secondly the story line was crap and that was because ther was no decent story line. so dissapointed that i cant watch the first one now coz i know they break up! ruined a classic. dont watch it seriously! spare yourself! heed my words!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not half bad, 23 Jun 2014
Hadn't seen this for years, but actually quite enjoyed re-watching it, and the way the picture had been digitally restored impressed me. Obviously not as good as the first one, but find me a Disney sequel (or any sequel) that is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this sequel its particularly good considering sequels don't usually match up to the original film. Very happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars present, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World [DVD] (DVD)
This was brought as a Christmas present . Arrived within a couple of days and was well labeled and packaged.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why John Rolph, 21 Feb 2014
I watched Pocahontas last week and had a quick look at the Bonus. It was great to understand the reason behind the story. If you look into it, it might help you understand why in Pocahontas 2, she ends up with John Rolph and not Smith. Pocahontas (Disney) is inspired from a true story. She really existed and married John Rolph. I think Disney probably wanted to carry on the story as it really happened.
I have to say it broke my heart first time I watched it, but now that I know the real story of Pocahontas, I understand why Disney chose that story line

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›