5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Of all of the films ever nominated for the best picture Oscar, this seems one of the most surprising choices. On paper, it is a fairytale that sees a pig triumphing over all adversity to become a shepherd. And yet the film is so much more ...
From the opening, accompanied by rousing and beautiful main theme, you know that you are in for a treat. The themes are so...
Published on 22 Sep 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Pig marooned trans-Atlantic
This is an adult view, so it shouldn't be taken to represent what children will think of this movie - clearly most will love it.

I got the movie because I was enchanted by King-Smith's original book. Actually King-Smith gets shamefully little credit for inspiring the movie, although the film sticks quite closely to the original story.

The trouble is...
Published on 31 Jan 2012 by R. A. Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel happy film, 2 May 2014
Mr. A. Smith (notts england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babe [Blu-ray] [1995] (Blu-ray)
If you are feeling down this is one of those feel good films. This is one of those films for the whole family. The special effects are very good & makes you almost believe the animals really do talk. The sound & picture are very good on this BLU-RAY version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 July 2007
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
This is such a wonderful film and it is so sad. Babe is the sweetest little thing on the planet. This film is great for children, adults, and even grandparents. I would recommend this to anyone that likes animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Piggy heaven, 23 Feb 2007
Four Violets (Hertford UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
My daughter was seven when we watched this together and I think we both enjoyed it equally; and though I could not have watched it again as many times as she did over the next few months, I have certainly seen it at least twice since. How wonderful to have a film for any age group to enjoy. An enormous amount of care and thought has gone into making this and it shows. Its very funny, engaging, no awful mangled accents to struggle with, and the sound track is lovely - especially the mice!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pig that thinks its a Dog!!, 29 Dec 2003
D. Kranikoglou "virgoagogo" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babe [VHS] [1995] (VHS Tape)
I love this movie so much - Babe tenderly appeals to all ages and fights the good fight for animal rights without being too pushy/dark/in your face (like the second film)... ever since I saw this movie I haven't been able to even think of eating any pork product - no lie!! A wonderfully touching classic for all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Mustafa Feroze "mufer" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
My six year old daughter loves it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the book - so bought the film, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Read the original story - Pig Dog - to our grandson who really enjoyed it, so we then bought the DVD for him to watch. He really enjoyed it and we did too.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
even though we are two 'adults' we loved this seen before but still laughed. Really enjoyed this and recommend it for an evening in

5.0 out of 5 stars Good film, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Bought for my girlfriend (who is a teacher) to show to her class. They enjoyed it. Arrived quickly and the kids had a great time watching it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children of all ages!, 9 Feb 2014
Roger (Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 13 month old grandson after he had watched some of it on television and seemed to enjoy it.
He loves it and can pick it out of my son's, extensive, DVD collection. At his age he is only allowed to watch part of it at a time but is glued to the screen when he is allowed.
It is ideal for younger children, some older ones may be a little frightened by the sheep stealing parts but no more than some fairy stories and the outcome is such that the young ones will enjoy it for what it is and older ones will see the funny side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babe 1995 DVD, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Babe [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
It is a wonderful story, I used to have a videotape copy of Babe which has been mislaid, now I am very pleased to have the dvd, and it is better regarding picture quality!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Babe [DVD] [1995]
Babe [DVD] [1995] by Chris Noonan (DVD - 2006)