Format: DVD|Change

on 18 February 2013
I happened upon this movie on freeview over the Christmas period, and was particularly touched by the bubbly, family relationships portrayed between Jack Frost (Michael Keaton), his wife (Kelly Preston) and Charlie (young Joseph Cross) their son. For me, every aspect of the film took me on a light-hearted Christmas romp that set me up for the festive period. Its brief descent into tragedy was tastefully transformed into a fun-loving atmosphere that related to the father, son relationship prior to dad's untimely exit. In the opening scenes, young Joseph Cross is particularly adept in portraying a confident relationship with his contemporaries, but which understandably wanes with the loss of his father. However, the fun begins when Jack Frost (the voice of Michael Keaton) appears on the scene, diverting Charlie (Joseph Cross) from his dad's loss. Not withstanding the true meaning of Christmas, this film relates a refreshing tale that does not migrate too far from the spirit of Christmas, and I recommend and consider it to have been a worthy addition to my festive collection.
Well the reason I am buying this film is because my daughter wore out her last DVD as she loves it so much.
Got to admit that is one of the funniest and nicest Christmas movies ever. Has everything for everyone from humour to tears so snuggle up in front of your fire and watch it - does not have to be Xmas to enjoy a good movie.
on 25 March 2014
Jack Frost is a singer who's on the road most of the time so he can't spend a lot of time with his son Charlie, although they love each other very much.

When Jack dies in a car accident, Charlie becomes a very sad young man, until... Jack returns as a snowman! Now they can do all the things they've missed when Jack was human, but what will people think when they see Charlie talking to a snowman And what will happen when the weather gets warmer?..

Yes, it's a really daft concept, and it shouldn't work, but somehow, and this is thanks to Keaton, it does in a way.

It mostly works because there is a lot of chemistry in the family before the unfortunate event.

You can really tell that Jack is sad for his son, so when he comes back, it makes it easier to watch.

Obviously there is an element of predictability to it, the bad kid who becomes nice at the end, the family not believing the son, and as always, there is always one character in the film who sees the titular character and goes a bit mad. For the comedy.

Forgive all this and the poor, poor script, its essentially a good movie, which delivers it's sugary message with glee, and keeps the kids entertained.

As always, there is a little bit of innuendo for the adults, but it really doesn't work.

Worth watching, but you will be thinking about other things...
on 14 November 2013
This extremely low-priced disc is quite SUPERB, but demands special playing conditions.
Make sure the kids and family are assembled round your DVD player in warm woolly clothing. THEN SWITCH OFF ANY FORM OF HEATING, lock your living room door and play the film complete without any interruptions. After all, you wouldn't want the air to MELT Jack would you ? - even though he is bound to melt everyone's hearts.
on 30 January 2013
My 15 year old son told me about this film and said it was his favourite Christmas film so l bought it for him, we sat and watched it Christmas eve and we all had tears in our eyes. Brilliant film, brilliant value! If you haven t seen this film my advice is get it and enjoy!
on 17 March 2013
My 10 year old daughter first watched this film on TV a few years ago and has badgered me to buy it ever since. However I love it too, it is an inspiring story of a dad who comes back to life as a snowman in order to make amends with his son, we tend to watch it at Christmas along with Elf and Home Alone. A must for anyone's DVD library.
on 15 December 2012
this film all be it sad is a lovely festive family film and have watched it many times, sad story line but lovely film
on 18 December 2011
Just watched Jack Frost' For the first time on ITV1 HD I actually enjoyed this one I give it a 7 out of 10.
The boy was a good actor as were the other cast to.
on 15 December 2013
Warner Bros always make good quality non tacky family films that stand the test of time. This is no exception,
lovely movie.
on 13 December 2013
Brand new, great quality and an amazing family film.
My son was so pleased to see this when it arrived.