Format: DVD|Change

on 17 November 2011
To be direct I like Mike Myers movies & this one is my favorite.I went to the cinema to see this with my wife & friends when it first came out & I remember 2 things which were the constant laughing & embarrassing laughter when a joke was awkward or really quiet crude but you laughed anyway hoping to not look stupid & that is the whole of this movie as it is not PC & makes great humor of a man from the 60's in today's world.
I also especially remember when Elizabeth Hurley (all men say wow) when she came out with the silver outfit on as I think as I got a few other men probably got from their Girl Friends the jab in the ribs for maybe ignoring them whilst looking & thinking why can't I trade her in for Elizabeth Hurley.
Good movie you have to own it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 September 2013
A true classic of it's day and maybe it's not aged that well but I still love the film itself.

This is not the best of transfers, obviously not remastered as the film weave on the titles at the beginning is pretty awful. That said the picture quality itself isn't too bad, and the sound is very good.

One problem though is that there are no subtitles on this film, something you sometimes find on lower budget discs but why this one?

I also bemoan the lack of extras, looks like they're waiting for the 20th anniversary but by then it'll be a 4K release!
on 13 July 2000
When I picked it it up I thought that it would be unfunny and dull but what a shock I got I couldn't stop laughing honestly it is sharp and a must see after seeing this I had to see the secual which was just as funny as the first. It really is a must see.
on 27 January 2013
Austin Powers International Man of Mystery is very good.The film is very funny and Mike Myers plays Austin Powers brilliantly.I loved all the action scenes and I love Austin Powers's judo chop!However I sometimes get a bit annoyed when it starts to get rude and it does get a bit to hiper sometimes but thats a little thing.If you like this Austin Powers film wait until you see the other two.Overall Austin Powers International man of Mystery is fantastic!I recommend you buy it.
on 6 July 2015
For some reason I'd missed this film when it came out and ordered it from Amazon to watch with my 17 year old daughter. Neither of us were sure if we'd like it - too corny? too silly? - but as it turned out we both loved it. Consistently funny, with great performances by Mike Myers as the two main characters, and although my daughter didn't get all the send-ups of the old movies, she enjoyed it just as much as I did.
on 10 March 2000
Austin is back! After one of the funniest movies ever made "Austin Powers" Mike Myers is back with the second instalment of his swing sixties shagadelic humor. Dr Evil wants to take over the world and Austin once again has to try and stop him. Elizabeth Hurley adds yet another sexual element as if Austin already did not add enough. Not quite as good as the original but still worth watching.
on 28 November 2008
This is inspired stuff from Mike Myers who looked to have bottomed out after Waynes World. The beat generation references whilst sometimes esoteric to British audiences are bang on the money. Any film that can get an intentional laugh out of scenes with the lamentable Liz Hurley has to be good. The soundtrack is also full of jewels notably the title track Soul Bosa Nova. A tune that just makes you laugh.The sequels are funnier especially "number two" but this one is the smarter film. A must have.
on 27 October 2000
Fantastic! This is a riot - a must have for anyone wanting a good laugh. Forget Liz Hurley's dodgy acting skills - you don't really notice it -Myers' comic genius carries you along through the film and covers over any weaknesses. Real fun and a joy to watch! When you see this - you'll have to see number two! Personally - I'm hoping there'll be an Austin Powers 3 (fingers crossed)!
on 7 April 2012
Look out James Bond, Our Man Flint and those Guys from U.N.C.L.E. there's a new cat on the espionage block and he is shagtastically sexy yeah!
From the catchy opening sequence to usually unseen consequences to the demise of henchmen Mike Myers puts the 60's back on the map, Yeah Baby!
An he saves the world too.
on 20 February 2014
This is a Blu-ray release. Therefore the disc has a huge amount of storage capability beyond what is required for the main feature. Unfortunately beyond the main feature there is nothing. No special features. More importantly for those who are hearing impaired, or english is a second language, there are NO subtitles.