5.0 out of 5 stars "You really are the most surprising gran!", 3 April 2001
This review is from: Gran [VHS] (VHS Tape)
It was the theme tune which brought back cherished memories when I watched this video recently while baby-sitting my 3-year-old nephew. I hadn't recognised the programme simply from the picture on the cover; which was strange because half way through the the first episode I found myself able to recite some of the script from memory.
Being a product of Woodland Animations, 'Gran' displays the same animated qualities of 'Postman Pat', so young fans of the Greendale postie will feel at home with these 12 classic episodes, each of which run for around four minutes in length.
For parents not familiar with 'Gran', each episode centres around a little old lady who lives by herself but is frequently visited by her grandson, 'Jim'. Together, these two get into all sorts of adventures including playing football, going camping and even hand-gliding!
I would have been eight-years-old when 'Gran' was first shown, although it is aimed at younger children; around three to six years I would imagine but this doesn't mean that the 'young-at-heart' won't enjoy it too.
Where 'Gran' succeeds above many modern children's programmes is in the simplicity and innocence of the stories. It's because of the sheer simplicity that the story-lines appear ageless. It proves that what works for one generation works for another. Suitable for both boys and girls alike, 'Gran' stands the test of time well - my little nephew certainly enjoyed it!
I hope that this proves to be of help to parents looking for quality entertainment for their child. Most importantly, I hope that their children enjoy 'Gran' as much as I did all those years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRAN is fab!!!, 12 Dec 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Gran [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This really is a brilliant video for kids. Gran is little old lady, but does hang-gliding, roller skating and every pursuit that younger people think Grans can't do! Really bridges the age gap. My kids loved it and so did their Gran! Timeless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello gran how are you?, 24 Sep 2005
This review is from: Gran [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I've been looking for this video for so long. and its and absolute bargain everyone loves gran. It has stood the test of time so well, tho its been about 6 years since i saw it i remember the theme tune and half the words anyway!

Gran [VHS]
Gran [VHS] by Ivor Wood (VHS Tape - 1999)
Used & New from: £4.99