4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Comedy
This is a classic for the naughty kids. A boy gets knocked down on his bike, and is given a blank, written, cheque, by a mobster. He then goes home and types out the cheque for $1,000,000. After that the mobsters are after him. Hes buys a castle and loads of other stuff, watch to find out what happens next...
Published on 18 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing...
I unlike many others who have given reviews, did NOT see this when I was younger, maybe I missed out on the nostalgic feel good factor?

I bought this film after it being compared with 'Home Alone' and 'Richie Rich' - 'Blank Cheque' just doesn't come close in my opinion. I have watched it twice since purchasing, both times I felt neither bored nor excited...
Published on 21 Sept. 2011 by Andy Roo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Comedy, 18 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Third-Grade Teacher Thinks Movie is Great for Kids!, 24 Oct. 2004
Imperial Topaz (Marrakesh, Morocco) - See all my reviews
I'm a third-grade teacher, and I regularly watch different movies with my third-grade kids. I watched this movie at home on TV and thought it was great. I found myself glued to the screen!
This movie is NOT just about a kid who has no friends and spends a million dollars. It is really about learning to appreciate REAL friends, and that people who like you for your money aren't real friends at all. In addition, the movie is a kids' wish-fullfillment fantasy, as a kid manages to spend a million dollars in six days. He learns some important lessons about life, while managing to escape the consequences of his actions through lucky happenstance.
I thought it was a fun movie, and I loved it myself! The movie was great for eight-year-olds, and I know my eleven-year-old daughter would have loved it, too, if she had had the chance to watch it with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun kids comedy, 16 Jan. 2014
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
A young boy get hit by a car when he's riding his bike and the mobster driver gives him a blank signed cheque to apologize, the kid then goes home and prints it for 1 million dollars, what kid hasn't imagined what that would be like. There's lots of fun as the young boy spends his fortune, buying everything a young boy would want, including a castle, but then the man who has paid for it all is not happy and he and his fellow mobsters set out to get him. Blank Cheque is a fun film for kids over 5 or 6, my boys have loved this film for years now, it's one of their favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blank Cheque, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
We think Blank Cheque is a funny film enjoyed by children (mine aged 12 and 11) and adults! It reminded us of Home Alone and the story is about a young boy who is being teased by his friends and older brothers. A criminal runs over his bike and starts writing a cheque but has to run off because the police appear. The boy prints off the blank cheque for a million dollars and then goes on a huge spending spree!! We would definitely recommend it, a good film to watch on a wet day!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing..., 21 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)

One for a rainy day, kids might enjoy it. It is a film you would find at the back of your collection...

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
Good film just proves that too much money can't make you happy infact very lonely going by this film, this kid ends up with a blank cheque so gets it made out for a ridiculously large sum of money ends up getting every thing he wants except he learns a valuable lesson who your true friends are who wants you just for your money and who is genuine, bit of action involved funny at times good all round family film

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great, 4 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
I remember watching this years ago when I was at school, it was Christmas so we weren't doing any work on our last lesson and we were sat watching it, at first I thought it would be boring but I was glued to the TV it was a gripping film that made me laugh. A Disney film done well, less known than some of the classics but this film is brilliant, it was on TV about a year ago too and I remembered it from school I have wanted the DVD for ages and will deffo be buying it from Amazon soon it's a fantastic film well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Can't Buy You Happiness....., 21 Mar. 2014
Mr. Beaumont - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
I had never seen or even heard of Blank Cheque before. But as it was only £4 I decided to take a chance on it.

I really did enjoy it and it really does have the "Home Alone" feel. But I guess the moral of the story is..... Money can't buy you happiness.

But it had a happy ending so all good :)

5.0 out of 5 stars kids who wouldn't do this, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Blank Cheque (DVD)
grandson and the rest of family loved this film. watched all the way through. really funny, but felt a bit sad that the little boys had no real friends. have to use a bit of thought into what would your kids do with a blank cheque at his age

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Film, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Blank Check (Amazon Instant Video)
Terrible Film, do not waste your time. Worse than Richie Rich and incompetent bad guys who are unable to capture a child, a poor version of Home Alone . Poor story line and terrible acting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994]
Blank Cheque [DVD] [1994] by Rupert Wainwright (DVD - 2001)