Format: DVD|Change

on 25 April 2015
Aside from some good acting by Vincent Pérez and Iggy Pop, this movie was inferior to the first in every way. Had it been a stand alone film, it would have been ok. Otherwise, I personally feel, it lacks all the emotion, atmosphere, and presence of the first. I find you don't feel as deeply for the crow in this movie. Good acting from Vincent Pérez, but the movie tried too hard to capture the emotional scenes from the first. I felt that this one was a lesser version of the first.

If you are as big a fan of the first as I am, then I wouldn't watch this one. As I said, if it were a stand alone film, then it would be a lot better.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2014
A sequel that follows the original to a tee.

Once again a crow resserects a dead man to exact revenge on his killers.

Not even close to the original in terms of being a great comic book revenge movie, it does stillbhave a dark gothic style, some good action and has some pace.

The soundtrack is not as good, and the lead villian borders on the annoying.

Our lead played by Vincent Cazivel is passable but not a patch on Brandon Lee in the original.

Out of all the sequels so far this is the best follow up.
on 10 July 2009
`City of angels` takes a totally new direction from the original and succeeds on some levels and fails on others.It's about a man and his son who witness a street execution and in result are killed themseleves.The father rises from the dead to seek revenge upon the culprits.

I enjoyed this but I know there will be those who despise it.I thinik fanhs will enjoy it though.
on 19 March 2006
I think we all agree that the first crow, is, and always will be, a classic it it's own right. but, thankfully remembered for the film rather than the horrific, and tragic death of the late great Brandon Lee.
But, for the second film, i wasn't disapointed, well, to a point! i thought the whole look of the film, and the way some shots and scenes felt very poetic in some degree ( type of films i like, arty! ) and Vincent Perez, was a good decent Crow, mia kirshner was very good aswell, good character relationship.
But sayin that, looking at the negative reviews about the film ( which i think are very fair, everyone see's something different to others ) , especially about the acting, i do agree in some ways. there is a lot of scenes that are pretty duff!
Now for my low point, the bad guys is the one thing that lets down the whole entire film for me! only iggy pop, which was a massive surprise to me, made that part of the film worth while. in the original, the bad guy ( forgot the guys name, actor or character ) was very dark and moody. dark film, dark characters. And was very, very good.This was one was weak to say the least.
I'm no way comparing this film to the original, but i would recommend it to others who like the original, and likes the artyness of the film. It's not amazing, but worthy of a watch atleast.
But i would say, Avoid the third, as it was crap beyond belief!!! and the worst thing about it was, kirsten dunst herself! and i like her stuff aswell! But thats just me!
on 3 September 2010
As close to a made for TV movie as you could get. Bad special effects, bad casting, with the exception of Iggy Pop and the supprise appearence of Iain Durry but look out for a young Thomas Jane. To compare it to the orignal makes this film a poor sequal, as a stand alone film it misses the mark by miles.
on 3 March 2015
pretty much just got to complete my crow collection, its different from the others as its not just avenging a girlfriend for a change although it has not been able to do the first justice. plus i could've done without iggy pop, he looks like he's melting, felt quite sick after watching him!
on 1 October 2002
Well this film is dreadful!
Being a sequel to one of my favourite all-time films, I was a little but sceptical, and I was justified.
All they have done is taken the great film "The Crow" and used it's idea to write a dreadful film based around the idea of revenge.
It is dark and seedy. It is disgusting in places.
The new "crow" acts badly and his character is very weak. How he ended up in this sitiuation is even more un-believable. The view from the birds eyes is poor, the very fact that this miracle of coming back from the dead has happened twice is even more un-believable seeing as it is centered around the same young girl as in the previous film.
Basically this is a poor film that should never have been made. I hate the directors and producers for ruining the whole "The Crow" story as the first film was so wonderful, well written, beautifully shot with some of Brandon Lees best acting!!
If you have seen or even heard of (or even if you haven't heard of!)"The Crow" - I urge you to NEVER buy this sequel as it will leave you with a nasty bitter taste in your mouth!
DREADFUL!
on 1 November 2003
Oh dear what a dreadful dissapointment. Im sure everyone who bought this film did so because they loved the first one and I'm also sure that 99% of them must have felt as let down as I did.
"The Crow" stands as one of my all time favorites and I must have watched it a hundred times. This load of second-rate nonsense however, should simply be called "City of Angels" and not include the words "The Crow" therefore completely disassociating itself from the original and then would be doomed to the £5 bin of "B" rate movies with all the other rubbish.
The quality of this DVD is also very poor with distorted sound and picture, the latter being in widescreen but formated to 4x3 therefore stretching out of shape on a widescreen TV.
I will probably watch Brandon Lees masterpiece another hundred times but I can honestly say I will never watch this again.
VINE VOICEon 11 March 2005
Firstly I'd like to say that I'm not going to compare this film to the orginal, this is because that is not a good way to rate a film especially if the original is as good as it was.
The Crow City Of Angels starts promising enough and as expected with the death of our main character and son. This is all very well and good, even at this point the look of the film is ok, it has the darkness and even the empty feel. Sadly... the acting in this film is bordering on shameful, there were points of this film that I truly felt it was so embarrasing I'd have to turn it off. To be fair though that is probably it's one major fault but when making films it's the actors that can help you make or break and in this film there is a definite break. I'm sorry but this film is best avoided. I can't tell you how much I wish I wasn't saying these words.
on 26 April 2014
An oldie but goodie...we love this film and never tire of it, it's a shame that the second one didn't quite rate up to it. but this will blow you away if you've never seen it. a very dark film both in color and content...but give it a go!