5.0 out of 5 stars Isn't this fun? Isn't fun the best thing to have?
Arthur Bach (Dudley Moore) is an undeservedly rich man and spends most of his time dreadfully drunk. His story stems from the $750 million inheritance he is due but only if he agrees to marry the dull and dismal Susan Johnson (Jill Eikenberry). Before he can say I do the women of his dreams turns up, Linda Marolla (Liza Minelli). A chance meeting between them sends...
Published on 20 May 2009 by Piran Armes

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film but poor sounding dvd
I ordered this dvd with Arthur 2 and was looking forward to seeing the film after so many years. The picture quality is excellent, however, the soundtrack on the print is at a very low volume. Usually, I have the on-screen volume set at between 14 and 18 for dvds, but to get adequate sound (not loud) I had to crank-up the volume to 30 which is very disappointing. When I...
Published 4 months ago by Peter J. Chambers

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film!, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I absolutely love Arthur. Puts me in a happy mood whenever I see it. Great theme sang by Christopher cross! Arthurs theme...When you get caught between the moon and new york city!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for the movie BUT!!! be careful about the case., 13 Sep 2013
Gary (Terrace, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I like the movie but wanted it as part of a collection... including the case with Arthur in the tub. They sent me the all red with black & white 'ugly' case. I complained. After 20-30 minutes on chat I was assured the right one would be sent. I received again the ugly red case. I did a thorough Google search by title and then by ASIN: B00004CYRB and found... the one with the tub case art is FullScreen / 1.33:1 format (in both region 1 & 2) (except for this one ASIN: B00004VYOH at 39.00). The ugly red case has the Widescreen / 16:9 - 1.85:1 at 3.00. Keep in mind I have received and viewed the ugly red one. It was the widescreen format. I do not know what you will get if you buy the expensive one.

Bottom line... Amazon.uk would appear to have the right description (widescreen) with either the wrong picture or the wrong ASIN and what they shipped me was the right movie... in the wrong case.

5.0 out of 5 stars MARVELLOUS, 28 Feb 2013
Mme Jannis Valmin "FANNYYES" (Denmark / France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Oh how I love this film, Gielgood is simply a miracle and you are so sorry, that he is not among us any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
this was a gift but i have to say how brilliant it is to be able to get on someones wish list and get them something they really want rather than waste your money and get what they don;t want and it's still a surprise. amazon, you are the bomb!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars film, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Everything I remember about Dudley Moore. Paid a good price for a really funny film. Sad he's no longer with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great., 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
A classic, decided to watch again after the re-make was released, this one wins hands down - sorry Russel, Dudley nailed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect present, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I bought this for my dad as a stocking filler. It arrived before its estimated date and was as described very happy customer :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Arthur DVD, 16 Feb 2012
J. E. Baird - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
This is a lovely nostalgic film to watch.
The acting is great and the songs in it are brilliant.
Easy watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the rest of that moose?, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I love love love this film! Dudley Moore's laugh is so infectious and his wit and humour to play the drunken millionaire is Genious. I have to say that John Gilgud's role as Hobson had me crying with laughter! A really good, feel good film to have a good giggle at...:D

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny!, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Arthur [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I thought this was one of the funniest films I had even seen when I saw it on the big screen some years ago - and even now it has the capacity to make me cry with laughter!

ARRAY(0xaef45954)

Arthur [DVD] [1981]
Arthur [DVD] [1981] by Steve Gordon (DVD - 1999)
3.00