5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic fun - not just a triangle on legs
I used to watch Bod in bewildered awe as a small child (the bizarre leg movements intrigued me) but I'd forgotten all about Alberto the Frog, which is very funny and frightfully English. It certainly brought the memories flooding back.
Published on 17 Feb. 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Frank the Postman and Frank the Postman... SNAP!
Published on 28 Feb. 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic fun - not just a triangle on legs, 17 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
One of the best things about Bod is the truly strange plots (woman saved from drowning by police helmet, a prophecy about strawberries that comes true when most of the cast falls down a manhole, etc.). The animation is unashamedly poor, but it adds a magic to the show that is entirely unique. You simply could not make a programme like that in this day and age.

5.0 out of 5 stars bod rules!, 16 Dec. 2003
oh my god... "here comes bod!!" i totally loved bod as a kid although i could never really make out if it was male or female.. (erm... does anybody actually know??) actually none of it made sense but i still loved it all the same.. in fact i still do! the guessing of albertos milkshake always made my day.. i always seemed to get it right!! and i used to copy the noises he made drinking it (in public) much to the annoyance of my dad! and u really cant beat bod snap.. what excitement!! it may be boring and even weird to some of u but bod certainly used to make me happy as a kid!! hehe *smiles*

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic kids nostalgia, 4 Mar. 2001
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
For all those of you who affectionately remember Bagpuss, The Clangers & Mary, Mungo and Midge, Bod must also be a firm favourite.
This new edition not only has all 13 episodes of Bod that were made on it, but also 5 episodes of the lunchtime special they were shown on.
Help Alberto the frog decide what flavour milkshake to choose...strawberry, I think!! And don't forget to play Bod snap at the end!!
A must for all true cult kids classics fans!

3.0 out of 5 stars Frank the Postman and Frank the Postman... SNAP!, 28 Feb. 2000
This review is from: Bod [VHS] (VHS Tape)
So, was Bod a boy, or was Bod a girl? I'm still not sure. But, problematic gender-divination aside, this series was a classic of low-tech 70's children's TV. Cheeky androgynous Bod, flirty French Aunt Flo, Farmer Barleymow, Frank the Postman... all of them are amusing in their own special ways. The only thing wrong with this video is the absence of Alberto the frog and his animal band, and their games of guess-the-milkshake-flavour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bod, 21 May 2009
Mr. S. P. Gibbons "The Ginger Prince" (Folkestone, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
This is just great. Sometimes you can revisit your youth and find a pleasant surprise in store.
The music, the surreal stories, the enjoyable way in which the characters co-operate, and the songs for each character.....it's just what we need.

4.0 out of 5 stars another used dvd of an old childrens telly series, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
Very reasonable quality used DVD : part of the (now seemingly obsolete) Kult-Kidz collection of long decommissioned children's TV programmes. I bought this for my own kids but only because I had fond memories of watching them when a young-un myself. Interested to see how well they have stood the test of time: despite being on dvd, they are not digitally remastered but do produce the same sense of nostalgia that you might experience from a scratchy old vinyl record;- obviously they are a delight and an oddity as well as occasionally revelatory. Although TV is restricted to an X amount down our way, our young-un's love and request these old retrospective series' as much as they do the new one's, and sometimes, surprisingly, much more often, which just goes to reinforce the old adage: they don't make em like they used to . . . . !

4.0 out of 5 stars Here comes Bod, 14 Jun. 2000
This review is from: Bod [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I remember watching Bod at primary school. Zero plot? Who cares! It was brilliant fun to sit back and be soothed into relaxtion by John Le Mesuriers silky smooth narration. Shame about Alberto Frog not being there though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back to my childhood, 1 Feb. 2009
R. Rymer (Hull,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
When I saw this at amazon I had to purchase it. It reminded me of my childhood. It was great to watch it again & the picture is very clear. I sat & watched it with my kids & they loved it. A must for a 70's child

5.0 out of 5 stars Here comes Bod!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: The Complete Bod [DVD] (DVD)
Ah, the memories come flooding back of this little Buddhist monk looking character coming from a dot in the centre of the screen.

Sadly, nothing has been done to clean up the film, there are numerous hairs, scrapes, cuts, dust and just general old film flutter. On the other hand, the audio is very crisp and bright.

Only after living with a Buddhist monk did I reminisce about this series, I thought, perhaps, Bod = Bodhisattva (someone motivated by great compassion, has a spontaneous wish to attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings)

4.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it (and bod is male), 1 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Bod [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Just showing this to my daughters (6 & 4). They are loving it and calling out all the answers to the questions - something they rarely do.

I had told the eldest that noone knew Bod's gender, but she got it in about three minutes. In one episode, Aunt Flo and Farmer whatsit receive a letter saying "three gentlemen will arrive for bed and breakfast". When the gentlemen arrive, one is Bod. So, something that has puzzled me for 30 years is solved.

I still think Mr Benn is the best ever, hence 4 stars only.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bod [VHS]
Bod [VHS] by Childrens (VHS Tape - 2000)