Price:£17.00+ £2.80 shipping

on 21 November 2000
I think that this video is brillant for anyone who would like to learn how to self motivate them selves. Recently my motivation for doing uni work has been very low and since watching the video a couple of times i have learnt how to make the tasks i want to do into challenges. Paul Mckenna makes you aware of possbile problems which may be causing this lack of motivation and how to turn this around. If you would like to think positive and get things done then this is the video for you. It may not help everyone but i think that if you are willing to give it a try then i am sure you will see the difference after watching the video on a regular basis.
on 31 March 2003
Paul McKenna is very good and the tape is a simplistic way of achieving your goals.
he describes how basically how the mind works very simply (nothing wrong with that!). And how the problems we suffer from are down to negative thought processes. True in one sense but simplistic.
The second part of the tape is the real hypnotherapy bit and if you've ever experienced hypnotherapy before you'll know it's completely safe and very relaxing.
I've begun to use it for lack of motivation for doing uni work and other personal matters and I've seen some results already.
However as someone with experience of working in mental health and has had the benefits of hypnotherapy the tape is good for general motivation but really is no substitute for seeing a qualified hypnotherapist in the flesh because the relationship between therapist and client is THE most important factor in the client getting what they want from hypnotherapy.
on 25 January 2005
Combine this with Paul McKennas Build Your Self Esteem and the results are mind blowing - ok, bit of a Freudian slip there but it's a GOOD thing! Life changing diesn't sum it up well enough.
If there are any drawbacks to using his hypnotherapy products, it's that you'll never be able to see him live and remain in the audience!
on 1 June 2007
I bought this video to help me revise for my finals as I find it really hard to get into revision and usually don't do myself justice in exams as a result. I actually wanted the Accelerated Learning video but this was cheaper! The first half of the video introduces techniques to change your mindset and help you to focus your goals. It gets a bit boring watching it repeatedly and it is a bit cheesy but I do think it is time well spent, as I have found with his cds too that the hypnosis by itself is not as effective. I really did feel that watching the video every day helped me to remember how important it was for me to do well which would make me want to revise.

The downsides are that it is a pain to watch the same thing every day but as you see the benefits it convinces you that it is worth the hour, and worth sitting through the first half again. The hypnosis part is really relaxing and seems to be effective. I would always jump up afterwards, switch off the tv and revise. It would be hard work in a busy house as you don't want to be interrupted as you watch it; I put a sign on the door so my parents wouldn't come in. Finally you do need to have a reasonably positive self image for it to be effective, or at least not a negative one. It does say on it that it shouldn't be used by anyone suffering from depression. His self confidence cd is really good on the other hand but as with this one, you do need to listen to the whole thing rather than just the hypnosis.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone who is prepared to put a little bit of time and effort in; if you are I'm pretty sure that like me you'll see results.