5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired viewing for those with - well - original tastes!!
Watching the Sky Movie channel a while back I came upon this little gem! Those all-singing all dancing cockroaches are just hilarious and Jerry O'Connell - very easy on the eye!!! I totally recommend watching this film, as it will change you perspective on life as you see it forever!! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Published on 24 Jun 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Wrong region
Published 1 month ago by Jessica

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired viewing for those with - well - original tastes!!, 24 Jun 2001
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars so funny it hurts!, 11 Sep 2006
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of my ultimate all-time fav films! how much classier can you get than all-singing and all-dancing cockroaches - X-Factor eat your heart out.

Based on the misfortunes that poor Joe has to endure and the loss of the love of his life, this is a film that will have you splitting your sides from start to finish.

Som nay times you just want to cover your eyes and go "Why, why, why???". Its disgusting and loving and witty and def a must watch film - one for the miserable winter evenings!

5.0 out of 5 stars i dare you not to laugh, 23 Mar 2005
G. L. Read - See all my reviews
You'll think Joe's apartment is at first like every other boy sets out in the big city movie you have ever seen...but after a swift mugging and finding the only "BUG INFESTED" apartment he can afford you begin to realise you have found a little gem..i watched this movie when it first came out and my sides ached watching it.worth getting if only for the Roaches..... i just cant understand why it isn't available in DVD region 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre, creepy yet mysteriously attractive movie, 21 Feb 2008
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
I first came across this on a late night TV on some UK channel, and out of pure boredom I carried on watching. It turns out, this moment of madness turned out to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

...Ok, that's going a little too far. But this movie has a magnificent charm in the way it is put together. It has an out-of-this-worldly setup, both in the story and environment. It's quite hideous actually. I don't quite understand why I enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought a copy.

To this day I've been debating with myself as to why I like it. My theory is as follows. It is likely due to its shameless indie feel, combined with catchy melody and harmoney that creates an attractive flavour in the setup. Moreover, Joe and cockroaches collectively have a distinct characterization which in my view is pretty good. A story with good characterization tends to do well because you end up caring for them.

I still hate myself for liking cockroaches in this film. I hate cockroaches. They give me the creeps and that makes it even more remarkable that I enjoy this so much.

Surreal and outright grotesque, I suspect many people will hate it and ridicule it. So I'm not necessarily "recommending" it to everybody. Yet with its strong charm that you can't put a finger on, I suspect this movie will accumulate a secret cult following in the distant future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and light hearted, 17 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [1996] [VHS] (VHS Tape)
"Joe's apartment" is truly an original tale of a young man (Jerry O'connell) and his affection for a young woman (Megan Ward). The original part? he is helped out by singing, dancing cockroaches who do their best to help him win her over. It has to be seen to be believed!

5.0 out of 5 stars I caught this by chance and nearly wet myself laughing, 8 Aug 2000
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [1996] [VHS] (VHS Tape)
As I said in the one line summary - I watched this film by chance one day on Sky, and it is absolutely *hilarious* - some subtle (and not so subtle!) humour in there. Well worth watching and buying (why else would I have come to Amazon !). Both myself and my wife were in stitches watching this, the tears were rolling down our faces. Get it !

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
Great family film loved by my children in the nintys and now loved by my grand children very easy to watch does not take its self toseriously

5.0 out of 5 stars for the 30yr old child, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
How can anyone not love this film. Took me right back to being a kid again and the music still sounds great

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
have looked for this for long time as my daughter loved this when she was little, Brilliant dvd to be loved by all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Joe's Apartment....!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Joe's Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
Cracking little film! Showing it's age a little and surprisingly made by MTV...! If you love funny cockroaches then this film is for you!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Joe's Apartment [1996] [VHS]
Joe's Apartment [1996] [VHS] by John Payson (VHS Tape - 2002)