5.0 out of 5 stars A tear-jerking, laugh a minute story of 3 women
My favourite film of all time. The acting is fabulous. It has that rare ability to make you laugh and cry both at the same time. It's a modern Thelma and Louise, packed with girl power. The story of love, friendship, freedom and death will pull on your heart strings. It's wonderful- plain and simple.
Published on 7 Oct 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD does not work!
Was looking forward to watching this film but when it came to putting it in my DVD player it said on the screen "Wrong Region". I cannot play the DVD and so I want a refund please.
Published 9 months ago by Judith Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars A tear-jerking, laugh a minute story of 3 women, 7 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Boys On The Side [VHS] [1995] (VHS Tape)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 8 Sep 2006
RD - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I absolutely love this movie and have watched it several times over. The script is brilliant and you'll find yourself in fits of laughter quite often although be warned tissues may be needed too.

Two women (Whoopi Goldberg and Mary-Louise Parker) agree to travel cross-country together even though they don't know each other in order to share the cost and for safety. On the way they acquire another member (Drew Barrymore) who is an old friend of Whoopi Goldberg's character. The three women are different in almost every way but soon become good friends sharing laughs and tears. A story about a journey of the heart, true friendship and the hardships it can conquer.

Touching and absolutely hilarious this is a movie that should not be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this film, 5 Jan 2006
OneCatEvil (Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Three women headed in the same direction, nothing in common really. It starts with a road trip but quickly develops as the three girls become close friends. There are a couple of twists - some you see coming and some you don't. The film is very funny and even though I've seen it about a billion times it still makes me giggle and cry. Whoopi Goldberg is on top form in this playing a semi serious charator. If you don't like this film you must be insane

5.0 out of 5 stars Girlie-flick lovers need this film!, 28 Oct 2003
Ms. S. Bailey "SuzyB" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boys On The Side [VHS] [1995] (VHS Tape)
I dont actually remember this film coming out and came across it pretty much by accident, but it immediately became my favourite film of all time! It's basically about a friendship that develops between three completely different women. A heartwarming story that's both funny and touching. Without giving away too much, it makes me laugh, plus I need a box of tissues every time I watch! Definately a must have for the lover of girlie films!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys on the Side, 31 Dec 2009
Boys on the Side...[1995]

Well What can I say..The Cast was Superb,with Drew Barrymore,Whoopi Goldberg and a Mary Louise Parker..and a very young Matthew McConaughey.

I give this film 5 stars not because of such talent but on acting they were such that the story had twists that would surprise..I am not going to give away story but to me the film speaks for it's self...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best chick flicks ever!!!, 26 May 2009
Alison Petrie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
"Boys on the Side" has humour, emotional depth, sadness and well rounded characters.

It celebrates the joy of the sisterhood, of the importance of female friendship, even if at the end you're reaching for the tissues. All three leads are impressive with good support from actors such as James Remar and Matthew McCormack. I've seen this film several times and never tire of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a shame more people don't know about this movie...., 9 Nov 2011
I love this film. Think 'Beaches' but edgier. The cast is brilliant - Whoopi Goldberg being a particular favourite of mine. It will make you laugh, and it will definitely make you cry. I have that prickly feeling in my eyes just thinking about certain parts of this film, and there aren't many films that I can say that about.
Like I said in the title, it's a shame that more people don't know about this film - I've never seen it shown on TV in the UK and I don't remember it coming out, and whenever I mention it, I get blank stares. It's brilliant though - heartwarming, funny, sad, you will love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real feel good movie, 18 Feb 2010
Mr. S. Brock "MadeInEngland" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
A tearjerker but a feel good road movie

All the caracters are fantastic and the story lines make for compelling viewing. The music of The Carpenters and Joan Armatrading give this movie something extra special to keep it rolling.

A definite must for anyone who likes deep and meaningful tearjerker moments

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seller Thanks so much, 14 April 2014
Delivered today and on time. As stated in the description on Amazon. Would buy again. Have not watched the DVD as yet, but cant wait! Thanks so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 April 2014
This is a really heart warming story of three close friends, but you will need some tissues to watch it.

Boys On The Side [VHS] [1995]
Boys On The Side [VHS] [1995] by Herbert Ross (VHS Tape - 2000)
15.00