5.0 out of 5 stars steptastic
I was really pleased to see this classic step workout video released on DVD in a format I could use! This workout is the reason I love step and my video was begining to show real signs of wear and tear from use. This programme is divided into 3 step sections of realistic and managable sizes, body sculpting using the step as a prop, plus warm up and cool down sections...
Published on 4 Mar. 2007 by Swirly

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for more experienced steppers!
This contains workouts for 'beginner, intermediate and advanced' users. I am new to step and found the routines very difficult to pick up - the beginners routine (8min warm-up + 12min workout) was manageable but thereafter the difficulty level rises very steeply. The difficulty level is primarily due to the complexity of the step combinations and the short reps of each...
Published on 9 July 2009 by Miss K

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Play on my DVD, 8 Mar. 2010
S. Winlow - See all my reviews
I had to return this item as it wouldnt play on my 'new' panasonic dvd player. I think there should be a sentence in the description of the item saying that this could be the case. I wasted time and money on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great workout from Kathy Smith, 3 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Kathy Smith - Step Workout [1992] [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is another great step workout from Kathy Smith, easy to follow, and includes stomach and upper body toning exercises. This video, combined with 'Great Bums and Thighs' workout will give you excellent results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Step workout ever, without complicated steps!!, 23 Oct. 2009
I love this step dvd. I enjoy step aerobics and enjoy a cardio challenge, but what I don't like it step dvd's that have overly complicated step routine, where they have you spinning around like a lunatic.

Thyis dvd is split into 3 (or it might be 4) sections. Warm up. Section1 section 2 and cool down. It lasts around 1 hour. You're really sweating by the end of your workout, but like I say the moves a varied but not complicated.

I really enjoy doing this dvd and highly recommend it.

The only other step dvd that offers a cardio challenge (as in it's not for beginner - cardio wise) is Gilads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kathy Smith, 30 May 2010
K. HUDSON - See all my reviews
I am still only doing the begginers section of this DVD at the moment but it is working, at first i found it too fast and hard to learn but after a few times i got the hang of it and im now enjoying it. It is quite similar to other step DVD's that i have done but it is better because it has a warm up section, beginners, intermediate and advanced step sections and then lots of different toning sections for different areas of the body. This is great because you can pick sections that you feel like doing that day or squeeze one in when you haven't got much time. I would reccomend this DVD to anybody.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not playable in UK, 31 May 2010
L. Fitzsimons (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Really disappointed with this CD. I ordered it after reading the good reviews of other Amazon users, but it will not play in my DVD player - please dont waste your money as I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT all regions as advertised (unless you have multi-disc player), 2 Jun. 2010
L. Gill - See all my reviews
Very disappointed - listed as US import suitable for all regions. Does not work on my dvd players or any of my friends players either!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kathy Smith - Step Workout DVD review, 11 Nov. 2009
C. Lynskey (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
The DVD gives you a really good workout but is really cheesy. There are lots of false smiles going on, including Kathy herself and there are some very exagerated moves that belong on a stage in a musical. However the workout is tough and even has you sweating on the beginner level, probably due to the amount of arm movement included. It's not for the fainthearted, but the moves are easy to follow and you can always add in the arm movements later if you can't get to grips with it. It's also broken down into 3 sections, beginners, intermediate and advanced so if you're not so comfortable with step routines you don't have to do it all and can work on increasing your fitness levels. The music isn't great either but, to be honest, you're too busy concentrating on the moves that you kind of forget the music. All in all a good workout if you can get over the cheese, music and bad choice of aerobic gear!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, not bad at all!, 12 Feb. 2008
M. J. Samuel "Love2workout" (Pau, France) - See all my reviews
I have been doing step for a long time and have always done the Step Reebok video, however, this is seriously used up after ten years!! So, I tried this having read good reviews. I must be honest and say I found it a bit boring at first, it is quite old fashioned and I found it really annoying when all the others join in with instructions! HOWEVER, having said that, it was quite a good workout, if not for the very experienced or very fit, but I did break a sweat and felt quite energised afterwards. Recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Check it will work, 6 Oct. 2010
Mrs. Helen Penniston "Angelica" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
Its my own fault I guess but I didn't realise US DVD's might not play in the UK. I haven't been able to use DVD. My advice is check that this will work on your DVD player before ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but oh Kathy!, 4 Mar. 2012
The workout is good and not overly complicated but oh the cueing! Contrary to what others have said about Kathy's cueing being 'remarkable' er remarkably bad! She needs to take lessons from the master, Gin Miller!

All in all a good work out but Kathy get those cueing lessons.

Where the heck do those prices come from too? £81 and £34.99 - are you having a laugh?

Kathy Smith - Step Workout [1992] [VHS]
Kathy Smith - Step Workout [1992] [VHS] by Kathy Smith (VHS Tape)