Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£7.99+ £2.80 shipping

on 19 December 2006
This is my favourite film of all time. It's not very high budget, it doesn't have any special effects or a very complicated story. It's simply about the innocence of true friendship, despite socially accepted boundaries. At a time when most people are anticipating a luxury-filled break for Christmas, there are people who don't even have somewhere warm to go to. Mr Merriweather is a heartrending character, particularly when he tries to get some work or order something in a cafe. Homelessness is a dire and unfair situation for many people to be in, and it's really brought home to you in the setting of this Christmas film.

The characters are fantastic, the late-eighties-early-nineties music and background now appear quaint, and the film doesn't take too long to get going, or too long to finish.

It still upsets me every time I watch it, but it always makes me feel lucky to have all the things I have at Christmas.

GVW
on 14 January 2002
Heart warming but not overly sentimental. This is a well crafted story about an elderly 'street bum' who befriends a wealthy schoolboy and helps him with his school projects. Their friendship developes despite the interference of the old man's social worker, and the boy learns about life on the street .. becoming motivated to try and help. There is more to this movie than at first appears. It is very deep and moving with fine performances by all the cast. Worth watching over and again.
on 15 April 2010
Fantstic story of a friendship.
Due to the climate in todays P.C. world this would never happen again.
no wonder we cross over the road when we see hoodie.
The world is a much sadder place,with the lost of friendships such as shown in this film.
It makes you happy to have a warm home,lots of friends, and food to eat,not just at Christmas but all the year round.
on 23 January 2013
what can you say about christmas on division street
a proper christmas story based onfact and still has that feal good
factor
on 16 April 2010
Beyond a doubt - the BEST movie I have ever watched. "All Time Favorite".
on 9 August 2013
my friend enjoyed it
on 31 December 2010
I was disappointed as i did not realize i needed an adapter for this video so i would not order from the UK again. There was no mention of needing an adapter. We did not get to see the movie.